It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivan Sanderson's Missing Crypto Archives Found.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Anything refreshingly new to report? Maybe something that isn't so familiar.

Not that i don't love this thread already.

If it weren't for some of the other evidence (and now a couple missing samples) i would think the FlatWoods Monster thing was a drunken fabrication. One of the more original aliens i've read about, but it does feel very Science Fiction Double Feature still.

Did i miss the part about the giants?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
wonder if the thunderbird photo is in there.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to an ATS thread about Sanderson, "Forgotten UFO Researcher Ivan T. Sanderson", just to keep everything linked to this thread, and visa versa. This thread seems to be shaping up as the must-read Sanderson thread, and should expand in time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438
wonder if the thunderbird photo is in there.

Here's the link to the Thunderbird picture hunt you mention. Some very interesting pics on it, very likely all hoaxes but good ones.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Ive seen alot of those now. I find it fascinating. I think I read that Ivan sanderson was the last person seen with it and he gave it to someone who lost it

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great post I hope his archive includes pictures of the great western Thunderbird.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Anything refreshingly new to report? Maybe something that isn't so familiar.

Thorneblood, the updated links from the ongoing research into the files was kind of the reason for the thread in the first place - there's another link here regarding USOs and an object emerging through the ice in front of several military ships but then that's not really crypto.

If it weren't for some of the other evidence (and now a couple missing samples) i would think the FlatWoods Monster thing was a drunken fabrication.

Well some of the witnesses were young children so let's hope they weren't drunk, did you listen to the Ivan interview and watch the Stanton Friedman video about the case?

All the witnesses accounts seemed to corroborate yet I suppose it's also fair to say there were various descriptions of the 'monster' -factors everybody seemed to agree on involved a 10 foot creature with a green, man shaped body, red face and green light coming from its eyes; its head either being shaped like an Ace of Spades or having a similar shaped cowling behind it -it was also reported to be wearing some kind of dark, pleated skirt.

As well as the pic at the Flatwoods link in the first post, there are also these other images below so you can see how the depictions have become open to interpretation -there's also a good Freedom of Information Act USAF pdf file HERE containing newspaper clippings and interview notes if you're interested.

Pics

Thread

I agree that the physical trace evidence aspect is intriguing (as is the fact that the Pentagon gave utmost priority to the lab analysis of the subject samples) -the foul, sulphur smelling odour which made some of the witnesses sick is also pretty freaky and the UFO reports from the surrounding area at the time do appear pretty consistent -guess we'll never know what the monster was but I don't think it was an owl.

Did i miss the part about the giants?

Sorry, should have properly linked that one - Nighthawk1954 made a great thread about the subject below and researcher Jim Vieira discusses all the many historical accounts of 'red haired giants with double rows of teeth' in the TED talk below (around 08:55).

The Giants Of Ancient America: “8′ Tall With Double Rows Of Teeth”

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ok....so maybe this is just me but seriously, i wish i had seen this pic before and made the connection.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Ok....so maybe this is just me but seriously, i wish i had seen this pic before and made the connection.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are what is the picture and what is the connection?

Here's another depiction of the FM which speculates that the flared out lower torso were actual tubes for a propulsion system - pretty outlandish but then it was reported that the monster 'floated' towards the witnesses.

Did you get time to listen to the Ivan Sanderson interview about the case?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'd love to get lost there for a few days. Sorta like how I feel about getting lost in the Smithsonian's off limits storage area..

Slayer, would love to have a good look around there too mate - according to the Jim Vieira presentation the Koch Brothers and the Smithsonian have quite a bit of explaining to do when it comes to missing crypto evidence.

When it comes to freaky accounts it looks like Dr Swords was also pretty impressed with this incident from Sanderson's files which involves a 35 foot long sea serpent rearing up out of the sea in front of multiple witnesses -like he says in the article the case is pretty credible (and pretty strange):

Peeking at Ivan's SITU files

The Credibility factor in this case seems practically off the scale. We have multiple witnesses, at least two of whom were interviewed several times in close proximity to the time of the incident. The ship's Captain stood right up for his men unwaveringly, and prepared his own statement. The immediate log entry attests to the real-ness with which the incident was taken [as it is a $500 fine to falsify logs]. And the sending of a telegraph message to "higher oceanic authority" pretty much cinches it.

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Perhaps it is just me, but the descriptions and especially the images supplied remind me of Angels. I know, it sounds off but just consider. Compare the "FlatWoods" monster to the atypical Christmas Angel that sits on your tree. Notice the similarities between the flared out bottom and no noticeable feet/legs? The "circle of light" or "tongue of flame" that surrounds their head. You may question the presence of wings, but one current theory suggests that "Angels" did not have wings, but that instead the wings were added for artistic value to convey their "airy" nature and abilitiy to fly.
Hierarchy of Angels

The Christian Angelic Hierarchy is more complex then people think, it contains a host of various types of angels. Some of which are vaguely "ufo-ish" in nature, known as the Ophanim

The Ophanim (Heb. ofanim: Wheels, also known as Thrones, from the vision of Daniel 7:9) are unusual looking even compared to the other celestial beings; They appear as a beryl-coloured wheel-within-a-wheel, their rims covered with hundreds of eyes.
They are closely connected with the Cherubim: "When they moved, the others moved; when they stopped, the others stopped; and when they rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them; for the spirit of the living creatures [Cherubim] was in the wheels." Ezekiel 10:17 NRSV.

And yea, i listened. Thanks for the Giants link.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So whats the word here?

Anything new?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Great thread . thanks for posting this karl12

Ivan Sanderson still a pretty good researcher in my opinion, one of the old great researcher in this field full of charlatan and liars.

i think mr sanderson is in too deep in his research too and he already experience the thing that other serious researchers warned about.. the phenomena reveal itself to ivan , though i dont know if this scared him or not..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Any new revelations on anything Crypto come from these missing archives?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
any updates on case files in that massive pile of documents ?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Vrill

Any new revelations on anything Crypto come from these missing archives?

There's not been much posted about Ivan's archives recently mate but Professor Swords did make this entry about Bigfoot sightings on his blog during October -there's also a relevant page here dealing with Sea Serpents from Dale Drinnon over at Frontiers of Zoology.

Stumbling in Ivan's Bigfootsteps

Ivan was probably best known for his knowledge which led to writings about ABSM-type creatures in North America and around the globe. Why not start there? For a sample, I picked his three-ringed notebook marked "ABSM Oregon". Why? Not really being spontaneous, I was probably still influenced by that last blog entry I wrote about Sasquatchs around Sweet Home, Oregon. What-the-heck, right? Good as anyplace to start..

A letter with some case details [wish there were more items like this ], and a drawing of what a witness said that he saw.

Briefly, there are a few more cases perhaps worthy of note:

A). In 1942, an academic and his wife [Don Hunter] were planning to go hiking near Three Sisters Wilderness Area at Todd Lake. There they saw a very tall standing figure which took off running on two legs at stunning speed;

B). Around the same year, two hunters [ Edwards above and companion] were SE of Ashland, OR when Edwards heard noises nearby, and his friend received a blow in the back which sent him tumbling down the hill. Edwards then saw a large hairy [brown] 7' tall "ape" running downhill. Here the story gets confusing. Edwards remembers seeing what he thought was a human, or at least several items of human clothing in the ape's arms, but his companion is certain that the thing didn't pick him up for any time;

C). In 1959, three witnesses were flying over remote Horseshoe Lake in the Wallowa Mountains. They saw a hairy humanoid tearing away at the carcass of a dead animal. The witnesses watched this action through binoculars.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

karl 12

Found the Flatwoods monster sighting pretty fascinating and, as well as being a UFO case I suppose the monster is also classified as a cryptid -here's Ivan Sanderson discussing it in a 1956 interview:

New video link for interview:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have a copy of Ivan Sanderson's Invisible Residents and I would thoroughly recommend people reading it because the research is so well done and his records so far reaching.

It always fascinates me to thinbk that with us having existed for so many thousands of years and our planet's violent tendencies towards ice ages and massive destructive changes, perhaps our ancestors did have the technology to escape the planet when it erupted and have kept their bases/home here but, due to the backward nature of us who have had to climb out of the cataclysms and start all ov er again and prob ably again etc, such a gulf now exists that were there actually people living among us from this original society, they might preferf not to mix openly with us - who knows?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join