It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

waco was a bizarre cult?

You know that because thats what the MSM told you? It was that event that was the first time my eyes were opened to the lies the world runs on. The internet was new and rare. Instead someone gave me a homemade copy of a video tape. One of the most famous lines of the story, the one peddled hardest by the MSM that convinced America that waco was full of crazies was the sound bite of their leader claiming to be jesus. and there, on the tape, I learned what an edited out of context soundbite was. I was shocked. America trusted news anchors knowly pushing a lie. I have never believed a word from them since. Waco may have been full of crazies, but we'll never know because they're all dead. But it wasn't up to journalists to sell a story made of lies.

Ayers admitted what he has planned for millions of Americans. Obama let everyone know what he thinks of bitter clingers and promised revenge on his enemies if reelected. The Hutatree were a taste of what their provocateurs were trying to create, but failed. A Waco is not an unintended consequence. Its what they're trying to cause.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And speaking of Alex Jones, and also quite relevant to this and other gun control threads:

You have been warned.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hope no one gets into a shoot out in NY. Sometimes we have to take a hit to win a war my New York brothers. Stay alive and use your damn brain.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I sure wouldn't want to be the guys tasked with collecting the guns. Gonna be ugly, and costly, on both sides. I hope the politicians responsible for what may be coming are held accountable if and when it does.
The real question is why isn't Obumbler and his cohorts not being impeached? He is violating his oath of office. So is Fienstien and any other that proposes any law that restricts (infringes) the 2nd amendment

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Not really. Anyone who sells them or turns them over is a fool. I own the guns that I own. I do so legally, and have never hurt anyone, with or without a gun. I am not a criminal, and the stroke of a pen does not make me one. Therefore, if someone comes to take my property, in violation of the constitution on which this republic is founded, then they are wrong. At that time they are, in fact, enemies of the Republic. Some of us take that seriously. These politicians take an oath of office. To support and defend the constitution of the United States. By writing or signing these laws, they are violating their oath to us. Any soldier, or police officer has taken the same oath. If they are violating that oath, for whatever reason, they are wrong, and at that time are, in fact, no more than criminals themselves. I wouldn't want to be the guys on that side of the conflict...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wrabbit...I am finding that I agree with just about every post I have come across so far...Thanks for keeping us informed

OP...It's gonna happen one way or the other...I just hope Americans are wiser now than to believe the MSM lies that will, I'm sure, come up after the fact...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
When I read it, it sounded like a threat.
But after watching the video, I changed my mind.

I think what he's trying to say is not that every gun owner is crazy....but rather there are quite a few crazies who own guns.

Whether you agree with a mild form of gun control(and yes, everything proposed so far is rather mild, even if I'm opposed to it) or not, he's probably right about what he said.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

New York gun laws are already WAY beyond "mild". If you think that taking a stand is crazy, then I guess you'd probably think that Rosa Parks was crazy, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
I feel like the whole country is a frog in hot water that's slowly rising to a boil. My only hope is that we realize it as a nation before it's too late. There is power in numbers, but they more they divide us the stronger the hold they have on us is. Only when people stop and realize that now matter how you feel about guns, or gay rights, or abortion, whether your a democrat, republican, libertarian, green party or whatever else. Until WE THE PEOPLE put aside our differences and focus our frustrations where they need to focused which is govt. I don't think we will accomplish anything other then playing right along with whatever "master plan" there may be.

All that being said I do believe they are trying to bait some group into reacting in such a way that they can make an example out of them. "See people with guns are crazy, they had the bad guns that you only need to kill people and wouldn't give them up and now more people are dead". I don't see any good coming out of this, because for a gun owner who believes in the 2nd amendment this is a lose/lose situation. You give up your guns, then your losing your rights and they win. You make a stand to defend your rights, you lose (probably die) they get to label you as crazy and use you to further their agenda, they win.

I'm sure whether real or manufactured they will get what they want either voluntarily or otherwise I suspect.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, you know, one Waco caused a lot of animosity.

Now, consider if you have 200-300 of them going on in one state at the same time. How many people are going to watch the jackboots shoot their neighbor's kids to bits and high five each other? You're going to pretty quickly reach a point where you start backshooting cops at every opportunity.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It may be just me, but when I listened to it, it did not sound like he was supporting the law.

He stated the enforcement of the law would cause problems.

He made the observation that most law abiding people will just reluctantly comply, while others will take a stand. And that it will lead to waco style incidents. Which it sounded like he did not want to see. Saying that “it would not end well” (meaning for everyone) does not sound like he is advocating it.

It looks to me like he is making a blunt observation of the problems that the new law will cause. Saying that water is wet, so to speak.

Now I would have liked to se him openly state he would not enforce such laws, but that does not mean what he stated is advocating such things. He is just saying that the new laws make such a situation inevitable.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I agree, also the frown and shake of the head after he said it. There are NY officials out there that are being way more direct about opposing it, but it doesn't seem like the guy is too happy about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
And look what happened to the WACO people....they were all killed... guns didn't help them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh, you are right. I guess we should all just give up and disarm then.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not on your life. we just have to play our cards right. Pick our battles. It'll be tough going but once we get enough steam we can eventually force to rethink their position.

Oh and I read somewhere in this thread about Drones and Hellfire missiles. Too much collateral damage. After whatever war or battles the government would just have to rebuild anyway. Not to mention the morale of troops would fall as they realize that they are killing innocents.

I'm just saying that hope is not gone until the last man falls. History won't repeat itself, People are waking up. Aurora, Sandy Hook... people are waking up to the horrors of our government. more and more each day. The people won't stand for this. All it takes is one man or woman to stand up and others will rally in the face of tyranny. Hope still lives, and so does America, beating in our hearts, waiting to be restored.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Yep, that was drenched in sarcasm

I have spent 30 years jumping through hoop after hoop after hoop for the government. I am tired of it, and will no longer comply. I just live my life how I see fit, following the one law that matters, not doing anything to maliciously harm another person or their property without provocation. My conscience is clear.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
And look what happened to the WACO people....they were all killed... guns didn't help them.

neither did we, we all sat around and let the government fabricate lies about kokesh.
and watched like it was a frigging carnival ride, while the ATF burned men, women and children to a crisp.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

As is the only way to go about things these days. I just hate the thought of anyone giving up hope during dark times, Especially in a country that was founded upon freedom. Now I can admit I'm afraid as to how things may turn out, So long as there are people like the ones here on ATS then I really have no worries, because I know that when the time comes and everything is done. we'll be just fine. We're a bright bunch.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

All this talk about Waco... I'm glad I was too young to remember this. and that's only 25 minutes from my hometown too. -sighs- I can see it too sadly.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh, you are right. I guess we should all just give up and disarm then.

I didn't say that. But it's a fantasy if you think the US populace could actually defeat the US military in a civil war. Most Americans are fat...and half of them can't aim.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I think it's a fantasy that the goobermint could get the military to attack their own countrymen in the first place myself.
edit on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 05:03:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join