It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Looks At Worm Therapy To Treat Autism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

This is not about how we lived. This is about vaccines being unsafe. The point is, autism spiked after the 1950s when vaccination was largely introduced and it has been rising ever since. There is an obvious connection.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay here's my story.

Paps is a plumber, and I never had a problem with things that made other people cringe.

Even when on the pot, I multitask something to do, even eating.

Played in sewers as a child and searched through dumpsters for oddities and magazines.

I was as sick as any kid growing up, maybe even more so.

After age 15 I've been sick twice. Once in 2001 while in Boston for 24hours. Again in 2005 after a bad auto accident.

I've never taken the flu vaccine except at age 17.

I allow my apartment to get junked up until I can't take it anymore.

Dishes are hand washed. I don't mind if a few specs of grime are left. It's like a little inoculation of the local funk in the area.

What is killing us is extremes. Trying to be 100% clean causes chemical toxicity to the environment. We should just chill and allow some of us to become stronger, and others to be realized as weak.
edit on 22-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Vaccines first came about in the 1700s and were widespread soon after.

I know what you're saying, but vaccines are not the issue - vaccines are treated and mixed with other substances to preserve them and give them a long shelf life increase the uptake rate etc, this is all to do with cost effectiveness.

You have a problem with the corporations, not medical science. I don't care about the corporations at all, bash them all you like, but don't say "vaccines are bad" (and by implication all of medical science) without qualifying why.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Exactly - nanny state. If a child goes to a&e these days with a worm in his stomach from playing out, the parents will be charged with neglect or something. It's ridiculous.

Our immune systems are active, not passive. When they have nothing to do, they invent threats, which is actually the current theory for allergies. Allergies are a new thing, seriously, they didn't used to be a thing, at all, but all of a sudden we're clean and stay inside a lot, and our kids have allergies.

If you look at developing countries, they don't have any of the same problems as us, because they engage in outdoor activities and let their immune systems do their jobs.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

You're right, corporations and business are the problem. But it is because of the corporations that modern vaccines are unsafe. So to have a problem with the corporations means you have a problem with modern vaccines.

As I said, I see nothing wrong with vaccination to prevent disease. The problem is, you now need to weigh the risk of autism versus the actual disease you're vaccinating against.

Do you honestly believe that giving a pregnant woman or new born child a vaccination that contains mercury and whatever else to be a good idea? These are real issues we need to look into without simply dismissing such concerns as conspiracy theory.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Heisenberg59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There may not be laws to prevent it, but believe me that does not stop them from refusing your child to go to school without the immunizations.

A doctor's signature is required, signing off that you're child has a reason to not be vaccinated. example - religious reasons etc.

I realized I was not able to get my child in daycare anywhere in my town without the shot record, so I then took him to the Amish community that is close by and they agreed to babysit. Which was a wonderful decision on my part, because I learned many things from them including why they don't use vaccines and various statistics regarding autism. 1 in 10,000 Amish/Mennonite children get autism, compared to our 1 in 9 ratio. That alone is very very disturbing, considering they don't vaccinate.

link   
People just need to go into their bodies and let their immune system know the score...

link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
reply to post by magycpapyri

There is no law, at least in the United States, that forces a child to be vaccinated to attend school.

With that said, I'm not against vaccination. I do think it can be done safer though. Right now, in my opinion, vaccines are simply not safe to be given to pregnant women and very young children.

And you got that from where? It's bad info if someone told you that

from the CDC:

No federal vaccination laws exist, but all 50 states require certain vaccinations for children entering public schools. Depending on the state, children must be vaccinated against some or all of the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and polio.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I believe vaccination is a good idea. On this issue, I would say it's my critical opinion.

Vaccines in their most basic forms are similar but not deadly pathogens, e.g. the first ever vaccine, cowpox, which protected against smallpox.

The cowpox was literally taken from the boils/cysts on a cowpox sufferer, and a healthy patient was cut with a cowpox infected scalpel.

(This is where the medical definition of vaccine ends and the corporate definition of vaccine begins)

Doing this is simple, transferring the pathogen from source to patient had to be done quickly or the pathogen would die and become ineffective.

Sometimes, the pathogen would not take for other reasons.

Other compounds are added which prevent these things from occurring, saving time, money and effort for all involved.

You are using the word vaccine which makes people think of the medical definition and demonising it. All I'm saying is, if you want to have a go at the second definition, go right ahead, but don't scare people off the first definition by using a wide brush.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

I don't have a child, but if I did, I would simply call every local news station in the area and make it a story. If that doesn't work, there's always Alex Jones lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The Constitution trumps both Federal and State law.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Had I known about Alex Jones back then, I might have used that option!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

The Constitution trumps both Federal and State law.

Vaccinations aren't a Constitutional issue.. but if you wanna go there, the states have the right under Article 10 to mandate it.. I don't agree with it but they can require it, so to say there are no laws in the US, is an outright lie..

This does not mean I don't believe in vaccinations, just that I don't like how the states mandate it to enter school.
edit on 22-1-2013 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My thoughts on vaccines now is I feel a child 2 years of age has no ability to fight all the immunizations that are entering their bodies. Especially the MMR shot, which I feel is the culprit of Autism.

If immunizations are to be given, they should be given over a long period of time, say 10 years or more, giving the body ample time to deal with each one as it enters the body. A child that is 2 years old has very little odds of fighting all those powerful live vaccines.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

and mandate it, they DO! The option of homeschooling is the choice the school gives you

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How about stop using the vaccines?

How about PREVENTION instead of treatment?

Oh...thats too logical, it would put them all out of business!
They wont have it, you know!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll tell you what. I had a cousin move to the state from Europe and she's got all sorts of auto-immune issues ever since she got here and started eating American food. Her son was born here and was fine, till he got is 30+ vaccines and flu shots, and soon after became autistic. The change was night and day.

Anyway, she just went to Europe for a month, and was surprised to realize that her auto-immune disorders went away. Then she came back her and everything flared up.

This gave her an idea. So she went on a "Euro-Deli diet" specifically only buying and eating foods that were imported from Europe, and guess what!!!!??? All her auto-immune issues are gone!!!!

It's the GMO's, MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Gigantor Portions,and who knows what else they poison our food with. Anyway, my sister also has auto-immune diseases and she's going to be trying the "euro-deli import diet" to see if it works on her.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A lot of people really go overboard with the hand washing and anti bacterial stuff. We tend to create ickier bugs by being overly clean. I agree with the original posting. If we allow ourselves to be a little "dirtier" we may be a little healthier.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think the only reason Autism is an issue is because societal norms force an expectation on an individual not cut for those norms. Go learn 5 things that you have no current interest in or know already, so you can enjoy one. That's school and an Autistic, run around play like a norm child in the grass...instead of contemplating the blades of grass.

The best treatment is seeing the child as a unique individual; with a deep curiosity and interest in the world around them...the social aspect is just one of the many in myriad of wonder and discovery around you...so it's not as important to an Autistic as the current study and focus; Autistic individuals will get around to it in due time...if it's not anyone else's schedule then it's an issue.

Why exactly is it an issue? Norms? The burden of having to explain awkwardly to a curious stranger the child's behavior? Control over a preconceived notion of what a child is supposed to be? Expectations...how can anyone expect something from anyone when; they can barely even live up to the expectations they have of themselves? Is that a rational and logical thing to do?

I am 40 years old I am between Aspergers and Autistic savant on the spectrum; not all of my development milestones came when they did for what gets called normal. But they eventually all did; yes there are a couple of weaknesses, such as blind trust with new people...we aren't aware of ulterior motives because ours come from pure intention. When I do anything I am doing it for the sake of doing it; I do not have a plan for leverage or win friends or make enemies or any of that other nonsense convoluting an act. We will go to great lengths to help and put ourselves out to do so without question or concern. We also respond to logic and rational arguments very well, explain something clearly and why that works for us if it's logical and rational...

Have patience the childhood phases come on their own schedules, at some point you'll grow amazed at all the compliments you get from your Autistic child's behavior and self learning, he/she is so smart, he/she is so quiet and respectful...I could go on but I believe I have said enough. Yes even the non stop ramble on's will fade, have patience.

It's not as bad as one might think it is; in fact I hate to say this but in my observations, the people considered normal have far worse issues to over come; with all the facade, pretense, and expectations etc;...that go along with being social centric.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I enjoyed your post. My son is 13 now and on the high functioning area of the spectrum (he was originally diagnosed moderate to severe). The problem with autism is that not all people on the autistic spectrum can function as well as you and my son do. I honestly every day spend time thanking my lucky stars that my son functions as well as he does when I correspond with other parents who's children are more severe. We are fortunate to live in a smaller school district where the teachers and admin know everyone. Here, the teachers do what they can to relate my son's studies to what he enjoys which results in a kid happy to go to school. (Though you should see how his scores go down when he's just not interested
)

---------------------------
OP - interesting article. My son has autism, my husband has Crohn's so I'll definitely have to look this over more.

My son has done very well with a gluten free diet. Though, as one poster commented, the expense stinks. When we first started him on the GF diet, after 2 months or so he stole several gluten cupcakes from his sister's birthday party. It was as if he had been on a 3 day bender he was so out of it. It must have felt extremely uncomfortable for him too as he has avoided gluten & wheat - to the point of learning to read food labels - since.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join