It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI and CIA Authenticate Terror threat tape!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dont know wether this should be submitted as an ATSNN post so il post it here.

CIA, FBI AUTHENTICATE NEW QAEDA TERROR TAPE; ABCNEWS EXECUTIVES CONSIDER POLITICAL IMPLICATIONS OF AIRING

**Exclusive**

U.S. Intelligence Officials tell Drudge: The CIA and FBI late Wednesday authenticated a disturbing new al Qaeda videotape which warns the next terror attack will dwarf 9/11.

"The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead, a man claims on the video.

Further claims on the video: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend. The network has withheld airing it, initially citing concerns over its authenticity.

One senior federal official alleged ABCNEWS is now holding back from broadcasting any portion of the video out of fear it will be seen as a political move by the network during election week.

One ABC source, who demanded anonymity, said Thursday morning, the network was struggling to finding the correct journalistic "balance."

"This is not something you just throw out there while people are voting," the ABC source explained.

MORE

The terrorist's face is concealed by a headdress, and he speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual.

The tape appears to be from al-Qaeda's media liaison organization. It has a banner crediting the Sahab Production Committee. The speaker refers to Bin Ladin and Zawahiri as "our leaders" and praises the 11 September attacks.

Intelligence Officials tell DRUDGE:

Videotape message likely produced in late summer '04 due to references to current events such as the 9/11 Commission.

Individual is college educated, either American born or raised in the U.S.

The U.S. is actively seeking to identify the individual. Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman of Southern California - remains the chief candidate but another still unknown individual may be possible.

US intelligence officials say the danger is that if this individual is an American citizen, he will be immersed in the culture and customs and have the ability to travel in America freely and unnoticed.

Developing...

This has just been updated on Druge Report.

It says ABC news has said:

"EXECUTIVES CONSIDER POLITICAL IMPLICATIONS OF AIRING"

drudgereport.com...

And yesterday they said and i quote..

"ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election"

drudgereport.com...

Why deny holding it back then say the next day when it has been confirmed that they have to consider releasing it?

[edit on 28-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
FYI - it's already been posted as an ATSNN article and a regular thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
How can a news station, or anyone/thing for that matter, "hold the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election" How is that even legal!?

link   
This is updated info... not what broke some 48 hours ago

The Fbi And CIA are now definately convinced this a legitimate article.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Reuters also reporting this.

Reuters Report

And yes elevatedone i posted it in here and on the abc atssn thread i didnt know wether this should have been posted as a new ATSNN article, i think it should have been but no one has done it yet.

And LadyV you have very good point, the public needs to know this, "if" a terror attack was likely in the next few days and it did happen then it would not be fair on any citizens to have not been told this, they should have at least the chance to get out of their city, this is a perfect example of media/cia/fbi holding back information.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is this all the info avaliable? So all we know is somebody wants to do us great harm. Isnt this what we have known since 9/11? Its scary that this tape was released, but Im not going to stress about it untill we have some solid info. When, where, and what, then Ill start stocking up on my toilet paper.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Is this all the info avaliable? So all we know is somebody wants to do us great harm. Isnt this what we have known since 9/11? Its scary that this tape was released, but Im not going to stress about it untill we have some solid info. When, where, and what, then Ill start stocking up on my toilet paper.

I doubt very much that we are going to be told when where and what.

Stock up on duct tape, food and water, dont go outside for a few weeks and drink plenty of alcohol to keep you happy!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, Stock up on duct tape, food and water, but no alcohol here at all....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ill take the food, water, and ductape, but Im not much of a drinker
Il be bringing plenty of C2 though. C2 and balogna sandwiches for three weeks! Oh, and my laptop so I can still log on to ATS and make sure my buddies are OK

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
someone at ABC leaked to Drudge who brought it to national attention the past few days.

todays current status will open the flood gates to the national media to reporting on it.

but something is really sitting on me w/ this tape...

it does seem a bit over the top for Al Quada...
they haven't typically gone far out in broadcasting thier attacks...ie: most recently in Sinnai attacks. Madrid & 9/11 & Cole.

and i can't understand why they would change NOW...

very curious

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey one of the perks of being an internet freak and an addicted ats user is that we know some news before it gets released to the public

So iv just told all my loved ones that if they know anyone whos going to america within the next few weeks...DONT!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ptab01
someone at ABC leaked to Drudge who brought it to national attention the past few days.

todays current status will open the flood gates to the national media to reporting on it.

but something is really sitting on me w/ this tape...

it does seem a bit over the top for Al Quada...
they haven't typically gone far out in broadcasting thier attacks...ie: most recently in Sinnai attacks. Madrid & 9/11 & Cole.

and i can't understand why they would change NOW...

very curious

Thats the point, there have been warnings before 9/11 of an attack and as you can see form this story ABC doesnt want to report this to the public, so imagine what the CIA/FBI do when they get some good inteligence of an attack, they wouldnt exactly be rushing to release any information,and i understand why to a certain extent because what if the information they got was not 100% correct.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Awww, C'mon MJ, we have the best bomb shelters money can buy here
They will be safe enough
Lets not ruin our booming inernational tourism economy we have going

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The terrorist's face is concealed by a headdress, and he speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual.

The Bush campaign team is a likely start....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Bush campaign team is a likely start....

With the way this has been presented, Im starting to lean this way myself. I wonder if thats Bush himself under the Headdress and glasses?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Thats the point, there have been warnings before 9/11 of an attack and as you can see form this story ABC doesnt want to report this to the public, so imagine what the CIA/FBI do when they get some good inteligence of an attack, they wouldnt exactly be rushing to release any information,and i understand why to a certain extent because what if the information they got was not 100% correct.

the information prior to each event was non specific - more general in nature warning of eventual stife...

this seems to be very dramatic... almost over the top... to capitalize it's fear factor.

that is by nature the essence of Terrorism.

I am not saying it is not a real threat - but it is a curious change in tactics

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
```

actually, i think that is what the color code WARNINGS do...

is alert the public! So, your not as 'in-the-gunsight-unawares'

as you seem to imply!........whats a news service to do? hold your hand.

instant-to-instant threat alerts, from any real or fictious sources,
would 'fall-on-deaf-ears'...and then someone would complain that
the relative probability was not emphasized LOUD OR OFTEN ENOUGH !

there is a point of diminishing returns....yes/no ?

+

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
```

actually, i think that is what the color code WARNINGS do...

is alert the public! So, your not as 'in-the-gunsight-unawares'

as you seem to imply!........whats a news service to do? hold your hand.

instant-to-instant threat alerts, from any real or fictious sources,
would 'fall-on-deaf-ears'...and then someone would complain that
the relative probability was not emphasized LOUD OR OFTEN ENOUGH !

there is a point of diminishing returns....yes/no ?

+

This threat is a real source, the FBI and CIA have confirmed it, i understand why they havent decided wether to release this tape, but what they could do is release an edited tape as to not influence any voting, ie they could take the bit out about Pres. Bush and anything else that refers to the elections.

In the 75 minute tape they CIA/FBI have mentioned that this tape was created in summer because they mentioned the 9/11 commision and other events that were happening in the summer, so this tape is quite old which also could mean AL-Q could have waited until nearer the election time to see who has the best chances of being elected and with all the fuss about they are 50/50 at the moment or bush will likely to win, they thought its time to send out this tape.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
or, more ominously, the release of the tape (on TV) will activate the sleeper cells in the US.

I am very troubled by this video. Perhaps it should not be aired.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
>>>>>>>>>>>>>yawn

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join