It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exctracted infinites remain infinity. Important metaphysical thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It's not that the mind assumes there is more than one thing, it's that it creates more than one thing. And we are also created by a greater creator- a greater version of the self that we know.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wiki "Mugen is a word of Japanese origin, meaning dream, fantasy (夢幻), or infinite (無限)"

Wiki "Infinity (symbol: ∞) refers to something without any limit, and is a concept relevant in a number of fields, predominantly mathematics and physics. The English word infinity derives from Latin infinitas, which can be translated as "unboundedness", itself derived from the Greek word apeiros, meaning "endless"."

I developed a liking to the name Mugen before I knew it was defined as infinite. I can't help but think there is some reasoning behind the fact.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Infinity is too much. I like small cozy spaces.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

It's not that the mind assumes there is more than one thing, it's that it creates more than one thing. And we are also created by a greater creator- a greater version of the self that we know.

The mind does not create anything - it imagines.
This image that is here now that is made of light is the true image (god given).
And the mind imagines 'more', it assumes 'more'. The mind imagines another time and another space.
Really there is only presence.
Out of this presence a whole world is imagined (not created).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Semantics.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

Conceptualize infinity. Even if it's not real. See it as an indivisible whole that can't be quantified. Infinity would be so infinite that no matter where you are in it, you will be in the center. (like space and time). Everything would be everything and anything.

Now apply the concept of infinity to known infinite things. Space and time to name a couple. Infinity is so unquantifiable that even if you were to be attempt to divide it, you would still have an infinite. But you could have the delusion of finite.

Quantum physics has proven that whatever exists as physical is quantized - which means that it can be ultimately quantifiable - even if we can't accomplish it. There is a defined limit concerning how much can be taken from - divided out of - that which exists as physical. This limit describes the quantum of whatever it is that's being divided or taken from. This has been proven again and again to be true, even concerning less concrete quantities like action and distance, which strongly suggests that time, itself, is quantized - allowing the perception of stasis as existent within a hyper-dynamic contextual environment such as the one that we all share.

Seriously. Why do you think it is that you can't perceive the hyper-kinetic transformation that is occurring all around you from instant to instant as you gaze at the wall or look at the keyboard of your computer. This is because your brain and your mind exist, perceive, and process that perception at a sympathetic rate of change (in relative sync) with all the change that occurs at the sub-structure level within this full reality confine. Just as it is with all of us who share this reality confine with you. We see the larger, slower impacts of all that relentless change - reassembly and readjustment of the countless levels of holon structure that comprise what we all know to be real and palpable - but the primordial layers themselves appear solid and material and concrete to us. Our perceptions emerge as immediate memory with the same synchronization as everything else that changes and emerges within this existential whole that we call reality.

The more primordial the level of change, the more rapid the change rate. This is what some of you call the universal vibration. It's the rate of change - the Quantum Rate, I guess - and all other change occurs in relative sync with that rate.

This is the true basis of Quantum Physics - the quantum of action - and why any infinite quantity or infinite presence is not possible. That such quantized structure exists - and has been repeatedly proven to exist - eliminates the possibility that anything exists that is infinite, and therefore wholly universal and indivisibly so (as any infinite thing must be to be defined as infinite). The infinite "thing" could never be in "change sync" with the rest of reality, and therefore couldn't "share" that primordial basis of existence with rest of reality. In short, even if it could ever exist, it could never exist as real within any quantized reality confine - such as the one we exist within.

It's not easy to explain, but this is a very basic sketch of the intractable issue that your premise faces. Like I said, philosophy is fun, and even capable of providing valuable insights now and then, but it's rarely reflective of reality.

edit on 1/23/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You're beating around the bush.

You're just saying the same thing you always say. "Primordial holon event trajectory information clusters" don't prove that time and space have ends.
edit on 23-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You're beating around the bush.

You're just saying the same thing you always say. "Primordial holon event trajectory information clusters" don't prove that time and space have ends.
edit on 23-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

"Primordial holon event trajectory information clusters"...? Really? What the hell are those?

Look, the reason I sound like a broken record on this stuff is because it's true and I don't see the value in not being truthful about it when discussing it. Sure, it probably irritates some people - like you, apparently - but that's not my fault. Reality is what it is, and I didn't create it. Don't look at me if you don't like how reality is configured.

Quantum physics changed the way we employ the basics of physical reality to our technological development efforts because it DID prove that space and time are quantized, and therefore limited - with ends. You need to do some research into exactly what the establishment of the quantum changed, and what the full implications of the quantum are. You voodoo metaphysicists love to point to quantum physics as suggesting all kinds of impossible potentials, but the truth is that the quantum proved exactly the opposite of what you claim.

It's pretty stunning, actually, just how successful you folks have been with the lay public concerning this effort to associate quantum physics with mysticism and other esoteric imaginings, but that's got to finally be corrected if this version of humanity is ever going to catch up to the rest of the class. Consider me as just one of many that are here and coming along to fix this miserable and confusing mess. It's a big world we have here, and there are many places besides this one where people debate this issue, so it'll take a lot of time and effort. That's okay, though. It's good work and there isn't much else that I'd rather do than pitch in and help out where I can.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The planck length was determined because "anything smaller makes no physical sense". That sounds like intellectual laziness and a cop out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join