It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are involved in this whether you like it or not !!!! Questions not answered here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was lying in bed talking to my g/f last night. Before I went to sleep I begin thinking about some of my friends that had stayed awake for days at a time. They were not up on any kind of drugs, they just had to work night shifts and go to school and practices and stuff. But the point to this is these people would start to hallucinate. They would start to see stuff and I am not sure if this is hallucinating. It sounds more along the lines of them seeing other demensions running all together right in this same world.

I am going to start a little research project but I need information. I need alot of it from different people from different walks of life. I am sure that there is some connection between sleep and other demensions.

Hypothosis: I think that sleep is a natural Security gate between us and the next realm of existence or that maybe we are different people each time we wake up. All the information that we have everyday is just some implanted information that someone or some NATURAL thing that has put that information there to put us under control.

What if someone everytime you went to sleep could take your body. Make repairs do all the stuff that we do when we are asleep. Sometimes we remember it sometimes we don't. But they are all just called dreams. I am not sure if anyone has any idea of what I am talking about.

Please help me in discovering whatever it is that I am looking for ... ... ...

Here are a couple of questions I would love to hear the answers from each of you ...

Do you always remember your dreams ?

If so, are they LUCID? ***Meaning can you control them?***

Do you remember anything when you are a sleep?
***This makes no sense to me as to why I can lay down close my eyes and relax and I knwo everythign that is going on around me. But when I go to sleep and wake up it only feels like minutes/seconds have passed. Example: The other morning I woke up to see my g/f off to work, I was sitting there watching the morning news ... last thing that I remember is this guy doing the weather in a 3rd grade class room. ***SOME OF YOU MIGHT HAVE SEEN THIS ... about 45 minutes later I woke and not even realizing I had fell asleep I was startled almost. There was about 30 mintues untill I had to be at work and I was sitting there on the couch without having done anything. I didn't remember falling asleep I didn't remember anything in the last 45 minutes. It blows my mind that everyone that goes to sleep cannot remember anything that goes on and has no concept of time when they go to sleep. ALTHOUGH I ALWAYS WAKE UP AT AROUND 7:00 A.M. every morning and I am not sure if it is because whom ever or whatever affects me every night gets used to my alarm clock waking it up so they or whatever IT is that I go into every night knows that it is going to be interrupted at this specific time; therfore it stops promptly at this specified time waking me up.

These are just speculations and may not be anything except me just lying awake at night thinking to much. But there is something going on here that is above all of "Our Understanding" ... by "Our Understanding" I mean the understanding that is taught in mass quantity in books by people in school.

I would really appreciate all the feedback that I can get from this Thread because that is the only way that this answer in my head will get solved.

Has anything peculiar ever happend in your sleep?
Examples:

You wake up sweating ... not because you are running a fever and you are sick.

You wake up maybe with bruising.

You remember vivid wierd dreams i.e. another "plane of existence" or maybe just where it was not so lucid and scary anything that might help.

Maybe the people that dream have stronger minds or memories.The thing or people that control this, erasing of your memory in your sleep have to use this method of dreaming on you guys/gals because your mind is strong. As we are evolving maybe they have to use other methods because we are gradually learning to use are "psyche", or whatever you wanna call it.

[edit on 10/28/2004 by bet555]

[edit on 28-10-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 28-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Like I said these are all just thoughts but, why am I thinking about this. I believe "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON." We as a "world" were not put here by accident. People have said we are "PUT" here but do they actually think about what they are saying ? Did someone actually put us here and if so for what reason ? Is this place we are in a climate controlled exhibit for some other thing or person ? Maybe the reason that we are here is just to be someone elses puppets and the reason that the puppet masters haven't showed themselves is because they can't or they don't want to. But my better half of me is telling me that they cannot show themselves to us. Because they are just what we label "SPIRITS" strange stuff happens around the world and this would explain alot of it. Then again maybe someone does know about this and they are trying to cover it up using mythological figures that do not or maybe did exist or maybe still do exist .... Example Vampires,Werewolfs, Unicorns,Golems, etc ... ... ...

If anyone knows anything about this or knows any information about thier sleeping or dreaming habits please post.

ALL INFORMATION IS VALUABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All my thinkers must be on break today ... Nygdan ... LadyV ... WHO ELSE ?? Justmytype amelia ... where you guys at ? I would really liek to get some feedback.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
People are so dismayed by this post ?? I did not know that my thinking was THAT far out there. I bet if I made a website put a couple cool GIF's and JPEG images there of some BS that I made up I bet people would be coming in here by the tons. But when someone is trying to think things out rationally then noone helps ... Please help .. I need to see other peoples views ... that is the only way that I can change mine.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't want to dismiss your experiment out of hand, but I think it needs a little more control to be valid. You'll need a bit more than just testimonials.

What exactly led to your hypothesis?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Bet555

I understand you are struggling with life at this point and that is ok. I also am aware of sleeping and awakening. I could actually put a bigger spin on it but I am afraid it would push you off the deep end.

Well actually, what the Hell, reality might be what you are in search of.

Think about Death... well now, think about being Dead. What occurs? What do you see? Exactly my point!!! You dont know. Yes, we are put here for a reason and when you figure that reason out I am almost certain you will die or actually awaken. Dreams can show alot if you are in tune to them, can they be controlled doubtful, are they your past history, probably, Why do you see them?> Probably to help you overcome something that has never been finished so you can move on..

Hey for what its worth... start living, stop worrying, You will eventually figure it out, but then again when you do you might not like what you see.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I dream every night, all night long and I remeber all my dreams... laos I am aware of my reality outside my dream periodically...

Over REMed

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
I don't want to dismiss your experiment out of hand, but I think it needs a little more control to be valid. You'll need a bit more than just testimonials.

What exactly led to your hypothesis?

I actually am able to control my dreams ... scene by scene frame by frame pausing doing whatever I want it is wild. It is not even real I mean I knwo it isn't real when I am in my dream almost as if I am thinking. I have to be thinking to do some of the things that I do. Like if someone throws something at me I will just make it stop and go bakck at them or whatever it maybe be I can fly, walk on water, run 50 MPH ... do whatever I want to or RATHER whatever I am thinking of I guess. And I was thinking some people do this some people don't my g/f thinks I am crazy. Not really ... but she doesn't understand how I control my dreams. She can't even control her thoughts while she is asleep. Why am I different than her ??? That is what we were talking about yesterday night before we were falling asleep. And we both were just talking and kinda came up with ... She doesn't remember her sleep I do not remember my sleep either but I remember everything that happens in that other dream world. So why can I not hear , remember things that go on in the world I am in. if I lay down close my eyes what is the difference between going to sleep can anyone tell ... is it your heart rate that goes up ... or when you get ro REM ... stage of sleep ... How do you know when you actually begin sleeping? And why can't you tell me exactly what time you fall asleep every night almost as if you can tell me the last thing you remember but you can't give me exact moment. YOUR MIND HAS TO BE SOME PLACE ELSE I THINK. That is where I get my hypothosis from I guess if our mind has to be some place else when wew are asleep what about our body ??? I know this physical thing you call a body stays in bed or whereever and if you were to be touched you would snap back from not being asleep but you will not feel totally awake for a little bit. Why is this? Why does it take time to wake up in the morning ??? Why can't I just get up and go ? I think it is because my physical body is exhausted and my mental body is just starting to work to go throughout this day. Maybe we exhaust our physical bodies at night and are mental bodies during the day. Not sure anyways ... Plese help me if you can ...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdsEyeView
I dream every night, all night long and I remeber all my dreams... laos I am aware of my reality outside my dream periodically...

Over REMed

You are aware of your reality outside the dream everyonce in a while ???
That is amazing I cannot do that I will know I am in a dream and I will not be able to stop dreaming untill around 7:00 in the morning ... I cannot simply tel it to stop I can tell it what to do ... but I cannot tell it to stop ... justmythoughts ... It is kinda funny ... my g/f says that exact thing ... "U R NUTS" LoL ... but I can control my dreams it is wierd. I mean I can control them I can think of anything and it wil happen ... I have neevr thought of this before untill just now and this may help you guys ... When you guys dream what perspective do you dream in I dream in 3rd person omnimpotent .. or somethign liek that .. I know everything that is going on I control most everything in my mind.

Stop worrying and start living ... I am living how can I live when I do not knwo exactly what I am living ? or LIVING FOR !!! for that matter ...

What are you living for justmytype ? Why are you living ... Why can you do something that you do ??? I used to do stuff b/c it was logical then I went through a stage that I did stuff b/c it felt good ... kinda still in that stage but ... gradually I am growing out of that stage into a stage that tells me do this because in the end that is what you are here for. Such as my g/f got hit by a trailer yesterday when we were trying to scare some kids on a Hay ride. It was qutie funny after my heart stopped beating 500 MPH. But anyhow today I went hoem cleaned up alittle around the house , I did that so she woudln't have to why did b/c I thoguht of her way ahead of time ... but ... Is that what I am living for that is alittle of it ... What is this part about ... Sleep is a funny thing the night before christmas you go to sleep, but it is always so hard especially when you were a kid and were waiting on Santa ... But you always had your alarm clock set for like 3:30 am so you could get up before anyone and run to the living room and see if he had come yet. Why is it that whenever you went to sleep it felt like a mere 5 seconds then you are awake again. ???? Maybe someone is taking you away ... or maybe we have some kinda device in are head that goes somewhere else .. when we go to sleep any how what ever it is I want to figure it out ... So HELP !!! ttyl .. peace

[edit on 10/28/2004 by bet555]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hmmm...this topic reminds me of the book Insomnia by Stephen King...

The main character suffered from insomnia and started hallucinating from lack of sleep. Soon he discovers that these images and illusions he is seeing are real, and are in fact glimpses in other dimensions.

Even though the book is fiction I think you would find it interesting and worth reading if you haven't read it already.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

The main character suffered from insomnia and started hallucinating from lack of sleep. Soon he discovers that these images and illusions he is seeing are real, and are in fact glimpses in other dimensions.

Even though the book is fiction I think you would find it interesting and worth reading if you haven't read it already.

I have not read that book ... or any books lol ... I have never read an entire book in my life. Shoot, lol the only book I have read any of is like the Scarlett Letter when we had to read it out loud during class in high school. ... but other then that I am a slow reader. So ... I do not do much reading. Although I woudl love to one day.Thanks for the information though will definately pick up the Cliff notes . ....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've read that using certain natural plants can allow one to experience things that are beyond the normal. Well, I have dreams when I sleep and I remember some of them. After I awake from those vivid dreams I usually say,"That seemed so real!" This then leads me to speculate on what reality is, and I have pondered what the difference is between what we call the real world and the dream world.

Those dreams that are vivid usually carry some kind of message that I can decipher, maybe they are prophetic, who really knows but the experiencer.

I think, Bet555, that what you are referring to is occult. The hidden or that which is beyond our normal perceptions. I think that there are people in this world who are aware of this type of knowledge and they use it for their own selfish and greedy ends. How often is it that mainstream science will teach us about spirits, ghosts, aliens, hyperdimensional realities, time travel, psychic abilities, etc.? None. It is not part of the education system for our society. We are rarely, if at all, taught about invisible relationships between what we think is separate existences. We are taught that we are separate from others, our natural environment. The reality of this is that we are connected and interconnected. We have access to existences beyond our normal perception. Do you know the 100th monkey syndrome? If enough people know/experience/learn something, it becomes available to the rest of the species--it is like we are able to tap into some kind of dimension that holds information.

Take a look at what the major corporations and Hollywood do. They are making films, commercials, etc. that incorporate themes that deal with occult, paranormal ideas etc. Those in positions of power on Earth, those families that go back to the beginning of our civilizations know and possess this knowledge of the hidden. Most of the time it is being used for evil ends, to keep the rest in the dark and under control. Think of the all the satanic ritual abuse, summoning the dark side, bizarre rituals in secret societies. Secret societies that go back millenia are in possession of this knowledge they use in movies, commercials etc. Subliminal advertising. For example, you have movies about evil entities coming from another dimension, aliens, etc. All that is being shoved in our society to make it look like it isn't real,"because it's just a movie" syndrome. The occult is real, there are secret societies that call upon the dark forces.

Dreams can be an experience to the hidden, to our knowing that there is more to what we are being taught. Reality is never what it seems to be. If dreams/hallucinations cause one to question reality, that reality which is shoved down our throats by the Officials, then that is a good start. Everthing begins with questioning your reality.

One of my latest vivid dreams: I was with my friend gazing at the skies when I noticed star-like objects moving around in erratical motions. I kept watching when they came closer and I noticed they were shaped like little space ships. I was in amazement at what I was experiencing. As they came closer, two of them, they came down and transformed/shifted into two birds and landed on a tree. That was an awesome experience. To see these two ships change into birds and land on a tree. Talk about shattering reality. This was real, then I woke up. Then it was just a dream. Did it matter if it was just a dream? No, it was an experience that taught me something.

There is something, some type of knowledge that is not taught in our schools. That knowledge must be found out by ourselves because Officialdom does not venture to teach about anything dealing with Occult. There are sources out there who are trying to teach it, David Icke has progressed immensely on this path. He knows more than the average Joe about what reality is.

There is more to reality.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That is the most amazing post I have ever read. Finally someone gives me information that is relevant. Dreams are to teach you almost as if you can't be taught some of these things in life but only in a dream. As Flying I have felt the feeling of flying it is awesome that is why I want to do it for REAL. but FOR REAL I have already had the feeling so would it feel the same when I dream about a roller coaster it feels the same as when I get on one. So does this mean that everything will be the same in my dreams ... no not really because I have dreamed abotu stupid stuff like boxing and I would get hit and it would hurt but then I would just change and not let myself get hit anymore. When I got hit in my dream I am thinking that my view changed from 1st person to 3rd person almost as on contact and then I began controlling my dreams ... I bet none of you can control your dreams in 1st person. I bet all the Lucid dreamers we have dream in 3rd person .... Just a hunch ... b/c I only dream in 3rd person most of the time. Rare occasions do I dream in first person.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My biggest stretch of time without sleep was about 7 days. I recall feeling drunk or drugged but did neither. I had lapses of time (blackouts) where my friends would tell me things I did whereas I had no recollection of them. My motivator was fear which jumped my nerves and heart whenever I started to doze. I hear it's extremely unhealthy and would not recommend it.

Dreams - I recall some. I've detailed some dreams better than real life. I've had no control over them though attempted. I controlled my actions subconciously but the environment reacted accordingly. I've woken up sweating before, kicking, bruised, and/or jumping.

One time that I jumped up (someone came into the room for a practical joke) with my nose bleeding, punched a guy in the stomach then looked confused saying "what?" The dream I had was that I was being attacked but I don't actually recall doing any of it.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When people dont sleep they hallicunate because their brain is working at half of its capacity and more in certain areas than others. This is why you need sleep.... If you were aware of whats going on around you when you were sleeping..it wouldnt be sleep....thus you would never rest....you're mind and body need to rest.. I've controlled my dreams every once in awhile, its really fun.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This by far is one of the most amazing threads I have ever read in my life. Immortal that was a great post and I like how you think. Lately I have also been questioning many things and for some reason I enjoy watching my other classmates talk and what they talk about just to see what they say/how they think. I think I am different from alot of other students at my school because it seems like I'm the only one that's sitting around wondering what the hell is going on and such. I also believe immortal when he says that it is the occult and they know more than us. Have you ever asked anyone else about anything paranormal? What was their response? Its almost like mass brainwashing saying that this idea is absurd or crazy. I tried explaining to many people at my school about lucid dreaming, astral projection, etc and they think you are crazy or lieing for attention. It's hard for them to accept things out of the ordinary because they were taught by parents/teachers that it's lies, imagination, etc. Sometimes when your talking to another person alone seriously they will have an open mind but once it reaches groups of people it's not to be taken seriously which made me wonder " Why do people choose to believe others just because the majority of everyone doesn't believe it?" And I think Immortal nailed it when he said "its just a movie syndrome." Movies are made so far out with paranormal that when a certain individual begins to question things out of the ordinary and they are told " its just a movie." I believe there is mass brainwash or something here because if you believe in these things or question them you are an outcast. I have had lucid dreams myself and I've tryed explaining it to my friends and they don't believe me even if I put the evidence right in front of their eyes. I've explained to my aunt and other older people and they will verify this is real now I dont know if they know this because of their age and has had expierence or it's just our generation of kids that are brainwashed and told different. I also believe I am here for a purpose and I don't know what it is but I believe that I have to find out on my own by questioning and reasoning things. As for my dreams, every dream I've had that is scary it becomes lucid and I tell myself "ok this is just a dream wake up" and sure enough I awaken in my bed. I don't if this is possible or if anyone believes it but sometimes if I need to be up at a certain time right before I fall asleep I look at the clock and note the time and tell myself that I will wake up at ex: 7:00. And sure enough while I move around half asleep half awake I suddenly remember "I have to be up at 7:00!" And I jump up look at the clock and its exactly 7:00. I find this very weird and I don't know how its possible my mind could keep track of time as I sleep. I have many questions a day that I ask myself most will never be answered in my lifetime but I choose to search for them anyways thinking for some odd reason I will find out but when I do it will be well worth it.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
IMHO,
Sleep and waking states are two different ways we have of processing the unchewable bulk of reality we get served up at a constant rate.

FACT: cats sleep more than 12 hours a day [in several stretches] and when they are awake can be extremely focused and "rational" hunters. They can kill rodents and relate to humansm, and god knows what else pleases their blessed little souls. But what are they doing the majority of the time while they appear to be asleep?!

I have little understanding of folks who cannot remember their dreams, or who experience no sense of time while asleep. Other than when ill or under the influence of PRESCRIPTION drugs [!!!], I generally know about what time it is when I wake up, and I remember at least those of my dreams that have visual/spacial /verbal components that can be deciphered by the awake mind.

Some stray elements you might relate to:

I have had many dreams in several distinct locations --cities and surrounding areas, that have a substantially objective existence in my dream state --even years apart-- but which do not really resemble any localities experienced by me while awake.

I have also had recurring dreams over several years of locations that do exist in waking life, but they are radically changed in some aspect that may well be due to my subconscious emotional impressions of these cities or localities. In some cases they appear to be known cities as they will be in the future, but when rationally reviewed in the waking state, those "futures" do not seem very likely according to present trends. For example, the presence of white pyramids in the centre of cities as civic/governing/religious focal points.

Last, for now, there are times when I am in a position of teaching people in the dream world about the possibility of mental control of reality. I guess you might refer to this as a "lucid" type dream with a meta-twist. Are there really souls I am interacting with in a dreaming state, teaching them how to control their dreams??

As far as sleep deprivation, it is a fact that it will lead to psychic breakdown. The most I've gone is about 3 days without, and I was seriously escrued up in my emotions as well as my rationality. Experiments done with cats [again, cats!] show sleep deprivation as leading to functional insanity.

In summary, it seems to me we are functioning with different parts of our minds in sleep and while awake. Both seem to be necessary, and both seem to have a quality of objective reality and a quality of emotionally-coloured perception.

Hope this is useful/of interest to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think I did not really address a lot of your points bet555, and I'm not sure I could. But I'd like to suggest a few tools to assist in controlling --or maybe "understanding," or "contacting" would be better terms-- your dream life.

1] You are larger and deeper and older than you realize. Respectfully approach your "inner self" and ask permission for a closer co-ooperation.. Then do something positive to relax and please your physical & emotional self before bed. Take time to relax. Mentally going through an autohypnosis routine of relaxing every part of your body is good.
2] Breath slowly & deeply, imagining the breath entering and exiting through a gateway between and just above your eyebrows. Every ten breaths or so, repeat "deep sleep, peaceful sleep, pleasant dreams." I realize this is an over-simplistic formula, but "KISS" --the inner self of most people seems to like it.
3] Before you fall asleep, repeat a few times "I value my dream life enough to remember it."

This is a really brief version, but the point is that if you make specific steps to bridge the gap between waking and sleeping consciousness, all sorts of useful things will start to happen. Were we in geographical proximity, I would suggest you make an appointment for two or three hypnosis sessions geared toward giving you more dialog between your waking and dreaming selves. Perhaps a reputable hypnotist near you could design a routine for you if you explained some of your objectives in this area.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

That is the most amazing post I have ever read. Finally someone gives me information that is relevant. Dreams are to teach you almost as if you can't be taught some of these things in life but only in a dream. As Flying I have felt the feeling of flying it is awesome that is why I want to do it for REAL. but FOR REAL I have already had the feeling so would it feel the same when I dream about a roller coaster it feels the same as when I get on one. So does this mean that everything will be the same in my dreams ... no not really because I have dreamed abotu stupid stuff like boxing and I would get hit and it would hurt but then I would just change and not let myself get hit anymore. When I got hit in my dream I am thinking that my view changed from 1st person to 3rd person almost as on contact and then I began controlling my dreams ... I bet none of you can control your dreams in 1st person. I bet all the Lucid dreamers we have dream in 3rd person .... Just a hunch ... b/c I only dream in 3rd person most of the time. Rare occasions do I dream in first person.

Actually, I lucid dream in first person, but have very limited control. I can't stop time, but I can influence certain aspects of proceeding scenarios. For example, since time has a consistent pace, it's hard to manipulate every single aspect of time and space as it elapses every billionth of a second. My manipulation procedure is induced by impulse, and always results in incompletion. Experiences in your dream, like riding a rollercoaster as you mentioned, are surreal in comparison to the same experiences you've had in real life because your brain stores the sensory information during the experience, which it recalls back whenever it is reproduced.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
When I had heart failure in 2000 I didn't get more than 3 - 4 hours sleep a night for a month and a half. I couldn't sleep normally at all but managed to get a few hours in a chair. I didn't hallucinate or anything like that but I was like a walking corpse. Not a nice experience at all.

Originally posted by Lecky

I'm actually half way through it right now. Those little bald doctors are spooky buggers I have to say

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join