It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Mockingbird 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey ATS'ers

I know there have been loads upon loads of old/older threads in regards to Operation Mockingbird from the 1950's
etc etc but i just found a Russia Today report regarding something very similar, and of recent times.
Apologies if this has already been posted! I just thought my cousins across the pond may find it interesting..
and also may add fuel to thinking there maybe "spies" in online forums.

EDIT: Tried to embed the video but for whatever the reason, it wouldnt let me.
Heres the link:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2013 by acertainshade because: Video

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Here ya go OP

edit on 24-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
delete

edit on 24-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another obvious attempt by liberal left wing media to bash patriots.

BTW I made your video fail to load.

Where's my check????

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
We were talking about Mockingbird around thanksgiving at a get together... and Ive heard it referenced a lot lately given whats happening currently in our country.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...
voices.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Another obvious attempt by liberal left wing media to bash patriots.

BTW I made your video fail to load.

Where's my check????

Your mindrays failed. Now, go to the time out table and let the big folks talk. While youre there, read up on Mockingbird... as I think you dont know what its all about due to your bad application of "liberal, left wing" versus " patriots" catch-words. You can learn what it is and see it in action every time you turn your TV on or read the news from MSM.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Do you really believe Operation Mockingbird is still in affect in the media?
The only exception could be FOX the rest of the MSM bash's the goverment regulary.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Mocking bird propaganda is a sub level away from the TV newsroom.....
The staffs of certain newspapers,are compromised with reporters who parrot the party lines, and soft pedal the negative results of goverment policies.....
Only 25 of the biggest daily newspapers are all it takes to sufficiently compromise the" fourth estate."
Looking back.....one can see the disinformation trail much easier.....
People with some expertise (say a scientist) are given the story that suits goverment purposes, and they spew it out authoritively till it becomes a public "factoid"..(a false fact acceptd widely as true)......
Op ed pieces by faithful stooges, and other things like letters to the editor, are used to set the memes the public accepts and go by....
Magazines have stories planted that affirm govt policies.....or pronounements like (Iraq has WMDs)
See how they destroyed the credibility of Colin Powell with their "mobile chemical weapons factories etc...."
as well as got the world behind the war.....
Perhaps Powell may have been a future president otherwise....(instead of Obama)now hes all washed up....
See how manipulation at BOTH ends of the news gives such power?
The CIA, and other goverment departments ALL engage in a certain amount of this kind of activity.....
Cant you see how the public, being unaware of the tricks is so vulnerable to it?
THIS is THE WAR we HAVE to WIN!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Thank you

new topics

top topics

join