It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Mickles
Now with these pyramids being located in the bermuda triangle which is a known hotspot for aircraft disappearances,.

Actually, it is not. That is just an urban myth.

Oh really? Which part, pyramids in bermuda triangle or the disappearances? I'm assuming is for the second. It amazes me the level of competency (NOT) in some of the members, at the point that makes me really doubt human intelligence and evolution per say. Is urban myth all US Naval Records? Or Flight data and records from FAA? Actually I got inspired by you to write this to institutions and let them know to throw everything they have in the garbage and come and talk to hellobruce in ATS who finally put a lid on the urban myth of disappearances. Pathetic!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If true=incredible....If false then just another disappointment

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I bet there are lost cities all over the place under the ocean.

Doesnt mean they are Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Is it safe to say that the first pic is an artist's depiction of the sonar? What is that?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My belief is that this account of finding Atlantis is false. It can't be true because it if were governments all around the world would be funding it and talking about it...just to give people a 'Feel good about humanity! We're about to discover an ancient secret together!" one world order feeling.

I want to believe that it is Atlantis. Because Edgar Cayce said it was there. But I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be hyped up more. Something isn't right about the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kissplash
My belief is that this account of finding Atlantis is false. It can't be true because it if were governments all around the world would be funding it and talking about it...just to give people a 'Feel good about humanity! We're about to discover an ancient secret together!" one world order feeling.

I want to believe that it is Atlantis. Because Edgar Cayce said it was there. But I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be hyped up more. Something isn't right about the whole thing.

i disagree as the current MO for global governments is keeping everyone in fear and not making them feel good. citizens feeling good works against the raping of the people. if your citizens are not living in fear they will begin to think for themselves pretty quickly, along with less stress aiding their health.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......the answer to all this was reiterated HERE. In 2008 an ATS member e-mailed Andrew Collins (one of the expedition's team members/author) inquiring about the outcome of this thing:

Originally posted by anotherseeker

Originally posted by lostinspace
Andrew Collins just e-mailed me a few minutes ago!
It was very kind of him to explain the situation to me.
This is what he said.

"Hi,

There is no conspiracy, simply human necessities. Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig held out as long as possible for the best possible deal on world rights to release pictures and video footage of what had been found. I know, I was involved with the deal from Random House, and was to have ghost written the accompanying book, which would have been accredited to them (I was chosen since the agent working on the project was working with me also, and I had just released GATEWAY TO ATLANTIS, which pinpointed Cuba as the site of the main island of Atlantis). The figure on offer was six figures in pounds sterling (based on a sliding scale of what had been discovered), but Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig refused the offer, wanting even more to fund their future expeditions. They hoped that NatGeo would top the offer. However, when finally the pair released video footage of what they had found it was deemed both of poor quality and not what was hoped, and since Zelitsky and Weinzweig had run out of money, a stalemate ensued. No further footage could be got, so the Random House offer (which they could have taken) was withdrawn. I have no idea what offer NatGeo made, but I suspect it was afterwards withdrawn also.
Zelitsky and Weinzweig had to go back to what they know best – treasure hunting and vessel salvage, and no one has heard from them since. They have simply vanished off the map.
Story ends.
This said, I firmly believe that prehistoric archaeology does await discovery off Cuba, and hopefully within the next year I will take part in a major expedition to identity suspected structures off both the north and south coasts of the island.
Cuba is by far the best candidate for Atlantis’s flag ship, and one day hopefully we will be in a position to prove that.
What exactly Zelitsky and Weinzweig discovered remains a mystery. Whether artificial structures, ballast from Russian submarines or natural features, we might never know. All theories are possible.

Regards,

Andrew Collins"

It looks like Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig lost their chance at some funding for more exploration at the MEGA site. Too bad they didn't take the first offer. They may have found some good evidence if they went with Random House. If anyone is going to find undeniable facts about a sunken city near Cuba, in the near future, it will be Andrew Collins.

I just wanted to quote this email response that Ats member lostinspace got on 7/30/2008 from Andrew Collins, who wrote the book Gateway to Atlantis. Instead of a conspiracy, another possibility which is more boring but just as sad is that they just missed their opportunity for funding to go back to the site. So it could have been another case of bad timing, stifling bureaucracy, and judgmental people who weren't too open minded or interested in this discovery.

Sooooo...the mystery remains unsolved. It really sucks that potentially one of the biggest discoveries in the world was thwarted by a simple lack of funding/poor choices

edit on 24-1-2013 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

If this is the "complex" found back a decade ago wasn't it off the west coast of Cuba (and thus not in the "Bermuda Triangle" at all?) and at a depth of nearly 2000 feet, not 600?

I thought the wait for more detailed info was over... apparently not.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Reading over all six pages of this thread (its been a slow day here at the office) I am again reminded why I usually don't read past the third page of long threads. It is astounding how many people obviously didn't read from the beginning or read the source articles at all. SO many talk about the images having to be fake because they don't look real, in particular the above view of the "city", when it is clearly stated multiple times that it is a 3D model of what they believe the sonar images depict.

My personal opinion is that at some point in the ancient past a city did exist known as Atlantis and it suffered some cataclysmic event that brought about its downfall, and that one day we will find concrete evidence of it. HOWEVER, I certainly do NOT believe that the city or its inhabitants was a far advanced as some people believe or some stories suggest. In my mind if they were so far advanced surely there would be evidence to back it up such as artifacts or legit documented records.

I also believe that in order to get 100% proof of Atlantis or other similar places and stories we will have to master time travel and go back and see for ourselves. My hope is that we will one day achieve this and the technology / ability will be strictly left to historians and archeaologists to utilize. Just imagine how amazing it would be to have someone go back to key events in history and take HD video of events as they unfold? The eruptions of Krakatoa and Pomeii, the construction of the pyramids and stonehenge, to simply be a fly on the wall observing the every day goings on of the citizens of long dead civilizations would be an absolute dream come true.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
its not like they own the rights to this location, why arent other people out there?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

I was just thinking about that. It could be that the Cuban Government is involved.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
***ATTENTION ATS: this is NOT a new discovery it is 10-12 years old. Please review my post ON PAGE 6 for the outcome of this discovery. It was never finished because of a lack of funding.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have my serious doubts.

Artist's renderings and interpretations of sonar does not a discovery make. Using archival footage and pics from other places does not validate anything.

I will keep an eye on this but will keep a heavy dose of skepticism. The most logical place for Atlantis was Thera and most people know that Plato was speaking in allegories and metaphors...it is quite likely that there was no such place but to make his story more palatable, Plato used the destruction of Thera as an example.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Its not Atlantis, or it is in a sense. Atlantis is off of Ireland, but its also off of Sicily and Spain and the middle east. There was a land mass, in many areas in the Atlantic, and there was land mass in the Pacific too, its not one place, but alot of plates went down apparently, past cycles.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its not Atlantis, or it is in a sense. Atlantis is off of Ireland, but its also off of Sicily and Spain and the middle east. There was a land mass, in many areas in the Atlantic, and there was land mass in the Pacific too, its not one place, but alot of plates went down apparently, past cycles.

My guess: Elaborate Hoax

Remember the prophecy by Edgar Cayce? Atlantis is near Bimini.
This is a simple misdirection and a pretty good one at that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

They claim to have even found written language inscriped on some of these structures, but yet there is not a single photograph. All we have is a #ty cgi picture...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Nice!!!! Thanks for throwing the pics out there for all to see!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by McGinty

That is fantasizing the myth of Atlantis.

Indeed, which is why i called it a theory.

ATS is still a forum for speculation, or did i miss something

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Regardless if this is Atlantis or not it's still a great find.
What I don't get is why everyone is dismayed that its not?
It's still a great ancient site with much to be discovered!

Lets face it this is as close as we have come to finding Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Truly amazing. If this turns out to be legit, holy crap. We'd need a thorough revision of whatever 'history' we've learnt so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join