It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by bknapple32

Even if we could, who the hell could afford one?

What is the going rate for a good nuke these days?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Honor93

You realize background checks are just as much for mentally un fit people as they are criminals. What's wrong with that idea
2 things off the top ...
1. define 'mentally unfit'
2. agents of the government have no authority to snoop in medical files, period.

To you and others ...

www.montananewsreports.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">mental health

60% of gun sales include a mental health check . The idea that Some of you do not want any Kind of background Check is alarming.

I'm sorry but I don't Want the mentally unstable to be able to go to a gun show and walk out with a gun. those who want to protect their 2ND ammendment rights who are sensible would have no problem With these kinds of tests.

And those who don't want a test are either hiding something or are completely illogical about the situation'. I cant fix the link using my Samsung note 10.1 tablet,Ugh.
edit on 17-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Seriously...Think about this for a minute....Do you truly believe that if someone is "mentally unstable" enough to buy a traceable gun from a licensed dealer, so that they could then use that gun to commit a crime, that the average gun shop owner or their employees would not see a red flag or two, before the completion of the transaction???

Crazy, is something that EVERYONE can see coming from two miles away, and if they are sane enough to fool the guys who are always protecting their interests, then they can fly under the radar, and even fool the shrinks, too!

So, what you propose is just a hoop to jump through or a handicap, on law-abiding, competent, citizens who are simply exercising their rights!

Do you own any guns? Have you ever even been inside of a gun shop? (Walmart's sporting goods dept. does not count) Do you personally know anyone who owns a gun? Do you even live in the USA?

If you answered yes, to any of those, my guess is that you know why an infringment on a right that should not be infringed, is just about control. Nothing else.

Maybe you should take a break from conspiracies, for a while....It seems to have taken over your natural ability to reason and rationalize, and replaced it with fear and paranoia, about all of the gun-loving, Bubba psychos that are ALL buying legal guns so that they can rush out of the store and start to kill random people in a town near you......

edit on 1/18/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: e

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

how do you figure that ?

your statement was ...

60% of gun sales include a mental health check
it doesn't say 'permit applicants', it says specifically gun sales.

so, what 'mental health check' do 60% of gun consumers endure ?
specifics please, since you claim i'm wrong.

perhaps i'm in a region that doesn't ... i asked for your source or a link that backs up your statement. no need to get nasty.

if the info is in your link, please fix it.

i have never been a fan of background checks because they DON'T WORK.
criminals don't get 'background checks'.
the black market doesn't use 'background checks'.
and quite likely, those who can't pass them now, won't be trying to after the fact
either.

why do i need to come up with a solution that soothes your 'wants' ??
when did that become my duty ?

dude, we did just fine before background checks and considering how often they are wrong, we'd probably do better after they went the way of the dinosaurs. (extinct)

i reluctantly conceded when it was my turn but if i could, i'd take it back in a NY minute.
it's none of the government's business what i bought or own or wield.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

we've danced this tango before and the answer is still, yes.
however outrageously extreme or hyperbolic your analogy is, the answer is still a resounding, yes.

if the oppressor has it, then absolutely equal or better for the home team.
now, can we get back to the topic ?

47 states refuse to follow or enforce Obama's new dictates ... so, how's that Union thing working out these days ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

don't know but you speak as though you have a source, care to share ??

seriously dude, can't you stay on topic in any thread ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
How would background checks, intrusive psychiatric checks, have stopped the tragedy at Sandy Hook?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I need to be the one to take a break from the conspiracies? What? I need to stop the fear mongering? That's what the pro gun Alex Jones crew is doing. I think I'm very much on record that I don't buy any conspiracy involving guns.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Absinthe, I'm on my note tablet and it won't fix. I'm assuming because it's a mobile link. Try googling that sentence, and the article should be one or two on the results.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

National Instant Criminal Background Check System
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is a point-of-sale system for determining eligibility to purchase a firearm in the United States of America. Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders are generally required by law to use the NICS to determine if it is legal to sell a firearm to a prospective purchaser. The NICS determines if the buyer is prohibited from buying a firearm under the Gun Control Act of 1968. It is linked to the National Crime Information Center and the Interstate Identification Index among other databases maintained by the FBI.[1]

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System is applicable to sales from federally licensed dealers. Sales of firearms by private sellers are allowed to proceed without a background check unless required by state law. These regulations remain in place at gun shows, where no special leniency is granted to licensed sellers, and no additional requirements are placed upon private sellers.

NICS is accessed by an FFL, on the firearm buyer's behalf, by phone or computer. When contacted by phone, the communication is either with an FBI/NICS Examiner, who directly receives the information submitted by the FFL, or by proxy through a Call Center representative, who forwards the information electronically to the NICS. Whether an Examiner or a Call Center representative is contacted depends on the state in which the sale is conducted. When using a computer, an FFL representative can submit the buyer's information using the E-Check system which is a web interface to the NICS. An FFL can be an individual or an organization such as a retail store. An organization registered as an FFL minimizes the overhead involved in managing identification for multiple individuals who are employed by the organization.

By law, an FFL must receive a response from the NICS within 3 days or the firearm sale can proceed, although the FFL seller is not required to do so. If, after 3 days, the sale is completed and later it is determined the buyer should not have received the firearm, then the firearm must be retrieved.
Contents

1 Firearm Denial Appeals
2 Persons subject to prohibition
3 References
4 See also

Firearm Denial Appeals

If a buyer believes that the denial is erroneous based on a match to a record returned by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), the buyer may appeal the decision, by either challenging the accuracy of the record used in the evaluation of the denial or claiming that the record used as basis for the denial is invalid or does not pertain to the buyer.[2] The provisions for appeals are outlined in the NICS Regulations at Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.10, and Subsection 103 (f) and (g) and Section 104 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993.
Persons subject to prohibition

Sections 922(g) and (n) of the Gun Control Act[3] prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:[1]

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
Is a fugitive from justice
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution
Is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions
Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship
Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner
Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

In addition to local, state, tribal, and federal agencies voluntarily contributing information to the NICS Index, the NICS Section receives telephone calls from mental health institutions, psychiatrists, police departments, and family members requesting placement of individuals into the NICS Index. Frequently, these are emergency situations and require immediate attention. Any documentation justifying a valid entry into the NICS Index must be available to the originating agencies.[1]
References

^ a b c www.fbi.gov...
^ Davidson, Charlie. "FBI Background Check Denial Appeal Process". Retrieved 25 April 2012.
^ United States Code, Title 18, Chapter 44 (at the Cornell Law School's Legal Information Institute)

NICS Program Summary

See also

Background check
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Criminal record
Drug test
FBI
Form 4473
Licensure
Sex offender

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey maybe you guys can just learn to shoot more accurately and not need those high capacity clips. It is called skill. Get some.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I need to be the one to take a break from the conspiracies? What? I need to stop the fear mongering? That's what the pro gun Alex Jones crew is doing. I think I'm very much on record that I don't buy any conspiracy involving guns.

But yet, you have this image of "crazies" stocking up on their WMDs, if we don't create a system that will prevent them from doing so...

I'm trying to understand your thought process here...That's all.

So, are you going to answer any of the questions?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

don't know but you speak as though you have a source, care to share ??

seriously dude, can't you stay on topic in any thread ?

Again just because you say something didn't mean you are correct or being honest. If I'm so off topic All the time, then all my posts should be getting removed. I don't think I've had an off typical post in weeks. Nay, one perhaps.

Back in topic, this thread revolves around guns and obamas executive order being ignored. So talking about those types of orders is very on topic. Another stay I'll give ya is roughly 85% of us citizens support background checks. It was a recent Washington Post, or wall St journal poll. I'll look for it and link properly when I get off my new tablet and go back to the laptop.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

But yet, you have this image of "crazies" stocking up on their WMDs, if we don't create a system that will prevent them from doing so...

I'm trying to understand your thought process here...That's all.

So, are you going to answer any of the questions?

Did you read my post at all, i said using his thinking not mine

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Hey maybe you guys can just learn to shoot more accurately and not need those high capacity clips. It is called skill. Get some.

And that's the point. If it's about hunting and protecting just the home, they don't need ar15s. Is not about overthrowing the gov. It can't be, cause that's impossible. Unless of course one thinks like honor and believes citizens should own nukes.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Just another President enforcing "executive decisions" & "executive actions"..............

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

i did and it doesn't exist with either search parameter.
not the montananewsreports or the "60%" claim you made.
sorry, can't support what i cannot review.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

He said that those are the things he can accomplish now by executive order only-- possibly implying he may do more.

On top of this, NY has passed a law, and I believe new federal laws are being discussed by congress, in case you haven't been paying attention (or chose to conveniently ignore those facts).

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I just want to say that after reading your replies I am now quite certain that you are thoroughly misinformed on a lot of subjects.

The End.
edit on 18-1-2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

What is the going rate for a good nuke these days?

That's the WORST case of Apples to Oranges, I ever saw.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

I just want to say that after reading your replies I am now quite certain that you are thoroughly misinformed on a lot of subjects.

The End.
edit on 18-1-2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

You don't know what you're talking about.

Whew, that was easy and fun. I see why trolls go on personal attacks when they run out of things to debate.

Care to enlighten without using opinion and conjecture on what I'm misinformed about?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join