It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEXICO TO LAUNCH NEW AGENCY MODELED ON CIA TO FIGHT DRUG CARTELS?Will the US now be in Mexico?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
REPORT: MEXICO TO LAUNCH NEW AGENCY MODELED ON CIA TO FIGHT DRUG CARTELS
www.worldcrunch.com... c1s10663/?#.UPzD-CfBHD4

MEXICO CITY - It is being hailed as the first-ever Mexican counterpart to the CIA. But for this new “superministry” of government, established secretly over the past few weeks by just-installed President Enrique Peña Nieto, the main targets are the powerful and bloody organized crime networks that control the vast drug trade. The objective of the National Intelligence Center (CNI) is to gather all the information generated by every Mexican governmental body linked to security and law enforcement. The project has been in planning stages since Peña Nieto’s campaign for the presidency began last year, but details have only now been revealed by Mexican news magazine Proceso. Government officials who spoke anonymously with Proceso say they fear the Mexican Government lacks the necessary knowledge to face a task of this magnitude. Indeed several U.S. government agencies had tried to make something similar happen in Mexico under the last administration of President Felipe Calderon.

According to the sources, Peña Nieto’s aim is to emulate the intelligence operations, tactics and spy activities of the CIA, which centralizes relevant information in one single entity. According to Santiago-based America Economia, another task that will be handled by the CNI will be to take over all the missing people cases related to organized crime. Peña Nieto is hoping to maintain one of his central electoral promises of slowly demilitarizing the fight against organized crime undertaken by Calderon. The CNI will help, for example, in the studying of different options and scenarios before launching any type of operative against a certain cartel, drug trafficker or element of organized crime. According to Proceso, shortly after being elected, Peña Nieto asked Miguel Angel Osorio Chong, who he later named Interior Minister, to hire U.S. consulting agencies specialized in intelligence and security to help build the new agency, which should be officially inaugurated later this year.

So Mexico is going to build a CIA style agency to fight drug lords. That does not sound bad at first. But then when you realize that the CIA is full of foreigners you then have to wonder is this new agency just the US operating in Mexico with a official title now? The US has been pushing for it for years? Mexico has hired US consultants? I would say yes the US government is now officially in Mexico fighting the war on drugs. No more cloak and dagger. At least on the Mexico side. Now when will the US come out and say it? Maybe after someone dies? Or when drug lords start to fight in the US because it is no longer a safe haven because the US crossed the border opening both sides for a war?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about the Brownsville house that had multiple bombs in it. Only one exploded and the family will not talk?

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Drug Cartel Connection Not Ruled Out in Brownsville Mail Bomb

Six people hospitalized including 5 year old that some reports say opened the package only 1 explosive detonated, the family is not cooperating with police.

in another story I am looking for details on the 3 kidnappings in Cameron County tied to the Mexican Cartels, please send me any links you may have seen.

Seems the war is coming to the US.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's the flaw in your logic: "But then when you realize that the CIA is full of foreigners"

No, it's not, and I have no idea how you came up with that. It's composed entirely of US citizens.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Modeling an agency after the CIA wouldnt make any sense if you were trying to STOP the flow of incoming drugs to your nation, it would just exponentially exacerbate the problem!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Short of bringing the army in to systematically wipe out each cartel and everyone involved, nothing can be done to stop the drug trade. These cartels will either pay off the agents or slaughter them. There’s no way a sane, rational human being would involve themselves in the Mexican and South American drug trades on either of the fence. They’re just so unbelievably brutal, ruthless and merciless.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.borderlandbeat.com...

Pentagon bolsters US training in Mexico's drug fight

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon is stepping up aid for Mexico's bloody drug war with a new U.S.-based special operations headquarters to teach Mexican security forces how to hunt drug cartels the same way special operations teams hunt al-Qaida, according to documents and interviews with multiple U.S. officials.

Such assistance could help newly elected Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto establish a military force to focus on drug criminal networks that have terrorized Mexico's northern states and threatened the Southwest U.S. border.

Based at the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado, Special Operations Command-North will build on a commando program that has brought Mexican military, intelligence and law enforcement officials to study U.S. counterterrorist operations from the U.S. to war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, to show them how special forces troops built an interagency network to target al-Qaida mastermind Osama bin Laden and his followers. The special operations team within Northcom will be turned into a new headquarters, led by a general instead of a colonel, and was established in a Dec. 31 memo signed by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. That move gives the group more autonomy, and the number of people could eventually triple from 30 to 150, meaning the headquarters could expand its training missions with Mexican personnel, even though no new money is being assigned to the mission.The special operations program has already helped Mexican officials set up their own intelligence center in Mexico City to target criminal networks, patterned after similar centers in war zones built to target al-Qaida in Afghanistan and Iraq, two current U.S. officials said.

Mexican military, intelligence and law enforcement chiefs have already toured the Joint Special Operations Command headquarters at Fort Bragg in North Carolina to see how U.S. officers coordinate efforts by special operations aircraft, naval vessels and air- and sea-based raiders, according to one current military official. A small group of top Mexican military and intelligence officials also visited the command's targeting center at the Balad air base in Iraq before the U.S. troop withdrawal there in 2011, a former U.S. official said. U.S. officials stress that sharing this expertise does not mean U.S. special operations teams will be conducting raids against targets in Mexico, nor will they be entering the country with their own weapons. Mexico forbids U.S. military or law enforcement officers to carry guns inside their borders, with few exceptions, though American commandos have conducted training missions in the past, two current and one former U.S. military official said. They were speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss such sensitive missions.

I don't believe them. This means the US is in Mexico and Mexico is giving official but deniable permission. The same way the US CIA works.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Hilarious considering the CIA are assisting the cartels, so they can take a piece of the pie.

The CIA have a major hand in worldwide drug operations. It funds their black ops and secret weapons tech.

Either the Mexican government are trying to get a piece of the pie too or the CIA are trying to gain a stronger foothold within Mexico.

There is no good in any of this. Just Money-grubbing criminals with no morals.
edit on 20-1-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

to answer your title ..

CIA has BEEN in mexico LOL.. like for decades..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

I bet this guy would.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm always reading conspiracy theories about Obama sending US troops into Mexico when it eventually descends into anarchy to kill all the cartels as they pose a direct threat to American national security, however the US government created the drug war, n the CIA made it possible for Americans to have so much access to coke and crack...so I don't see the US interfering with Mexican drug cartels unless it SERIOUSLY out of hand (by the way a female mayor of a major Mexican city being kidnapped in front of her daughter in broad freakin daylight and being decapitated apparently doesn't count as out of hand)...if that # happened in the US the American ppl would be demanding someone to be blown up by drones n #, no doubt about it!
edit on 20-1-2013 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the CIA has been in Mexico since the 80's

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Exactly, they ARE looking to remove cartels and drug dealers so they can take control themselves!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Here's the flaw in your logic: "But then when you realize that the CIA is full of foreigners"

No, it's not, and I have no idea how you came up with that. It's composed entirely of US citizens.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

You must not know much about the CIA? They use foreigners for everything. They might have a US citizen handler. The foreigners might get US citizenship afterwards given to them after they have done there job. But they are foreigners. Just take the Iraqi social club building IEDS for drug cartels in Mexico. Were they doing this in Iraq? No they were doing it in California. Why were they in California? Because they worked with the CIA and military on intelligence mission and then were given a free ride to the US and citizenship.

www.cnn.com...

Police say that an Iraqi social club in El Cajon, California, was a hotbed of criminal activity Drugs, firearms and improvised explosive devices were bought, a police chief says Authorities also say they say evidence of gambling and prostitution on site (CNN) -- Sixty people are under arrest for their role in a Southern California crime alliance between members of an Iraqi social club and a Mexican drug cartel that involved the illicit sale of drugs, guns and bombs, police said Thursday.

You bring them to the US and what do they do? The same thing they did in Iraq. Build IEDS and sell them to make a living.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by JBA2848

Modeling an agency after the CIA wouldnt make any sense if you were trying to STOP the flow of incoming drugs to your nation, it would just exponentially exacerbate the problem!

Spy vs. Spy. Should be interesting if the Mexicans get some headway and independence.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The war is truly a game. Its used to hook up the ones working for the cia. To take out the ones not working for them. Its kindof crazy realy. To think of this in the right light. You will find alot of the ones not working for them have beens scrwed by the cia. Its hard to chose sides. Best to not want to be involved at all truly. Safes route. When tptp showes up you just know someones getting [SNIP].
PS. Every time i have met with the feds bad life based crap has happened to me. If i see them again. For sure as [SNIP] will i walk away going wtf man. Man o man whats going to happen to me now [SNIP]
yea come to think of it i would defintly have an anxiety attack after they left
edit on 20-1-2013 by pathwalker777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by pathwalker777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
And this is a Mexico version of the CIA not the US CIA. Mexico will pick and choose there own mercenary force to work there. Black Water was down there for a while. And I know for a fact our US Marines were in Mexico last year doing operations. And not just at the military base in Mexico that has been given to US troops to use for hit and run operations in Mexico.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The United States is expanding its role in Mexico’s bloody fight against drug trafficking organizations, sending new C.I.A. operatives and retired military personnel to the country and considering plans to deploy private security contractors in hopes of turning around a multibillion-dollar effort that so far has shown few results.

In recent weeks, small numbers of C.I.A. operatives and American civilian military employees have been posted at a Mexican military base, where, for the first time, security officials from both countries work side by side in collecting information about drug cartels and helping plan operations. Officials are also looking into embedding a team of American contractors inside a specially vetted Mexican counternarcotics police unit.

Officials on both sides of the border say the new efforts have been devised to get around Mexican laws that prohibit foreign military and police from operating on its soil, and to prevent advanced American surveillance technology from falling under the control of Mexican security agencies with long histories of corruption.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

I bet this guy would.

But he actually looks insane. Those eyes are disturbed.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Truly to do the things i have seen i would an do think of them as insane

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
so they are sending in models to clean up Mexico?

that is a good idea... women could deceive the drug cartels and kill them... so CIA are gonna need some good looking tall females (model material) assassins.

that counts me out lol

edit on 21/1/2013 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GokuVsSuperman0
... however the US government created the drug war, n the CIA made it possible for Americans to have so much access to coke and crack...so I don't see the US interfering with Mexican drug cartels unless it SERIOUSLY out of hand (by the way a female mayor of a major Mexican city being kidnapped in front of her daughter in broad freakin daylight and being decapitated apparently doesn't count as out of hand)...

She was a "mayor" of a rather small municipality out in the backwoods. From what I hear, she was actively conducting government drug war policy that was weakening the local group and opening the door for the CIA-sponsored Zeta cartel to enter her area and gain control. It is bad enough having local groups conducting local crime in a region, but opening up an area to huge factions with an international drug trafficking agenda is unconscionable, as is this whole government-supported scam. Some perspective is needed to understand this struggle.

The altruistic veneer of this anti-drug campaign is deceptive. Understanding that this whole effort is not about stopping drug traffic but controlling it and who gets to profit from it helps to see this for what it really is about. This is just another "forever war" which purpose is to generate huge profits. These substances on an open and unrestricted market would be relatively worthless. Prohibition policy is needed to inflate their value and the drug war is in-place to ensure the money continues flowing and who get to pocket it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join