It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Looks At Worm Therapy To Treat Autism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Study Looks At Worm Therapy To Treat Autism

www.foxnews.com

It’s a medication technique that many may be reluctant to swallow, but it’s slowly proving to be a valuable tool in treating autoimmune disorders – ingesting the eggs of parasitic worms.
The use of this alternative medicine is all part of the hygiene hypothesis – the idea that ‘harmful’ organisms might actually be protecting our immune systems. In the 19th century, people did not bathe as frequently as they do now, and many lived among ‘filth’ – but autoimmune diseases were virtually non-existen
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've heard of this to treat Crohn’s disease but I must admit this caught me off guard.

I'm not so sure I would be quick to jump on this bandwagon with my child. I'll be following up on this to see what results come of it, but wanted to share the actual story and get you're opinions.

Also included the link of using organisms to fight Crohn’s

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Do you have an autistic child, then? Have you tried any special diets as a kind of treatment?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

During the first phase of the trial, participants will either get TSO (administered in a clear, odorless liquid) or a placebo for 12 weeks. There is a washout period of four weeks, after which patients will switch to the opposite (if they first received a placebo, they’ll get the TSO product). This way, everyone has the opportunity to get active medicine and a placebo.

Terrible methodology. Other than that, brilliant.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

No I do not have a autistic child, but do have a family member that is. I've always studied and kept up on current news and treatments for autism and also the reasons that it occurs.

I suppose as with any parent that has a child with a particular disease or illness, they might be willing to try anything.

I think its the worm thing that kinda gives me the willies

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How about stop using the vaccines?

How about PREVENTION instead of treatment?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My father used to tell me that our immune system needs something to fight or it will start to fight us. This seems to be something that is being tested by some scientists and the results are promising. We haven't been on this planet for this long if our immune systems were flawed. We all need specific diets tailored to our genetics. The old saying that a protein is a protein was a lie. The stupid assumption that we have 22 essential amino acids is a deception. Everyone is different and some of us need different amino acids as essential in our body. Ignoring our cravings is ludicrous. Get away from high sugar foods that they are feeding us and consume longer lasting energy sources. Every muscle of a cow has different nutritional properties, same with humans. So many foods that they say are good for us are only good for those with a high metabolism, they dope up and sicken the people who don't have a high metabolism.

Here is a good article I found. www.greatplainslaboratory.com...
edit on 22-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

How do you prevent autism?
edit on 22-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I agree, this "wash out period" is disturbing, especially if it does work and the parents are seeing signs of improvement and then have to change to a placebo for the next 4 weeks.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think that I wish to try this with my girls.. (I don't medicate them at all for Autism but this is just... creepy)

I would think that it may not be the parasites but something else that was causing the increase in autoimmune diseases, they seem to have been steadily on the rise since we started to isolate different planet based medicines out of their normal "natural" settings, such as the isolation of Penicillin (from Mold) and Morphine (From the Papaver somniferum plant) et al.

Maybe it's time to stop making all of these medicines in labs and let people make them the way they were before places like Merck and Bayer started to mass produce them..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

This is not a vaccine.

How do you prevent autism?

You can start by looking at the cause without calling everything a damn conspiracy theory. Why is autism on such a rise? This is like cancer. Don't worry about preventing it or finding the reason, no, let's march and figure out how to treat it.

link   
reply to post by vkey08

Medicine is not the problem, nanny state is.

link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Do you have an autistic child, then? Have you tried any special diets as a kind of treatment?

Yes, We have experimented with a total gluton free diet and a partial gluton free diet.

Both had the nearly same result of erducing the anxiety our daughter felt when confronted with feelings or thoughts she couldn't express. But there was a marked difference from the regular diet.

She continues today to improve her social skills and whenever possible and practical her glutton free diet.

The one major issue we had was the cost, even when home made the price of ingredients is shocking.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And if the prevention was massive infant mortality, serfdom and no technology, would you accept that so we can live more naturally?

How far back do you think we should go? 1950s? 1800s?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

And if the prevention was massive infant mortality, serfdom and no technology, would you accept that so we can live more naturally?

How far back do you think we should go? 1950s? 1800s?

I think 1950 would be a good point considering that's about the time autism started it's sharp spike. I think we really need to look into mercury and it's effect on pregnant women and new born children. I think that would be a great place to start.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Did you also eliminate sugar, or high fructose corn syrup?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I agree with you there, as I've wrote threads on this before, but its not just a simple "I'm going to stop using vaccines". I've seen people say this over and over again, but try getting a child in school or daycare without a shot record. It won't happen! Been there and fought it.

so yes although I do agree we need to be looking for the source that is starting Autism, finding a cure is also a good thing, even if it involves WORMS! "shivers"

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's a growing theory that gut bacteria may contribute to Autism, there are lots of articles and a few books about it. Here is just one:

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yeah, the 50s were a great time to live, staph everywhere, a dicky heart (or any organ) meant you were dead as a dodo and we hadn't even identified hepatitis at that point, never mind figured out how to treat it.

Edit: also polio and birth control.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

There is no law, at least in the United States, that forces a child to be vaccinated to attend school.

With that said, I'm not against vaccination. I do think it can be done safer though. Right now, in my opinion, vaccines are simply not safe to be given to pregnant women and very young children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join