It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The forefathers didn't give you the right to assault rifles.

GOD did. The right to self-defense is GOD-Given. It is GOVERNMENTS that try to take away these rights.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

The governments have been successful in Europe.
Thank God Obama is being stopped by the 2nd Amendment!

Presidents come and go. The 2nd Amendment stays!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2013 by ArcAngel because: Close minded People

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkinsFan913
So in other words there will be a meeting of paranoid, gun-loving nutcases, with a propensity to hate others not like them going on this weekend in several states. I bet these protests will be a sea of old white men wearing handguns, dressed in American flags and rebel flags holding the most hateful signs one can imagine. Get ready folks.....the circus is coming to town LMAO!!

So, let me get this straight. You believe people who do not trust the Government are paranoid and if they cherish and are prepared to defend our Constitution or more specifically, our 2nd Amendment, they are mostly a bunch of old gun-loving white guy nutcases who wrap themselves in our American Flag (Confederate Flag and other flags too) like a tunic, while they go traipsing around singing songs and carrying signs, mostly saying, hooray for our side and everybody who does agree with them are a bunch of Godless Un-American Luciferians who they'd like to send straight to hell. I see that I have slightly embellished your comments but that's your general meaning, right?

Well now, I have to agree to some extent with what you have conveyed here but of course, we are not all Old White Guys, not all Gun Loving, not all Nutcases and the majority of us don't march or carry signs; we are mostly waiting quietly or in my case, wasting my time battling prattle on forums like this but, I must confess that most of us do Hate the Godless Luciferians who have seized control of our Government and believe if there is a Hell, we should do our part in sending the enemies of our country and American Way of Life, there.

But just to show you we have a heart and a sense of humor, here's a song you reminded me of:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
We all have our personal position on this issue. Each side of this polarized coin throw statistics around to support their beliefs often twisting the data without truly understanding what the numbers mean. But this data is based upon the past, numbers from a history of violence and death over a century.

So, our Vice President has selected some proposals and presented to an overly enthusiastic president for implementation. And whatever your position on them, at the end of the day if all of these proposals were in place at the Newtown massacre, I don't believe any of the children would have been spared. The Bushmaster would still have been used as it would be grand fathered in and even if the magazine capacity was 10 rounds, they can be switched in less than a second. Nor would they stop the killing and maiming in Chicago, Detroit and any other Urban areas as those weapons are mostly illegally obtained, which for some reason, there's no main stream media coverage. But I digress in my prelude.

So, does anyone besides the military really need an AR-15 or AK-47? Not in my opinion (and I own one). A handgun serves my needs for self defense. For hunting, a .30 caliber is better and it doesn't require a 30 round magazine.

So why do people (civilians) want these weapons? I believe it is fear. Fear of the government, fear of the minorities coming from the inner city to take what they have if the welfare runs out, fear of losing their second amendment rights and many other situations I will not mention. So weapons are purchased, traded for and stored in closets, caches, vaults. These same weapons are stolen and then used on the street, in Mexico or sold to faceless people on Armslist.com.

And who are the majority of these fearful people? From my perspective in the midwest, they are middle aged overweight white men. I see them every weekend when I am teaching concealed carry classes, I see them at the range when I am practicing, I hear their bigotry, I see the fear on their faces. What I don't see is their empathy for what happened in Newtown, Aurora or any other place of gun violence tragedy. Or their perspectives that they may be part of the problem, impeding a solution to safe guard each citizen of our country against this kind of mayhem.

What is the answer? Limit ammunition? Ban all weapons? Imprison all mentally ill people? Better yet, take all of the mentally ill people, gun owners and overweight middle aged white men and put them in isolated FEMA camps?

By looking at the big picture with all the little stories coming out since 2008. it's looking a lot like 1937-1939 Germany.

And this makes me very fearful, a middle aged white guy (not overweight). And maybe, this is why they are fearful also.

I live in a city where the murder rate is ridiculously high and i tell you the minorities here are clamoring to get guns to protect themselves. Im not middle aged and my dads side of the family ( they are black) believe in gun rights your post is uninformative, RACIST, and misleading... AT BEST.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

That's exactly why I'm registered Independent. I don't trust any of them and I refuse to take sides.
They're all corrupt liars if you ask me.

I could not agree with this more! The system is so f'd up one can't tell where the corruption ends anymore. Our country is like a computer in desperate need of a system restore.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

That's exactly why I'm registered Independent. I don't trust any of them and I refuse to take sides.
They're all corrupt liars if you ask me.

Thomas Jefferson was not a corrupt liar.

" When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears
the people, there is liberty."

Thank God for Thomas Jefferson!

Afterthought is talking about current politics, not the founding fathers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

What the hell does this issue have to do with race, weight, etc? It doesn't matter who you are, it affects every US citizen regardless.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by Ghost375

In those "orders" he bans assault rifles and mags with more than 10 rounds, which is more than some studies no matter how you spin it.

That is not the point! We have the RIGHT to own whatever arms we want.....That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment and NOBODY can take that away!

If I want an assault rifle, the forefathers gave me that RIGHT forever!! No ifs, ands, or BUTTS about it......

It is my RIGHT and I will obide by what my forefathers wrote down for rules and standards to which we are to follow....This was made in the first place for people EXACTLY like Obama, so they can never do what he is doing now!

PERIOD!!!

TA.....Great post.....I love it how even federal employees of individual states are rallying against the regime of Obama and his crooked administration!!

We pay your salary Obama and clowns following......How dare you!!
edit on 1/17/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

You mean you want to take up arms just like the Civil war, and the addition to Slavery??

right now americans are ADDICTED to GUNS, the same way we were ADDICTED to SLAVERY.
Does this sound familiar? You will NOT take our SLAVES!!! Same as "You will NOT take our GUNS."

When will everyone realize that guns are not right. Do you believe in Jesus or Buddha, etc? If so, would they carry guns or weapons?? Would they fight and KILL for protection?? NO. Honestly Nobody life is worth more than another person's life. We are all equal. No matter how bad or messed up, or criminal you are, we are all the same. No one deserves to die. Everyone needs help, and some need help more than others.

That person that tries to rob you. Perhaps they are poor and hungry and that's all they know (Go see the movie Les Miserables, and about forgiveness with the criminal Jean Valjean). Perhaps they need whatever they stole from you, more than what you do. Perhaps you give it to them, and ask if they need more.

Guns only begat more violence. All it takes is for someone with an anger problem to then feel that they can take another's life, and then they can do it easily.

We as americans are addicted to POWER. Having a gun provides a false sense of POWER. Which means those who own guns are WEAK. You can't solve your problems with words, or your hands, that you must take a weapon. WEAK. We as americans are FEARFUL. Why are you so scared of your fellow man, that you need to own a killing machine? Do you need to own NUKES as well? for proection? At what point, do you stop being SCARED, and face the truth of reality, and help your fellow human.

We all need help. We must all choose NOT to be SCARED. Be strong, without a weapon. Help those that transgress against you. Solve your problems with your fellow man. Stop trying to be BETTER than anyone else. We are all the same.

Just like Slavery was WRONG. Gun ownership is wrong as well. Yes in the 1600's and 1700's and 1800's, slavery was OK, and so was guns. Because we hadn't EVOLVED far enough consciously yet. Hopefully by now, in the year 2013, we will WAKE UP and expand our consciousness to know that slavery is bad, as well as having an easy killling machine such as a gun is wrong. Not one life should be taken no matter how bad they are. enlighten one another, and realize you are only as strong as your weakest link. Think about the homeless and the less fortunate than your self.

A good man with a fist may kill one or two before being tackled. A good man with a knife may cause a lot of blood but maybe only 2-3 people before he gets tackled. however a good man with a gun can kill 20 people in a less than a minute. Does that seem right to you? What are you scared of? FACE YOUR FEAR. head on.

When the POWER of LOVE, overcomes the love of power, the WORLD will know PEACE.

An Eye for an Eye, leaves everyone Blind.

You don't fight hatred with more hatred, you fight it with Love. You don't fight FIRE with FIRE, you fight it with WATER.

ponder on those thoughts.

namaste.

Can you write this to the president? If you can convince him that nukes need to be destroyed, drones need to be destroyed, all of our troops need to be brought home all of the guns belonging to militaries need to be destroyed, dissolve secret service, FBI, TSA, ATF, CIA, DHS etc, etc, then your idea has merit and I would gladly give up my right to use a firearm to protect myself. Until then, no way in hell!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't understand why this is being done on a Saturday when no lawmakers will even be working or around for that matter. There is also a nationwide open carry rally that was scheduled for February 8th at all of the state capitols. That is the one I will be attending as there are speakers scheduled and it is happening on a buisness day rather than an off day.

]
edit on 18/1/13 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Help!!!
The link isn't working for me....
www.facebook.com...#!/events/517880014909203/
edit on 18-1-2013 by relocator because: added bad link

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Why do people need military style rifles in the first place?
Why do they need high capacity ammo clips?
Why are they so afraid of having "real" background checks to purchase a gun?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Why I carry a gun...

My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing an armed thug, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

In those "orders" he bans assault rifles and mags with more than 10 rounds, which is more than some studies no matter how you spin it.

That is not the point! We have the RIGHT to own whatever arms we want.....That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment and NOBODY can take that away!

If I want an assault rifle, the forefathers gave me that RIGHT forever!! No ifs, ands, or BUTTS about it......

It is my RIGHT and I will obide by what my forefathers wrote down for rules and standards to which we are to follow....This was made in the first place for people EXACTLY like Obama, so they can never do what he is doing now!

PERIOD!!!

TA.....Great post.....I love it how even federal employees of individual states are rallying against the regime of Obama and his crooked administration!!

We pay your salary Obama and clowns following......How dare you!!
edit on 1/17/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Free speech is also a right, but that doesn't mean you can yell "FIRE" in crowds. So yes, rights do come with "ifs, ands, or buts"
get over it

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Big difference, and no comparison. Yelling fire actually hurts other people..... Owning several guns however harms no one, unless an idiot tries to break in or something.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by usmc0311

Help!!!
The link isn't working for me....
www.facebook.com...#!/events/517880014909203/
edit on 18-1-2013 by relocator because: added bad link

Sorry couldn't get the link to work but I did edit my post with a photo with info on the event.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by therealdemoboy

The governments have been successful in Europe.
Thank God Obama is being stopped by the 2nd Amendment!

Presidents come and go. The 2nd Amendment stays!

????? Successful in what?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

With an aim toward starting any discussion in reality...He did not ban anything...He didn't issue executive "orders" by the way. They were executive "actions" which look to strengthen EXISTING laws...Background checks etc.

And the AW ban wasn't even amongst his executive "actions"...which are weaker tools than "orders"

He did ASK CONGRESS to re-instate the ban....From asking Congress to do something to issuing an "order"...Folks...can we start the discussion from a place other than the idealogical doll-house, make believe world?

ASKED CONGRESS!...Not "executive order"...How has that asking congress to do something worked out for him so far?

Second: Congress should restore a ban on military-style assault weapons, and a 10-round limit for magazines. (Applause.) The type of assault rifle used in Aurora, for example, when paired with high-capacity magazines, has one purpose -- to pump out as many bullets as possible, as quickly as possible; to do as much damage, using bullets often designed to inflict maximum damage.

And that's what allowed the gunman in Aurora to shoot 70 people -- 70 people -- killing 12 in a matter of minutes. Weapons designed for the theater of war have no place in a movie theater. A majority of Americans agree with us on this.

And, by the way, so did Ronald Reagan, one of the staunchest defenders of the Second Amendment, who wrote to Congress in 1994, urging them -- this is Ronald Reagan speaking -- urging them to “listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of [military-style assault] weapons.” (Applause.)

NO ORDER...NOT EVEN AN "ACTION" Banning "Assault Weapons"...He asked Congress to look at it. You think the GOP in Congress will pass it?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

I feel people are just looking for reasons to be upset. I agree that military grade weapons should be kept off the streets because some have proved time and time again that we are a violent species.

Automatic weapons won't just disappear over night and that is known to a lot of those, "nutcases," who, in my opinion, will be the first to prove again why Obama has asked for reinsatement.
Sure the law has automatic weapons, why wouldn't they? Most of those police officers are good men who in a situation of a mad man shooting up a school will want to carry a weapon that is up to par. As for the military, well that is just common sense.

People are misinterpreting everything that is being said. Most of those people haven't even read or seen anything about it, they are just going off hear say.

edit on 18-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join