It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-death tally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This site tries to have an upd ated list of gun-deaths in the US, a project which I find rather interesting.

I do not compare these numbers to their equivalences in other countries. I simply want to give a link to a quite accurately updated list.

Is there a rising tendency to gun-deaths? Is there a trend for copyists, using weapons for some maniacal cause like wanting to be news for the country for even one day or something?

Please, just stop.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Does this include those shot and killed by police officers, I heard there can be quite alot and they are not all in the interest of public safety.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I can only speak for the USA.

If it's true that 11, 300+ deaths by guns are the average in the US, that means there is about 31 deaths "per day" in the USA by guns. If those statistics were reported daily, people would think there was absolute Apocalypse madness occurring in the US.

If Influenza deaths were reported daily, we'd have a pandemic on our hands.

If auto accident deaths were reported daily, we'd have vehicle bannings daily.

edit on 22-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It's rather interesting that the majority of gun related deaths are happening on the Eastern side of the nation.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I like how Chicago the gun ban capitol of the country has pretty much the most shootings. But yeah sure gun control works!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
It's rather interesting that the majority of gun related deaths are happening on the Eastern side of the nation

That's where the majority of the population is.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That's the way it's always been. I remember when I lived there Philly saw about 10 shootings from Friday night to Sunday morning
edit on 22-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

according to the map most of the deaths are in $%^& holes anyways ^^ YAY GUNS

wheres the map of people not killed by guns since snady ook because im sure that maps in the millions of people alive.
edit on 22-1-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Ok.. so the closer stupid people are to each other the more they shoot each other. That's what I get from the map anyhow.

I'm willing to bet that the educational standards in these high density areas are sub par even by Americas standards.

Well educated folk tend to kill others less than uneducated folk.

There are so so many things broken in America that contribute to this issue. And despite a common misconception, guns have not changed much in the past hundred years, but policy and a whole slew of other things have.

These numbers were not always this high.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why gun deaths? Why not deaths on the whole?

Does it matter how you are murdered if you are still murdered? Worrying about how someone is murdered does little to solve WHY they were murdered.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, it matters because if you can prevent access to methods of murder that are more effective and more efficient, such as guns, then people will have to rely on less effective means to murder other people, and they will thus not be able to murder people as effectively.

Are you people seriously so stupid that you can't figure stuff like this out on your own?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Living in Chicago I find this hillarious as well..... Though I did just get my FOID..... And i'm waiting on the CCW laws to be re-written, praise Tom Cruise (that's a joke)

To the Original OP, how bout we just make a chart that show's the gun related deaths to every other non gun related death.... Wait hasn't t his been done....? So this site isn't doing anything new..... Someone in Chicago was just shot while writting this.....

I find stat's to be ridiculous and fictitious if not just food for foder and and passing time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, it matters because if you can prevent access to methods of murder that are more effective and more efficient, such as guns, then people will have to rely on less effective means to murder other people, and they will thus not be able to murder people as effectively.

More efficient for whom?

the only reason I could be deadly with a gun is because of my training. My oldest son, who doesn't shoot, would be lucky to not shoot himself were he to rampage. It is all about training, especially if you are talking about a pistol.

With the same amount of training it would take to be able to shoot people reliably with a pistol someone could learn to make an explosive.

But "less effective means" seems more like a treatment of a symptom, not the actual cause. Take away everyone's guns....it is just a band aid. And I think you will find that there are more effective means of murder than pulling a trigger.

Are you people seriously so stupid that you can't figure stuff like this out on your own?

"You people"?

And why are "we people" stupid? Because we have a different perspective than you?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I dont really find it "funny" so to say but kind of like "hey people isn't it obvious gun control doesn't work?"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Does this include those shot and killed by police officers, I heard there can be quite alot and they are not all in the interest of public safety.

And suicides.

And when a victim uses a gun defensively.

Just counting "gun deaths" is a pretty pointless endeavor.

Well, pointless unless you're trying to push an agenda.

ETA: There isnt even a way to limit by event such as murder, suicide, police, justifiable, etc....

That tells me Slates only purpose is to push an agenda.
edit on 24-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
This site tries to have an upd ated list of gun-deaths in the US, a project which I find rather interesting.

I do not compare these numbers to their equivalences in other countries. I simply want to give a link to a quite accurately updated list.

Is there a rising tendency to gun-deaths? Is there a trend for copyists, using weapons for some maniacal cause like wanting to be news for the country for even one day or something?

Please, just stop.

And they are still less then 1.5% of total deaths in the country! If they reported all the deaths by doctors and cars people would think it was the Apocalypse! Yes please just stop this anti-gun stupidity!
edit on 24-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join