It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+108 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"Most people are law-abiding citizens and may go ahead and sell those or turn those over, but you're going to have a fraction of people that are going to take a stand, and I can just predict a Waco-style standoff in some rural area and it's not going to end well," Gloversville, New York Mayor Dayton King (I) said about New York state's new gun control laws that Gov. Cuomo recently signed into law. (source: WXXA-TV)

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Visit link for video, or here, I dug it up on youtube, just posted, 15 views:

To draw a comparison with what happened at WACO with the current gun control problem is a bit of an understatement, imo.

Waco, while the way it was handled is surely controversial, was a bizarre cult. The gun owners in this country are NOT some bizarre cult. And I seriously think that TPTB are underestimating the blowback of the particular buttons they are pushing.

They may find themselves with 1,000 Wacos all over this country, is what I am saying- or worse- if they keep at it.
edit on Fri Jan 18th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When I read it, it sounded like a threat.
But after watching the video, I changed my mind.

I think what he's trying to say is not that every gun owner is crazy....but rather there are quite a few crazies who own guns.

Whether you agree with a mild form of gun control(and yes, everything proposed so far is rather mild, even if I'm opposed to it) or not, he's probably right about what he said.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

They may find themselves with 1,000 Wacos all over this country, is what I am saying- or worse- if they keep at it.

I hope they (TPTB) understand this reality…apparently this mayor does.

He’s right! If enough people take a stand it won’t end well…for TPTB.

Nice find.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Oh I see, so gun owners who WOULD make a stand against this nonsense, right down to an armed confrontation with LEO's, are now crazy?

:shk:

Ya know, I just friggin give up.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If they had the drones they have now during the Waco standoff the whole thing would have gone down differently. The Feds would have had real time intelligence on what was going on in the Davidian compound and would have been providing that info to their boots on the ground and they would know where every weapon was and when there was a weakness in the parameter to exploit for a breach. Likely they would have caught them off guard an unready.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oh I see, so gun owners who WOULD make a stand against this nonsense, right down to an armed confrontation with LEO's, are now crazy?

Don't give up my friend!

You have many more Americans than you think that feel the same way you do.....

You'll have to concede to the fact that the government became this tyrannical due to the fact they were able to create so many "useful idiots" whom bow to their knees to those whos only goal is to murder and enslave them and their families.......

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I hope they (TPTB) understand this reality…apparently this mayor does.

He’s right! If enough people take a stand it won’t end well…for TPTB.

Nice find.

TPTB don't care we are mere serfs to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Don't give up my friend!

You have many more Americans than you think that feel the same way you do.....

You'll have to concede to the fact that the government became this tyrannical due to the fact they were able to create so many "useful idiots" whom bow to their knees to those whos only goal is to murder and enslave them and their families.......

No, definitely do not give up. I have seen a few pro-gun-control posters on this site come around to an understanding of and support for the 2nd amendment.

I am of the opinion that TPTB want an armed confrontation, and if they continue the way they have been, they will get it, soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Alright, that does it. Where is that survival forum. Time to research what I am going to buy. Time to start selling unneeded things, to come up with the money to...you guessed it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

wow, that's not what I said at all.

The op was trying to make it out as if cults don't exist. You know all those 2012 cults? What do you think they are doing right now? That's what I meant by crazy people...it's pretty obvious seeing as I specifically said not all gun owners are crazy....
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He also implied that those who didn't give up guns weren't law abiding citizens..

kind of a mistake on his part I think. He could have worded it better.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A lot of times a politician warns of what they want.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bull# the people who died were a #ing cult. Do some goddamn research before you spout the holocaust the atf caused was because they were crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

TPTB don't care we are mere serfs to them.

I don’t care what they think of me. All I care about is that they understand their force will be met with force and there is nothing they can do about it. That's why we have a 2nd amendment.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

So you are of the opinion that wiping out people in "cults" is perfectly acceptable? Wow.......
Hopefully you are some fringe minority, or all they have to do is somehow shoehorn gun owners into "cult" territory and they can take us all out to the applause of the masses......
edit on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:25:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Especially after reading all the reports and gory details of Waco one night to answer a thread on it here, that was a bad bad example.
I'd agree that Waco was a cult and even using that example makes a mental connection that is anything but helpful It's....disturbing. Of all the issues..he had to pick that one?

The DIRECT comparison would be Ruby Ridge to my thinking. A man and his family who committed NO other crime than to have a couple weapons the ATF thought weren't handled or permitted properly. ...Ruby Ridge also had support starting to build and actually travel THERE to become active about it if it'd gone on for much longer.

I will say he's right on the basic sentiment though. People are GOING to resist. Some will bury their guns in protest. Some will just tell them to stick it and get hurt when the guns are taken by force ...and some will use force to be killed in the process of taking their guns anyway.

All this..for what again? So some new anti-gun policy can be put into place where California and the 1994 ban have shown the benefit is limited, if any for the long term? Yeah... right... Great idea and that's hope and change.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah great points. I saw that post you made about the Cali gun ban. I swear between you and seabag and a few others, you guys wear out my mouse button clicking on stars.

But seriously, look at the effect all this talk is having just on me. I gave up mine long ago, just cause I got out of shooting, used to own a little 22 rifle and a 32, but sold them for other things. They just weren't that important back then to me, but now? I feel it coming. Either get one now or it will be too late. They're going to outlaw guns completely.

At this point in time I think we had better start talking about concepts of the use of "overwhelming force" against those that would attempt to take them. FAIR IS FAIR. Problem is, it has been far TOO UNFAIR, with all the power grabs and regulations, and nazi-style commando raids going on, for FAR WAY TOO DAMN LONG.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've been asking this question: How many Americans is Obama willing to murder in an attempt to disarm the population? I think as soon as we know that answer, we'll know how far they're willing to take this.

I will give up nothing, because I understand that even 5% is a victory for the Fabians. They will ask for 50%, and gladly take 5%, because they'll keep coming back and keep coming back until eventually they have 100%.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I've been asking this question: How many Americans is Obama willing to murder in an attempt to disarm the population? I think as soon as we know that answer, we'll know how far they're willing to take this.

I think the answer is – as many as it takes.

The question I’ve been asking is “How many Americans is Obama going to have to kill before the rest of the country realizes what WE already know?”

How much more freedom will be stripped before everyone gets a clue? And will it be too late to do anything?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Alright, that does it. Where is that survival forum. Time to research what I am going to buy. Time to start selling unneeded things, to come up with the money to...you guessed it.

A 3-D printer so you can create your own gun?
Go for it!

I know what you meant. I'm just throwing out other alternatives for when things get difficult to obtain.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join