It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacker group: Two jailed for cyber attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Also the person that stated a DDoS needs many people is wrong.
edit on 24-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

A DoS attack is one person. A DDoS attack is multiple people. For a DDoS attack to successfully shut down a website like PayPal (which gets thousands or million hits a day) would take a multitude of people. I won't say how many, because I don't really know, but I'd guess at the very least, hundreds. PayPal is a multimillion dollar website that is funded to receive enormous amounts of traffic bandwidth.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by opethPA
Also the person that stated a DDoS needs many people is wrong.
edit on 24-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

A DoS attack is one person. A DDoS attack is multiple people. For a DDoS attack to successfully shut down a website like PayPal (which gets thousands or million hits a day) would take a multitude of people. I won't say how many, because I don't really know, but I'd guess at the very least, hundreds. PayPal is a multimillion dollar website that is funded to receive enormous amounts of traffic bandwidth.

Except a DDoS attack doesn't require a multitude of people.
What it requires are a multitude of machines generating specific types of traffic focused on something specific.
BOTnets, zombies or other mechanisms controlled by one person will certainly run a DDoS attack just fine.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
No, don't believe in jail unless you rape, repeatedly, or murder.

Wait what ¿
Rape once and you shouldn't get jail time, rape repeatedly and it's a different story..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
I totally disagree...i believe Anonymous are a bunch of useful tools.....They have my full backing.

Just because someone claims to be Anonymous or NGodz or insert some other group doesn't make them right.

What it means is that person has the conviction, most likely, to act on whatever they believe. Maybe those beliefs are wrong, maybe they are right but to give them carte blanche because they claim to be part of a name is wrong.

For the all the people out there that hit WBC or handled the rape case in Ohio you have some kid who just figured out what nmap is and can see that someone they dont like happens to have some ports open which will allow them to do what they want. As long as they leave "Expect Us" doesn't make them special or any less of a criminal.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There was a reason that they attacked paypal.

rt.com...

this was all over the wikileaks file that was leaked. I believe paypal froze all of wikileaks assets or at the very least stopped wikileaks from being able to take donations. This was in retaliation to that. If I remember correctly these aren't the first two arrested for that either.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
DDoS should be a valid weapon of protesting!
If they are not going to listen to the public the public should be able to 'turn off' government.
Anon fights for YOU! Just saying.

^^^^^^What this guy has to say^^^^^^^^^ Wake up Sheeeple......Governments around the Globe are not above the law....we will be heard....we do not Forgive.... We do not Forget...We are Legion.......Anonymous....

That was embarrassing and made me cringe.

Ooops, Expect us....Nearly forgot that bit..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
I think anon is just a bunch of stupid tools, but 18 months for being stupid is fine by me.

I totally disagree...i believe Anonymous are a bunch of useful tools.....They have my full backing.

They are breaking the LAW.
If you want anarchy then you should never contact the police , fire department or expect a DR to help you.

These script kiddies are using other peoples computers (Bot Nets) to break the law , those innocent people could have been prosecuted

they are narcissists that do not care who they harm as long as they get the knob ends praising them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join