It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MALI...cious thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"Something" weird happen in North Africa. And "something" do not convince me... Is there a "Big Plan" to modify/maintain the Power in this Region? The Lybic conflict was only the start-up for a major War Plane in the region to overtake the absolute contol on the huge MALI's natural resouces (Uranium, Gold, Oil, Diamonds, Bauxite, Quartz, etc... etc..)? I find very souspicious the French Operation Serval in Mali and the very strange (absolutely fool!!) Islamist Algerian Attak. The latest one seem a clear staged/false flag attak to obtain military and logistic support from the Algerian Government on what appear to be a classic and well organized post-colonialist invasion. The Enemy, Abdul Hakim Belhaj Abdul Hakim Belhaj( leader of Al-Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb) AQIM that was the best "friend" in the recent lybic conflict became the worst enemy now...
But the same Abdul Hakim Belhaj is the actual NATO's Best Friend in Turkish/Syrian borders...

edit on 20-1-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yes, everything is a conspiracy!
I therefore warn you all that Arken is sent by the NWO to spread you this lie.
They sent me too.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Everything going on in north africa at the moment is part of a long term plan to remove China and its interests from the continent. The islamists are nothing more than a convenient sub plot and smoke screen for the players of a far more dangerous game.

You might find this an interesting read- (Africa Command: U.S. Strategic Interests and the Role of the U.S. Military in Africa) www.fas.org...

In recent years, analysts and U.S. policymakers have noted Africa’s growing strategic importance to U.S. interests. Among those interests are the increasing importance of Africa’s natural resources

This is all about securing the resource wealth of Africa and denying it to an enemy, 'both, from a western and chinese perspective.' A recipe for world war if ever there was.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The situation is the inevitable blowback from the original Libyan overthrow and western meddling in the region.
The "Islamists" currently being bombed in Mali are the Tuaregs, who have been fighting for independance for 150 years or more. Unfortunately for them, they just happen to sit on top of the resources our industrialists and bankers crave.
The situation in Algeria will no doubt be a catalyst for ramping up operations and lead to "boots on the ground", but it is a situation of our (I mean western governments) making. The people who died in Algeria were probably just the opening salvo of what will become a higher level regional takeover.

I do get a bit sick of seeing the tired old Ismalist / Al Qaida card being played so much though. Even more laughable are the comments I saw from General Dempsey:

Gen. Dempsey said U.S. planners already have begun working with their French allies, and that the State Department, the Pentagon and the National Security Council will address the request and provide whatever assistance they can.

“Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb is a threat not only to the country of Mali, but the region, and if left unaddressed, could in fact become a global threat,” he said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Really? A global threat? More fine words from a uniformed political desk jockey. Perhaps the good general would like to show what an all-American hero he is and lead an assault from the front.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Germany is demanding its gold back from America and France.
They have to get it somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
Germany is demanding its gold back from America and France.
They have to get it somewhere.

Outrageous but probably true.

Mali is Africa's third largest producer of gold.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

OP you are wrong on a couple of key facts, firstly, Al-Qa’ida In the Islamic Maghreb was not responsible for the attack on the Algerian BP facility it was conducted by a AQIM affiliated group called The al-Mua'qi'oon Biddam Brigade . Secondly it was not AQIM who helped out in the Libyan conflict it was the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LFIG) there exact role is quite complex. Finally you are also wrong to say that Abdul Hakim Belhaj is the leader of AQIM, he’s not, he is a former leader of LFIG now a libian politician, the leader of AQIM is a man called Abu Musab Abdel Wadoud.

Also it is important to remember that in Mali the Mali Government requested the assistance of France to maintain the government. This is not an operation like Libya where the objective was regime change this is about maintaining the current government. The same goes for Algeria, the Algerians refused and British, American and French offers of Special Forces assistance so we were not involved in that one atoll other than a American plane landing to pick up some hostages and there is zero evidence to suggest a false flag.

Terrorist attacks happen, does not mean there is a false flag, it is possible that you might have been onto something hear but your OP is so full of errors I dont think its likely.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

My sources confirm....

And however: Abdel hakim Belhadj was Arrest in Bangkok, and return to Libya........ via CIA rendition.

www.nytimes.com...

The most powerful military leader is now Abdel Hakim Belhaj, the former leader of a hard-line group once believed to be aligned with Al Qaeda.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The situation is the inevitable blowback from the original Libyan overthrow and western meddling in the region.
The "Islamists" currently being bombed in Mali are the Tuaregs, who have been fighting for independance for 150 years or more. Unfortunately for them, they just happen to sit on top of the resources our industrialists and bankers crave.
The situation in Algeria will no doubt be a catalyst for ramping up operations and lead to "boots on the ground", but it is a situation of our (I mean western governments) making. The people who died in Algeria were probably just the opening salvo of what will become a higher level regional takeover.

I do get a bit sick of seeing the tired old Ismalist / Al Qaida card being played so much though. Even more laughable are the comments I saw from General Dempsey:

Gen. Dempsey said U.S. planners already have begun working with their French allies, and that the State Department, the Pentagon and the National Security Council will address the request and provide whatever assistance they can.

“Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb is a threat not only to the country of Mali, but the region, and if left unaddressed, could in fact become a global threat,” he said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Really? A global threat? More fine words from a uniformed political desk jockey. Perhaps the good general would like to show what an all-American hero he is and lead an assault from the front.

The Islamist are not the Tuaregs. They are seperate groups. The Tuaregs has been fighting a war going nowhere. The Islamist arrived being chased out of Libya and fought along side the Tuaregs at first. Better armed and and trained they changed the course of the conflict to a point Mali suffered a coup. Now with Mali Army on the run, the Mali gov in chaos and with the African force not ready to move in the Islamist took control of everything in the rebel occupied region. The Tuaregs fought back and were crushed. The broke into two factions one, in hiding in the far north and another that is now working to help get rid of Islamists.

And as for the OP both Mali and Algeria were already western allies. The attack in Algeria was a direct result of Algeria working with the US and France to deal with the Islamists. And of course Mali being over run would begin a collapse of the entire region of weak governments with weak militaries.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yes aligned with Al-Qa’ida, LFIG was an Al-Qa’ida affiliated group for years and in any case he is now a Libyan politician. He was LFIG NOT AQIM.

Dude several of your points are just factually incorrect that is why your thread does not work you have based your theory around stuff that just isnt true

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

the Al-Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) is the tightest ally of the combatant groupIslamic Libyan , that LIFG, to wich support France is taken part, beside the NATO, in the invasion of Libya, supplying weapons, training, special forces and also airplanes in order to turn upside down the government of Gaddafi. And to think that already in 2007 number two of Al Qaeda, Al Zawahiri, had officially announced the fusion between LIFG and to - the Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM). Therefore from then LIFG and AQIM they were the same thing under the direction of Abdul Hakim Belhaj, then leader of the LIFG in Libya.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

the Al-Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) is the tightest ally of the combatant groupIslamic Libyan , that LIFG, to wich support France is taken part, beside the NATO,

Ok now your posts don’t even make much sense but I will endeavour.

And to think that already in 2007 number two of Al Qaeda, Al Zawahiri, had officially announced the fusion between LIFG and to - the Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).

Again that is wrong, what actually happened was that in during the 1990’s after a failed assassination attempt against Gaddafi the group split, many of them ended up in Afghanistan and joining up with Al-Qa’ida. One such member was a guy called Abu Al-Libi (my memory might be off on that) who in 2007 along with Al-Zawahiri declared that LFIG had joined Al-Qa’ida (not AQIM).

However, the rest of the leadership of LFIG strongly disagreed with this move which they had little or no say in, their former leader a dude called Noman Benotom even sent letters to Al-Qa’ida requesting that they stop all their operations in the West and Islamic world. In 2010 they officially spit with Al-Qa’ida.

Now the point is that this Abdul Hakim Belhaj was never a member of AQIM he was a member of LFIG and is now a Libyan politician he is not the leader of AQIM, the leader of AQIM is Abu Musab Abdel Wadoud.

Like I said before, that really is just one of many errors in your OP that means your theory is based on factual inaccuracies its just a who load of rubbish based on nothing.

edit on 20-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Hmmmm.... deny evidence..... interesting behaviour!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am not denying evidence I am correcting you.

That dude you mention in your OP is not the leader of AQIM.

This is a fact, just admit your OP is wrong and move on.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

One such member was a guy called Abu Al-Libi (my memory might be off on that) who in 2007 along with Al-Zawahiri declared that LFIG had joined Al-Qa’ida (not AQIM).

What? Al-Qa’ida is not Al-Qa’ida in Islamic Maghreb?

Applause!
Applause!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

One such member was a guy called Abu Al-Libi (my memory might be off on that) who in 2007 along with Al-Zawahiri declared that LFIG had joined Al-Qa’ida (not AQIM).

What? Al-Qa’ida is not Al-Qa’ida in Islamic Maghreb?

Applause!
Applause!

Well may I also applaud you on making yourself look like a total idiot.

Al-Qa’ida and Al-Qa’ida in the Islamic Maghreb are two different groups.

You have “Core Al-Qa’ida” then we have the franchise groups such as Al-Qa’ida in Iraq or in this case Al-Qa’ida in the Islamic Maghreb, they are independent groups who use the Al-Qa’ida name follow the same ideology but “core Al-Qa’ida” has almost nothing to do with the operational side of the group.

So when Al-Zawahiri and Al-Libi announced the merger of the two groups Al-Libi was actually swearing an oath of alliance to Zawahiri or his Bay’ah on behalf of LFIG. So that does not mean that LFIG “Became” Al-Qa’ida just that a senior member swore a alliance to a senior Al-Qa’ida member on behalf of the group. In any case in 2010 LFIG separated form Al-Qa’ida because most of the leadership was opposed to what Al-Libi done.

It’s actually quite complex and clearly you don’t have the level of education required to understand the more intricate details of how the various Al-Qa’ida groups relate to each other.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Your arrogance and rudeness say all...

As usual I'm confident in ATS Mods Surveillance, otherwise, I'm ready to heavily offend you and all your family.....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

What are you taking about, your thread is factually incorrect on several points it’s that simple.

Abdul Hakim Belhaj is not the leader or has ever been the leader of AQIM.

Stop crying “arrogance” when you are the one who is wrong and you have just made yourself look rather silly in trying to arrogantly mock me because you don’t know what you’re talking about. It is not arrogant or rude of me to point out when you are wrong, what is arrogant and downright ignorant is for you to continue to pretend that your OP is factually correct when its not.

As usual I'm confident in ATS Mods Surveillance, otherwise, I'm ready to heavily offend you and all your family.....

that is really mature by the way just goes to show you for what you really are.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I reply to you in a civil manner in my previous post with, news, sources and links.

But now this thread seem to go..... on a very... very bad side.

So, again, hope for a quick ATS Mods action.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Do you accept that some of the information you have presented in your OP is factually incorrect?

new topics

top topics

join