It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elder Scrolls Online open for beta testers!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

signup.elderscrollsonline.com...

ETA check out the trailer.....FRIKKIN SAWEEEET!!!!!!

chexk out this article as well: www.rockpapershotgun.com...

edit on 1/22/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thanks for the heads up!!!
Gonna check into it....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Signed up

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I spent years of my life playing MMORPGs, I should say I "lost" years of my life playing them.

Very addictive and very time consuming.
Elder Scrolls online will be a very good game I'm sure, especially on my 50" LCD TV.

I'm scared of losing more years of my life playing this, I may need more convincing to sign up.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Another way they try to trap your soul until it melts into oblivion along with your body? Great.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Signed up

Oh check out my ESO thread somewhere

edit on 22-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
THANK YOU!!!!

I just applied.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just went and signed up!

Have not beta tested since the sims online

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
SWEET!!!!!
I have been waiting for this for two years.
lol Time to upgrade my PC again.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh dang I might have to buy a GPU.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks Homer! This tinfoil hat is signed up. Goodluck all, hopefully some of us will get in.
May The force be with us.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I haven't got the PC to run it yet, so i'm eager to hear some first impressions of it.

Until then, I hope nobody's sweetrolls get stolen.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm probably going to be disappointed, since I grew up playing single player RPGs and MMORPGs just dont have the depth of story/emotional connection (due to the fact that 500,000 different people all have to save the world the story is somewhat limited).

The only MMORPG I liked is Eve - I think they got the right idea - back off on the 'save the world' storyline stuff, and just make a world in which the stories write themselves - everything is player crafted, all space is player-controlled.. so you dont have 'raids' and such, corporations just fight naturally over resources.. people arrange parties to go into more dangerous space to collect valuable resources, etc... The economy is completely open.. Careers like trader, share trader, corporate spy, intelligence merchant.. all emerge from the system without having a specified 'class' etc. - I'd love to see a fantasy game running on the same open world principles.

That said - I am a huge fan of the elder scrolls world/lore, so here's hoping it comes out different.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm missing out on some damn good games it seems as I only play online facebook games nowadays with my PC. (MARS FRONTIER at the moment but it takes ages building stuff unless you are prepared to pay and I would but i'm not giving my phone number to facebook)

I used to play these top games on Playstation but it took a lot of time up.... although I do have the time now to play these things.... now i'm thinking of investing in an x-box!!

These Morpg games available on IMAC? Mind you, the IMAC costs big time.

edit on 23-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

Funny , i found a Xbox 360 controller in my closet last week so i decided to Install Skyrim again , get a bagload of Mods with the Steam workshop and finally try to "finish" the game at least once.

It plays perfect with a controller , although im a PC gaming veteran already

The Elder Scrolls Series has always been top 5 for me.

The only downside for me Personally was that i could not do everything in one Run
, too much too choose

you are being Bombarded with Different ways of gameplay.

But a Multiplayer/MMO Elder Scrolls game would be nice , i love Multiplayer games , played some MMO's but lack exitement.

Now for those who dont know this game Described below , if it sounds nice check some vids on youtube

The most Fun game for me to play at the moment is a ARMA 2 mod called Wasteland .
Its a Simulation shooter , with all types of vehicles and heli's/planes , average 65 players per server , 3 teams : Allied troops , Russian Troops , and a team called Independent who all are Solo , or you can form a group with buddies, you can move/transport all kinds of items such as Fortifications or stationary guns to build bases or set up Ambushes along the map wich is around 6 by 6 miles big

Its a very Tactical Game , you can lose your life not paying attention for 10 seconds , even if you think you are in the clear , even firing one shot will give you away and people will come and investigate.

The game has been around for years already and has some bugs , but me and my friends have much fun playing this.

TheGreazel

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just signed up. PvP looks really interesting there and I do tend to like me some PvP.

On the PvP front I like the 3 way war having 3 alliances sets up. DOAC was that way with its 3 realms and I always thought it worked well. It kind of helped ensure that no one side kept control for too long.

Sometimes in "2 sided" PvP games I've played one side will dominate the other for various reasons, (popularity, buffs, nerfs, etc). The "3 sided" conflict gives the opportunity for 2 sides to team up against the other if the balance of power swings too much to one side.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

I gotta get Arma2 combined ops then download the day z mod

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just signed up. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a big gamer, but I do like MMOs, and I thought Skyrim was cool, so maybe this will be good for me. Hope I get picked.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the links and the heads up.

I feel conflicted about this. The current MMO I play I have been on since launch (Aion) and my legion (guild) is wanting to shift to this game when it comes out. I just am not sure if I will like it and then I am going to have to start all over in a new game..

I like Aion, but it's soooo gear heavy. If you don't have maxed out proper gear you won't survive pvp. Between two equal geared people it comes down to player skill, strategy and ping.... but between unequal gearing you get slaughtered every time if you have the short end of the stick.

Never played Eve, but have heard great things about it. I miss Ultima Online, I played that for a couple years. The graphics made Diablo 1 look like it should have won an award for graphical masterpiece of the year, but the game play was awesome. No classes, no levels, just all skill based and if you realized after playing for a bit that you didn't like your build or wanted to change, you could just start slowly adjusting your stats as you play instead of having to delete the chara and start over with a new toon. You could go anywhere in the game (even if you were too unskilled to go there). Crafting was actually unique. You could craft say a bow or a piece of armor and it would pop up with random stats and attributes. You could make 15 and they would all have a different set of values and special abilities, instead of the cookie cutter items you churn out in Aion for example where the stats are the exact same for one type of armor, unless it gets a special bonus while crafting and it adds a few more set stats. So only two variations of a piece of armor vs countless variations in Ultima.

Most games are like Aion or WOW, etc, all class based and to some degree guided game play. :/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join