It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

What a refreshing view from across the pond....!

I wholeheartedly agree! But, one must ask...Why do some feel that it is OK for LEOs and the military to possess or have access to certain types of weapons, but can't seem to apply their own logic to the average citizen?

Is it the training? Is it the oath? Is it the heirarchy involved, or the level of organization? The uniform? Why can a cop or soldier have a fully automatic M-16 in the trunk of their patrol car or HMMWV, but for the average citizen, it must be unacceptable?

I'm curious why some see the military and law enforcement in a different light than any other Patriot?

Picture this...If you were charged with protecting the citizens of a particular area, and were trained and armed and paid, to do so, would you feel slighted, if your bosses, suddenly fired or relieved of duty, 80% of your co-workers?

Now, apply this across the board. The police and the military, MUST have some notion that a law-abiding gun owner, is not just a benefit to their ability to perform their jobs, but a necessity! How many times have the cops been pulling their hair out, trying to reduce crime, only to have the bad guys, slip away into the night? Now, how refreshing must it be, for those same cops, to see a civilian stop a threat, or assist in the apprehension of a wanted felon? If we are disarmed, won't the streets be MORE dangerous for law enforcement???

Now, what if the US was invaded? I know, far fetched, but indulge me...Would our military feel better knowing that the average American would stand by their side in defense of our Country? How would they feel if 100,000,000 potential soldiers were relieved of the ability to assist them?

Please tell me what you think.....

GF

edit on 1/17/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well said, sir.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76

Originally posted by Ghost375
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

So we're suppose to wait around until they pass something to then protest?
I would think the best thing to do is to react accordingly. Take the time to read what is going on and discern for yourself what this all means.
Instead what I see is people creating an enemy that does not exist and are ready to fight and possibly die when it is not necessary.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don't like this... all TPTB have to do is throw one crazy in the mix, have him start firing and all hell will break loose

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You realize background checks are just as much for mentally un fit people as they are criminals. What's wrong with that idea
2 things off the top ...
1. define 'mentally unfit'
2. agents of the government have no authority to snoop in medical files, period.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have an idea that I think those who want guns banned would be satisfied with and those that own guns could accept as reasonable (maybe?).

I'm assuming in this day and age we have the technology to make this possible. What I suggest is to create a law that would require gun owners, gun manufacturers, and sales persons to upgrade guns with the technology to render a gun obsolete in public places.

like I said I assume we have the technology to do this, hopfully it would be advanced enough to be tamper proof. This I think would be a solution we all could agree on, then we could move on because one thing this debate has done is divide us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications. It is NOT JUST ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

do you mean public places like schools and cinemas and malls and such ??
what good could that possibly do ?

guns obtained on the black market aren't going to have such 'technology' so while theirs work, ours don't ??
what kind of solution is that

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Honor93

Obviously it wouldn't be an over night solution, no solution would be. The receivers in public places that would shut off guns could have an emergency shut off that would enable guns to work, either by the press of a button or program it to swithch guns back on at the sound of a gun shot. Its just an idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its just an idea to keep your guns from getting banned yet would satisfy those that want them gone.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

actually, the 'overnight' solution does exist, however, no one seems willing to implement it.

eliminate ALL Gun Free Zones.
promote gun ownership, training & safety for all citizens.
Nature or Darwin will take care of the rest.

yes it was just an idea ... please consider a new one

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Passed on December 31, the NDAA continues the tradition the unconstitutional Patriot-Act and grants essentially dictatorial powers to the Federal Government to arrest any American Citizen without warrant and to indefinitely detain them without charge. The NDAA violates the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Amendments, and most of the Bill of Rights.
IMPEACH OBAMA
The State of Illinois at the Capital ...........1/19/2013
We the people will be signing a petition.
IMPEACH OBAMA
White House now requires ‘We the People’ petitions to have 100,000 signatures for official response

I don’t remember having any vote on that. Oh yeah that’s right, because we don’t have a voice anymore.
edit on 17-1-2013 by madenusa because: date

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Honor93

Your coming off as if your offended by my idea, why? With this tech implemented all zones could be gun free, it would only make it to where the law abiding citizen isn't the first to shot but in a time of need would allow you to defend yourself. I know its a pipe dream but would you not agree this is a better solution than flat out banning guns?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Mean't to say eliminate gun free zones, no way to edit that on mobile :/

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

When is this happening? I wish I could write a letter to my Governor, letting him know how I feel about our gun laws and any new ones coming into effect. But, I live in Illinois and he will back Obama in anything he does. I guarantee our new concealed carry law will be so strict there's almost no chance of getting one. I'm glad to see States standing up to Obama and letting the people's wishes be heard. Just wish this was one of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.

It's not like pro-gun extremist are known for their intelligence.

But this thread is dishonest anyway, since this "national gun appreciation day" was scheduled way before Obama made any announcement.

But what exactly are they protesting? Protesting against making schools safer and getting people with mental issues more help???

Good job gun owners, you are sure gonna show Obama.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I thought the second amendment wasn't the right to own guns, but the right to take up arms against the government, a people's militia if you will, if the Government is deemed to be oppressive or needs to be overturned. Which means, they can put as much restriction on amounts of ammo, types of ammo, etc, and they won't break the second amendment or infringe on it. You can still take your guns and form a militia and rise up against the Government.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thousands you say...wow..thousands..

but in a land of millions...

Reagan banned assult weapons
2nd amendment does not ensure you have a right to extended magazines.
Get over it.

If its on WND..you know its false.
Batboy would be proud.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So naive.

This is how they have always done it. They start the movement with a snowball...that ultimately becomes an avalanche. Where have you been, on a different planet?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I tried to post this idea and the youtube links in 2 previous attempts here on ATS and they were removed, I'm glad you figured how to do it! Star for you!

Bill

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join