It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin seeks out diver for help. Amazing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just watched this video. A dolphin in distress approached a group of divers up close and presented himself clearly as in need of help. What's more, the diver gestured to the dolphin to "come here" and it imediately did so. This video is a testament to just how fragile earth is but also how an act of kindness to the earth can go a long way. Something tells me this particular dolphin, indeed these divers also, will never forget this moment.

Many thanks to Keller Laros, your actions make you a God amongst men. Although it didn't take much effort as witnessed from the 8 minute ordeal, it could have been just as easy to turn a blind eye.

edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: fixing link

edit on 24-1-2013 by Kandinsky because: Fixed video embed

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Problem with the video link OP.

Please sort it out, this video sounds right up my street.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Try this until I fix embed:

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Here's a link for the vid. I've embeded it for you. Thanks for the post!!

edit on 23-1-2013 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Thank you kindly!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Very beautiful footage. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Cool beans.
It humbled me and put a smile on my face.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Aw, dolphins are awesome.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I watched this vid this morning and was mesmerised by what happened with the diver and the dolphin. Really amazing by both.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Indeed, awesome display of human compassion and an amazing display of another mammal that for all intents and purposes should fear man, took the plunge (no pun intended) and sought out the assistance of the divers. Perhaps the dolphin could sense it was a safe situation...somehow.

I wish they would have been able to get the hook though, nonetheless and as was stated, right place right time.

I found myself lurching trying to help the guy remove it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Thanks masta.

That was nice.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow. I've had wild dolphins come up and check me out at night, get just a few feet away and sonar scan me. But I've never had one let me touch it. Manatees, yes. Even a barracuda once. But never a dolphin.

I've had momma dolphins bring baby up to see what a human "looks" like. At least that's what I interpret as what was going on. But I think the closest one's let me get was maybe a foot and a half out of reach.

This one was obviously checking out the people and decided on letting them assist. That it could reason out that a diver could and would help it is astounding. The entire "this is a problem I can't fix" -> "maybe it's a problem a HUMAN could fix for me" -> "I think I'll find some humans and let them have at it" is just an amazing sequence to go through for a wild animal.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
The entire "this is a problem I can't fix" -> "maybe it's a problem a HUMAN could fix for me" -> "I think I'll find some humans and let them have at it" is just an amazing sequence to go through for a wild animal.

Worded perfectly!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think the reasoning behind it was in the link here:

www.rawstory.com...

Is a news video that discusses these divers that have gone to this site thousands of times for this particular sting ray gathering. The rays munch on some glowing bacteria

So it's possible the dolphin is aware of it's surroundings and has watched them for however long. Reasoning that thus far no damage has been done to these creatures so they seem harmless enough. Now going from that thought to them having a clear understanding that we are even capable of assisting is pretty cool. And furthermore, the diver is also indicating that he made a specific gesture and he personally felt the dolphin reacted to that gesture.
edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I cannot imagine the existence of this planet without dolphins and whales being a critical component to the resonance of this world. I think their purpose is vastly misunderstood. I have always believed that their existence holds a key to uplifting this earth for the survival of mankind and the planet. Their identity and value are unlike anything and they are truly one of the most intelligent mysteries. They are a beautiful creation!

Thank you so much, that was beautiful. S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I sit here and all I want to do is reach out and give that diver a great big THANKYOU!

THANK YOU MR DIVER MAN

Just awsome, thanks for sharing OP.

Maybe its time that people stoped eating them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Maybe its time that people stoped eating them.

Maybe it needs to be made into a 30 second commercial and focused on the initial contact. At the end it just states: "Maybe it's time that people stopped eating them"

At what point does it take until an animal can be considered more than just an "animal"?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
At what point does it take until an animal can be considered more than just an "animal"?

For many people nothing will change them, short of the threat of being eaten themselves.

I once watched a docu...think it was called Earthling. I've never eaten meat since. People who think animals are no more than meat ought to sit and watch it. If your already compasionate about animals I'd recomend giving it a miss, its absolutely horrific.

Someone posted a vid a few weeks back of an Elephant looking in a mirror, that too should be enough for people to realise they are more than just an animal, I'll post it if I can find it.

Once again, thanks for posting the OP.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
really cool/nice story, thanx for posting it..nice to look at a thread with a happy ending as there doesnt seen to be too many "feel good" threads nowdays.
dolphins are very cool creatures and maybee just as intelligent as us in a different way

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Im familiar. Even familiar with all the elephants that traveled days to visit the "elephant whisperer" after he passed away.

An here is an elephant from India who paints. It is amazing!! Different colors with flowers, etc.

I apparently don't know how to get these vids in here but here's another try.

youtu.be...

This is the simple version. He does more complex paintings also.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join