It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got an email from the "FBI"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
if it's not already on this site www.419eater.com... then it should be!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Receiving just an email from the FBI should be a clear indicator it's spam. Smashing down doors and holding a gun to your head is more their style isn't it?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

If you have time on your hands, create a gmail account to mess with them with. I've wasted the time of many a 419'er. The time they spend wasted with me is time NOT spent actually ripping someone off.

Check out www.419eater.com... for more people messing with the scammers.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Scam, I received one similar a few months back, and against their wishes, as stated in the top of the e-mail I forwarded to a good friend in ATF, he ask a friend of his in the FBI regarding the e-mail and he agree it was fake...

So fake it is!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I smell bullsh t. I seriously doubt that the FBI would send such a grammatically incorrect e-mail to you, or even that they would send you an e-mail in the first place, rather than snail mail. Nice try, though. Either you are making it up, or someone's playing a not so intelligent joke on you. If the latter is the case, than you should be smarter than to fall for that.
edit on 17/1/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Tears in eyes, laughng too hard to type

S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I smell bullsh t. I seriously doubt that the FBI would send such a grammatically incorrect e-mail to you, or even that they would send you an e-mail in the first place, rather than snail mail. Nice try, though. Either you are making it up, or someone's playing a not so intelligent joke on you. If the latter is the case, than you should be smarter than to fall for that.

Thanks for your understanding and uplifting post. It is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

I am not smart enough to toy with them like that. But I applaud those who are doing it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm in Canada and I got the same email for the third time.
It went with the rest, directly to recycle bin.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I got the same email scam, 3 times. We're not making it up. Maybe you are just not that popular with the scammers....

Des

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes, it's a scam.

No, it's not without value... write 'em back and have some fun with them.

419 Baiter

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hey Grinder... sometimes folks get even with scammers
This is HILARIOUS!!

419eater.com...

Sometimes you come across fellow human beings who can only be described as vile creatures, undeserving of the space they inhabit on this planet. The "reverend" Nicholas Okorie is one such pathetic excuse for a human being. Nicholas has contacted me purporting to represent a charity organisation collecting money for the Pakistan earthquake appeal. Such people are deserving of much more than the normal scammer humiliation, so I make no excuses for my treatment of Nicholas here. This guy gets off lightly in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Yes, it's a scam.

No, it's not without value... write 'em back and have some fun with them.

419 Baiter

ACK! Sorry.. I didnt even see your post before I posted it!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Your attention is needed immediately We have been informed through our global intelligence monitoring network that the sum of $10.500, 000.00, has been released from a bank in Africa bearing your name as the beneficiary without dist certificate to clear your name and fund from every terrorist or drug or money laundering activities

I stopped reading after that. You probably just got yourself infected with malware. Sounds like a scam, I'm pretty sure the FBI would come knock on your door.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm a little slow here...

You mean, I'm not getting any money?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Impersonating a federal authority is a serious crime, isnt it? As to whether or not they can/will trace the email, i do not know.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I,thought these things from Nigeria had stopped but it seems not. I sometimes reply and,tell them to,send me some money so,that I,can get a taxi to,the bank etc or else tell them to F off which usually works.
Delete the email and put it in spam where it belongs ...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your pretty sure it's a scam?????????

But not enough to post it for comment just in case?

Check yourself in for a reality check dude. You need someone to look at you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Damn FBI budget so low now they have to email people rather then showing up in person lmao..

These nigerians have some pretty big balls pretending to be the FBI that may be one company they don't want to impersonate...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Come ON! that is typical Nigerian scam, this stuff has been going on since the 60's.

I did an image search for the picture at the bottom, it took 5 seconds to do, and if that is the guy who emailed you - WOW you got an email from the director of the FBI!?!?!

Robert Mueller

I would have thought the dirctor of the FBI had better things to do and certainly would have had better grammar than displayed in the email.

No flag, no star, this is pathetic!
edit on 17/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join