It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinite Perspectives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wish to share with you all some insight into the concept of perspective.

What is perspective? All of you could give a valid answer to this and yet those answers would be different to various degrees. That is perspective. You all have a different perspective OF perspective.

Perspective is a view, a perception, and directly correlates to dimensions. Dimensions ARE perspectives.

Imagine for a moment, a line, a one-dimensional line. Within this line there is point A on one end and point B on the other. Point A is one point, one view, one perspective and from this point it is possible to view point B, a different perspective. Now if a line is created perpendicular to point B, you would have a new view, a new perspective, point C. Imagine a right angle for this analogy.

So what is so amazing about this new point C? It is the revelation that, not only is there another point besides point A or B, but now from point C you can view point A directly without having to first move back to point B. Think of it as more flexibility, less limitation, a broadening of horizons.

You could continue connecting points in this two-dimensional fashion as you so desire, creating new perspectives, however there are restrictions to this. Imagine on this two-dimensional plane that you are say, at point Z. You could of course view different points, but depending on the way in which you chose to move, some points might become hidden by all of these one-dimensional lines you created in moving from point to point. Perhaps you could view point Y, point X, point W, maybe point V, but it would be difficult if not impossible to look back at point A or B.

This limitation is not preferred, the universe does not like limitation, the universe wants to EXPAND. When it cannot expand by conventional means it will continue to do so in what would be perceived as unconventional means, or in new directions, in new dimensions.

So, when you become restricted in your perspective on your limited two-dimensional plane you must expand in a new way, in a THIRD dimension. When moving in a third-dimensional direction you will be able to view all of these different points you created all at once. You would now continue connecting more points, not within a two-dimensional plane, but within the less restricted, more flexible three-dimensional space. In space you will be able to view more points at once, but again, at a certain point it will begin to become just as restricted as two dimensions.

What I am doing with this example is assisting you in connecting points in such a way so that you can view this point that I speak to you from.

Now, moving forward.

Densities are the dimensions of thoughts, feelings, and everything non-physical. There are an infinite number of densities, as your thoughts, your feelings are unrestricted, unlimited and only become limited when you allow restrictions to be placed upon them. You move to a certain point, so to speak, and instead of moving to another point to view other points differently you stay content with the point you are at, you like the view you currently have of all the other points around you that you are viewing.

A, what you would call, "die-hard christian" or "hard-core atheist" are simply two points arranged in such a way that the two cannot view each other unless they move in a certain direction. This is why so much conflict is created between individuals of radically different perspectives, because to the individual, the differing perspective is not observable, it is non-existent.

It may be difficult to grasp for many, but each and every one of you has a %100 valid perspective. You can never technically be wrong because you may be of the perspective that what is viewed as wrong by many may be right to you.

Remember, there are an INFINITE amount of perspectives, therefore everything that can be thought of can and will be thought of. Every opinion, every view will be taken on every issue, on every belief.

You can think of any idea, you can look at any object and ponder it in an INFINITE amount of ways and some may think this is impossible, but that is simply the example of moving points analogy manifesting. You are simply at a point where you cannot view this other point. If you continue to expand, continue to move in new dimensions of thought, you will realize that literally anything and everything is possible.

This is the idea of what you call "shifting density." You simply just relax your view, your perspective and accept any and all possibilities, because given infinity, all possibilities exist, human beings are simply not evolved enough to view certain possibilities that are outside of their current physical dimension, and current non-physical density.

To conclude, this website is a beautiful harmony, a cosmic musical of perspectives agreeing, debating, ridiculing, supporting, so many different aspects. It is a beautiful thing, though of course, that is but one of an infinite amount of perspectives. Without perspective there would be no distinction between the you and the me, but that is why we are here, to experience this differentiation of but one thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So is an impossibility an impossibility then? Seems a conundrum.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

How can anyone know that the Universe doesn't like limitations? Have you spoken to it? Has it answered you back.?
I get what you are trying to say but a 2 dimensional analogy in a 3 dimensional Universe is like comparing a comic book to a film.
So what you're saying is that the Universe is infinite and forever expanding but that is also unprovable.
We are told by Science that the universe is expanding but what happens one day if the Universe hits a brick wall and has to stop expanding in fact it may recoil backwards.
Again these are unknowns, I actually believe that anything you can think of must exist somewhere in this Universe or maybe in another dimension.
Which means that our minds are actually plugging to a Universal source of knowledge.
That also would mean that this source of knowledge although is massive is also finite.
Or maybe as the Universe expands that source of knowledge is becoming larger and therefore information to tap into is getting larger.
But the source of knowledge although massive and increasing is limited to the rate of expansion of the Universe and if the Universe stopped expanding so would the knowledge again making it finite.
As we cant see beyond the boundaries of the Universe than all this is theoretical. For all we know this universe may be but a grain of sand on some Other Universal beach.
Makes you think dont it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Makes me think? More like makes my head wanna explode.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I think it is a brilliant commentary on perspective. I shall certainly take it on board the dinghy and look at it more closely from various angles.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

The universe is consciousness, my friend, therefore the universe is within you and can be communicated with, as you say. It is not some abstract or magical concept, it is a very common and simple thing. This information is what comes to me when I quiet my mind and listen to consciousness. That is not to say that everything I say is %100 true and provable, as this information has to be deciphered and put into physical words which can be very limiting and allow for misinterpretation. There is also an interference from my own self.

With regard to the expansion of the universe, the universe as humanity currently knows it will indeed appear to collapse back in on itself, however this is simply the universe becoming limited in it's own perspective and so will expand in a new dimensional direction that could be perceived by third density entities as a collapsing in of their universe. It's simply a dimensional shift, not to be confused with a density shift.
edit on 20-1-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I enjoyed your opening post. Perspective or point-of-view is a very interesting topic because, for one, it helps to demonstrate that our minds can never know what anything actually appears like in Reality.

When considering exactly what any object appears like in reality, we would have to take every point-of-view or perspective into account - to know EXACTLY how such an object actually appears in reality. The mind cannot do this because it is only capable of one point-of-view at a time, and thus cannot know what anything even looks like in reality, much less what anything actually IS.

Only the transcending of all perspectives or points-of-view of mind, in consciousness itself, allows the Reality of even the most humble of objects to be known exactly as it is.

edit on 5/20/2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

I am glad you enjoyed the post my friend.

It can be said that there is no "actual" reality. Given that existence is consciousness manifested to experience itself, then any definition of reality is relative to the conscious observer. In other words, without a perspective to perceive, there would simply be nothing.

Also, the transcending of all perspectives as you say, could be what many would refer to as the seventh density, the return to source, the merging with oneness. Perhaps it is simply consciousness outside of an observing aspect of perspective which to lower realms of existence would be perceived as nothingness.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective
In other words, without a perspective to perceive, there would simply be nothing.
Or simply everything is as it IS - modifications of indivisible Reality and not ultimately knowable.
edit on 6/1/2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join