It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATER GUNS, when bullets run out SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

yep nothing like an old flint or a cap, all are easy to make, even the powder, and ball.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie

Originally posted by SilentE
Why not. If it's all you got in times of desperation then yeah. Even a freshly picked carrot could have someones eye out.
Could even fill one with petrol and make a flamethrower. (please don't anyone try that at home!
)

Why must people post these kind of things and inspire idiots like me

unless you know what you're doing, i highly recommend that you DO NOT try to make a homemade flamethrower out of a water gun . like one of the posters mentioned if you make one wrong move your tank backpack could explode resulting in a "1,000 ways to die" kind of death

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
be careful what you say here, water guns can be NEXT on the ban list

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by SilentE

holy crap

i didnt know there were so many people into water guns as hardcore as these people..

it goes to show the ingenuity of people and how effective the human mind is when it comes to constructing weapons

I know. I can feel myself becoming...one of them.

I suppose it's in our blood. We've been makeshifting weapons and all kinds of tools for time.
edit on 22/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Since fire arms are illegal in the UK i was considering stocking up on nail gun rails and compressed gas Cartiridges. They ain't that big although alot of nails can be heavy. All you then need to do is put an elastic band or a bit string round the safety catch at the top and you have a semi automatic fire arm. I used to work as a carpenter and we had many a gun fight in the work shop doing this. Also it hurts alot and can easily pierce skin a closer ranges. But get one with small nails for maximum damage.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

yea and from the looks of it, just a couple of pvc pipes put together with some electrical tape

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
be careful what you say here, water guns can be NEXT on the ban list
too funny

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Since fire arms are illegal in the UK i was considering stocking up on nail gun rails and compressed gas Cartiridges. They ain't that big although alot of nails can be heavy. All you then need to do is put an elastic band or a bit string round the safety catch at the top and you have a semi automatic fire arm. I used to work as a carpenter and we had many a gun fight in the work shop doing this. Also it hurts alot and can easily pierce skin a closer ranges. But get one with small nails for maximum damage.

in your position i would also consider pellet guns, not the plastic round bb guns, but the metal pellet gun, i own a pellet rifle and can hunt fairly small game with it, and with a well place shot you can fatally harm someone or at least severely injure them

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Remember to save the last shot for yourself.
(don't want to be captured alive you know)
That's why I'll be filling mine with A1 sauce (hate the stuff)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Years ago,a few college buddies and I made a potato gun.The purpose was to launch empty beer can into the dumpster out back to save us a trip.Those were fun days.
www.spudtech.com...
All we used to ignite it was hairspray,which by itself is a mini flame thrower.

I saw that episode about the water gun and hot sauce on doomsday preppers.Seemed to work enough to slow someone down.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Yeah, but even in that show, the attacker still got close enough to gut him (and now he's even more ticked off).

Unless a mutated form of rabies infects the populace (most don't know, but the fear of water is a major part of rabies), then a water gun is my LAST choice for defense... (not as crazy as it sounds...the Rage virus in 28 days later is pretty similar to what would happen...rabies has a 100% fatality rate if not treated, so a mutated version that was airborne could be apocalyptic. )

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Remember to save the last shot for yourself.
(don't want to be captured alive you know)
That's why I'll be filling mine with A1 sauce (hate the stuff)

Thats... just... unAmerican! Patriots might not secede, but they DEFINITELY use A-1.

ANyhoo.. I didnt know if I should.. but I can tell you how to tae a watergun and make it a functional zip gun.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You know in all the possible zombie apocalypse scenarios, i always come to the conclusion that the most plausible one would be the 28 days later one...it is very possible for a highly mutated strain of rabies could be made in a lab somewhere and unleashed on the population, they dont need to eat your brains.....just beat it out of you

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Please tell me you are all joking.....

A Knife is more deadly and can cause a lot more harm that way....

Use a knife and sneak around rather than trying to shoot someone with a #ty water pistol....that's just plain ignorant....

Or you could make spear's, use your mind, it is more deadly than a water pistol.

Plus, would you really want to waste drinkable water?

Not smart IMHO.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thinking this is not really a viable option.By the time real guns are out of commision or ammo runs out,a plasti toy will probably have long since ceased being of any use at all. At their best,they aren't much good.They leak,they break easily,wind plays havoc with the stream etc. Not something I want to depend on.
On the other hand,there are thousands of firearms out there that are 100 years old and still fully functional.Guns are tough,don't need much maintenance and rarely break. Ammo also doesn't degradge quickly,and yuo should easily be able to store enought to last a lifetime of careful shooting.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I do agree that a watergun filled with bleach, acid, peper spray or whatever can slow someone down but, as it was said before, those guns are plastic, and they break VERY easily. All you need to do is drop it or hit it somewhere. I have had water fights with brand new guns at like 30-4-$ a piece and it barely lasted an hour before they started leaking like crazy.

I would take a baseball bat, broom or mop before a water gun any day of the week, I think I can slow down a person a lot easier that way with a nice whack behind the head.

Not bad of an idea though if you can traffic it to make the most damage (like the flamethrower idea) although its unsafe, if we get to the point when we need this kind of idea to defend ourselves, it would indicate that shtf and that we are already in GRAVE danger anyways.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
is it bad that i soon as i saw the one with tank, my eyes lit up and i thought "FLAMETHROWER
"?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Yeah I would rather shoot someone if it will deter them with HOT spray than a bullet if I can. I am not talking about roving bands of insane people, just average desperate ones. What I can share I will, but will be very picky about who gets something for nothing. I used to keep extra feminine products, baby formula and such for shtf scenario. I had a house fire last year that did my extreme prepper stuff in. The look on the fire dept. faces when they saw some of the burnt stuff I had was priceless. Now I just do what I can, focus on gardens more than goods and realize that prepping begins in your heart and mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Whilst I unsrstand water guns being converted to fire pepper spray to ward off attackers you all might also want to consider rusting your knives a bit too.
Ninjas in ancient Japan used to use rusty weapons on their victims because if they failed to kill outright the poisons carried in the rust would certainly finish them off, tetanus was a killer in those days and should today's medical supplies dry up then you'd need a deterrent after all whats the point of pepper spraying an assailant only to have them return at a later date when your supply of pepperspray is gone?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sewage and finely ground glass, if it doesn't clog the water gun then that would be a nasty deterrent. Your enemy would die slowly with infection.

I like the ideas here, think mine may be a little too extreme. If you use the pepper spray method then dont expect your enemy to stop and rub his eyes, this will be a kill or be killed moment, he will either begin swinging his blade or spray and pray so yeah this would have to be used as a last dutch effort to get away.
Once you spray, run like hell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

<< 1    3 >>

join