It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all you Fallout fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have just seen some news that there may be a Fallout Tv show in the works

A recent Bethesda trademark suggests a TV show based on Fallout could be on the way. According to an application filed on January 8th, Bethesda is seeking a trademark for “an on-going television program set in a post-nuclear apocalyptic world.” The trademark adds a bit of context to a recent tease from Fallout 3 voice actor Erik Todd Dellums, who wrote “to all my Fallout 3 and Three Dog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!” At the time, many assumed Dellums was referring to a new game in the Fallout franchise, but it now appears that the actor may have been referring to the show instead.

Source - IGN

If this is true i am so excited for this as i love the fallout games.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Snoopie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Could be pretty good, when the hint was made I though it was going to be fallout 4...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

You never know could be another one. I hope there is i love fallout played 3 and new vegas to death.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

I hope Bethesda step it up, improve the engine and add new features though, they didn't really do that with Skyrim. I expect they'll make another one since the TV show will undoubtedly attract new fans.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How awesome was it to detonate the A-bomb in Megaton City?

One of my favourite moments

edit on 20-1-2013 by LeLeu because: oops :s

edit on 20-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
How awesome was it to detonate the A-bomb in Megaton City?

One of my favourite moments

edit on 20-1-2013 by LeLeu because: oops :s

edit on 20-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

Lol i regretted doing it though after a while because megaton had good shops and people, But it was fun at the time lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yea I have to agree with the above that I hoped you where going to tell me some Fallout 4 news.
But a tv show sounds great to. Looking forward to it.

Don't know if they can really get the spirit of fallout though specially for me as what I loved the most about the game was the unforeseen consequences of choices you make and having choices you didn't know you had.

For example when an npc gives you options A,B,C and D and even thou that's already more choices than in most games you have something else in mind and do something totally different thinking you tricked the system (and sometimes afraid you might harm the experience down the road) and it turns out that even that was actually a viable choice and brings you places you never thought you'd go.

Oh and not to forget, looting sporks and cups.. If it only had any use.. Ah, who cares? I'm grabbing all the sporks, cups, crouches, tweezers and butter knifes I can find.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
They released New Vegas only like one or two years ago. Don't expect Fallout 4 any time soon.

I would rather this show to be honest. It can be made much more quickly and the Fallout world is perfect for a show. It's one of those games which is enjoying even to watch it being played. Imagine if they go all out on the scene settings, the show could be intense and gripping and they wont have to put a whole lot of effort into originality because it's all right there in the game. If they can recreate that world and the dark gritty atmosphere of it, with all the looting, trading, and atomic sci-fi action, this show has the potential to be better than The Walking Dead.
edit on 20/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
im looking forward to Fallout 4. And if bethesda was really creative a mmorg with the entire american, canadian, and mexican countries as the land area. and have it start fresh with people just coming out of the vaults and they have to build from scratch everything just like in the game. have it designed so we could build a community anywhere, go anywhere, fight the muties, scorps, the whole nine yards. it would be based entirely on what the players wanted to do with complete free movement all over the map. which would include hidden abandoned vaults we would have to find on our own. no hints clues or anything. it would be a wonderful thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yeah, the guy who voiced Three Dog from Fallout 3 had tweeted about being asked to possibly reprise his role. This was a few weeks ago. Not so sure about a show...

check out "Nuka Break" on youtube to see a fan made show. Decent if you are a fallout fan.

top topics

join