It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algerian assault ends crisis, 19 hostages dead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

I was already thinking the first part of your post but did not want to say it in all honesty.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

JUST FYI TO EVERYONE HERE WHO THINKS THE JOINT ALGERIAN/FRENCH OIL FIELD RESCUE WAS CONDUCTED -WITHOUT- ANY ASSISTANCE:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Just in case so many experts here, who apparently consider themselves in-the-know (unlike maybe some of us who know many in the SOF community), it is a FACT (not a biased opinion, but grapevine gossip that has just fallen a hair short of being fully admitted by unit members) that Delta rescued those hostages....and if was not a JTF (Joint Task Force) i.e a few Algerian SOF alongside a handful of Delta/CAG operators (and most likely, some of the boys from Dam Neck aka DEVGRU were on board), then it was either a group of USASOC's finest shooters from Bragg/Pope AFB in Algerian uniforms (this happens ALL THE TIME, then they give credit to host nation's counterparts) or it was a couple triggerpullers from Delta hidden inside each stack of Algerian SOF, then when they breached, our guys made entry first and took care of the threats outside and internally.

When you read about how the S. Sudan situation is being put under control (or in Mali for instance), it is Delta and DEV who are doing it....
Not the f**king Ugandans they claim are helping out and lending troops. Those guys are just probably "bullet stoppers" as some of the older Nam vets I used to know would call the unimportant "cannon fodder" guys who were not trained to the tip of the spear.

Basically, bottom line, let me inform you so next time you read, you don't congratulate the wrong guys...

There won't be a lot of Delta operations where they get credit. Black Hawk Down only mentioned them because some idiot out there (and apparently on this board too!!) thinks we failed, when all we lost was two birds, while we DID wipe out about a 1/10th of the entire marketplace and surrounding militia (maybe not 10,000 or whatever the joking numbers are, but for every Ranger or unit operator that went down, you can bet that their brethren put down about two dozen in return....that is a FACT).

NOW SEALS ARE A DIFF STORY...they don't mind a little attention (i.e Act of Valor, Lone Survivor, etc). But no disrespect here, as I know many former and active squids who deserve that very limelight (I lived in San Diego and by Coronado for years, and since I work in privatized security contracting, you meet alot of these folks).

BUT DELTA WILL ALWAYS CREDIT THE OTHER NATION/HOST NATION'S FORCES....ONLY RARELY (LIKE LIBYA) WILL YOU SEE THEIR NAME IN PRINT AND ANY CREDIT BEING GIVEN...WHICH USUALLY IS ALSO REDACTED AND ISN'T MUCH.

Just thought I'd let you in on that small secret some of you have forgotten about how our Tier 1 Special Mission Unit TTPs work...They aren't looking to be recognized...as in EVER.

Delta killed those in Mali, and in Algeria. PERIOD. Give these fine doorkickers credit, as they DO deserve it, whether they want it or not (as I tell the guys I know who do this for a living....I say this very same thing as I very much DO think they deserve at least a mention when they change history...which is a weekly occurrence).

-D

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Delta/CAG/ACE was most definitely the unit that did the heavy lifting here...they usually would wear, in this case, Algerian SOF uniforms (along with about a dozen actual Algerian SOF in their stack), then along with SIGINT and Agency (SAD/SOG shooters) folks, they stormed and smoked and rescued the hostages.
Don't be fooled...Delta has always credited the host nations. Rarely (as in Libya recently) do you see their name as the credited unit.

DEVGRU and Delta are the ones responsible for half of ANY high-profile hostage rescue and/or CT direct action operations in the world at this particular time. JSOC made a phone call and Algeria was happy to oblige...despite the fact that Delta was probably battling Algerian ex-mil (or maybe active?) about six months to a year ago. Algeria, like Mali, is a hotspot where Delta and the squids from Dam Neck have been travelling to in order to hone their shooting skills on live targets...i.e rogue military units from said countries

<< 1  2   >>

join