It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Disney might want to 'Escape From Tomorrow'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Escape From Tomorrow - A Disney nightmare in the making

www.cnn.com

Princesses transformed into ghouls. Psychedelic teacup rides. Simulated suicide. The world's most famous theme park turned into a vomitorium.

~~~

Now The Walt Disney Co. is weighing whether to quash the film or to let it slide -- not so much because of the disturbing imagery, but rather the way Moore made his movie. In an audacious act of filmmaking, he shot it almost entirely at Disney World and Disneyland -- all without Disney's knowledge or permission.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-1-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jan 24 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: title must be the same as source...changed paragraph in quote

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Really? You just can't make this stuff up.... I saw this story and my first thought was "oh wow, the CT's on ATS are going to have a FIELD DAY with this one!!" Unload all the speculation about how Disney isn't arguing the imagery but, rather, the fact that the Director videotaped without permission.

Here come the programming trolls....
Shall I start the countdown?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sounds freaking awesome. I'd love to go.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i watched the trailer, looks boring as all get out

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll be watching that movie.
And of course, all this hype about it, is going to make it a bit harder for Disney to squash it. Can't have bad publicity going after Sundance Film Fest Pic.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well Disney is does have the right to squash it or make him pay. He used their location and the art produced by Disney to make his film. If it was the other way around and Disney made a ride based off some independent film and did not get the film makers permission, people would be saying Disney is in the wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It does indeed look terrible.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can see this being a big issue for the person that made this film, they filmed it with people that happen to end up in some scenes, that didnt KNOW they were being filmed. Did he get their permission? Did they get compensated?
If I saw a film that i happened to have been in without my knowledge or consent to film me, I would make a BIG stink

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
i watched the trailer, looks boring as all get out

After watching that i think Disney should kill the film, the director would make more money by selling it out of his trunk and saying it was banned than if this actually got distributed.

A while back there was this other indie movie that was getting hyped to hell called Beyond the Black Rainbow. And it sucked, it was basically the worst Stanley Kubrick movie that Kubrick never made.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the clip! However, I am puzzled why they would even put that clip out? It doesn't seem to show any premise toward the "delusion" of the plot line. The effect, as you pointed out, is boring.

Of course, the fact that this dude was scoping out two young girls is somewhat creepy (again, I'm sure the CT's will have a comment on that....) but it doesn't really portray his mental breakdown.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That was the worst clip ever!

I am hoping that the movie is at least somewhat interesting as i like the idea of the plot but the clip does not give me hope.

I don't think it should be shot down though.
Disney has been around a long time and made enough money.
This film cant harm them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
People still watch movies?

Holey Hell I ask?

WHY? when it is so obvious what they are doing to your brain.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But I don't understand
why is there so much buzz about this movie when there isn't even a trailer out yet?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Boring?? Hell, I had to go eat a peach.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
From the op's article:

Disney that might keep the film from ever being seen by the wider public

Hmm. Trying to keep the film from being seen by the masses.
Where else did I see this topic recently? Oh, yeah! How the Royals are suppressing the documentary about Princess Diana's death.

I don't know about anyone else, but the last time I checked, only the guilty feel the need to shove things back into the dark.

I would love to see this guy's film.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
After watching the trailer, I'm impressed with the cinematic quality.
For him to have been filming in secret and those were actors, it's not all that bad. I expected it to be very shaky. Plus, I like the way it's filmed in black and white. This gives it the old times-y feel when Disney was all the rage.

From that clip, it seems as though the director is trying to communicate what a magnet Disney is for creepers.
Young girls in bikinis. Disney is basicly advertising to these people just as much as they are to families. Just look how many arrests happen there every year because some guy touched a kid in the wave pool.

I have no doubt Disney would prefer this film stayed on the shelf.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that Disney will never let it see the light of day.

new topics

top topics

join