It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got an email from the "FBI"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Isn't that badge # the same one that Agent Fox Mulder users in the X Files?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Scams are getting better and better thats for sure. Maybe ask them to send someone to your door with proper ID. LOL Good luck

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Nice.... forward it to the FTC and the FBI Computer Crimes division and let them have a good laugh..

I know I did..

DO NOT PRINT /FORWARD THIS MAIL ITS AGAINST THE FBI LAW

There's no such thing as "the FBI Law"

secret diplomatic transit payment

Where do I get one of DESE? I want I want!!!!!! Tax Free Dollars...

top bank in the united state

What State? I wanna go, they have Money...

Finally if you truly want to receive this funds without F.B.I troubles then reconfirm the following below

This funds? Without F.B.I troubles? Even google translate would do better...

(BADGE NUMBER JTT047101111)

Why would someone from the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTT) be trying to give you Money, maybe I can get some of dis money and help them write better emails..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I get those emails, and I have had the fbi one, I forward the emails to the real fbi, or who ever they are impersonating.

Always works.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
you could report it to the FBI but then they will hack you sys and see what you see...

Somehow I think I would trust a Nigerian scammer long before I would ever trust the FBI.

Report it to the FBI?

NOTTTT...

EDIT: Just now read ADVISOR's post just above this one...

I would be scared spitless to do that.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
groingrinder
Ive received the same thing in my email before but if you go to the real FBI website it talks about the email being a scam...
I also get Ebay emails telling me to update my account thats another scam wanting your personal info there is tons of different scams going on be careful and just delete them..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I love how billionaire telecommunications companies, FBI, foreign treasury departments and such have hotmail accounts for the CEO's.

its a killer!

for the fifth time this month I've inherited millions from ancestors i never knew I had.. I swear im the luckiest guy ever. I sent the money off, but havent recieved my cheque yet, im assuming with the wars and customs and such its been delayed. No matter, I quit my job anyways, being rich now and all. So im sure when the postman drops it off ill be home to receive it personally!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I knew it was a scam as soon as I read this:

ITS AGAINST THE FBI LAW

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes, it's a scam. I conversed with one of these scammers once for my own amusement.
The people who fall for this crap deserve it.
Pathetic people, both sides. I can't begin to imagine what damage anyone with actual social engineering skills can do when things like this rake in money.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Your pretty sure it's a scam?????????

But not enough to post it for comment just in case?

Check yourself in for a reality check dude. You need someone to look at you.

Are you even posting to the correct thread? Look at the very first post and read it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
When I get those emails, and I have had the fbi one, I forward the emails to the real fbi, or who ever they are impersonating.

Always works.

Unless somebody in my family gets kidnapped, I am content to leave the FBI out of my life. No offense.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Damn scammers.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You say that like it's a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's a scam. The FBI would likely contact you face to face. I receive email like this all the time. Also the picture of the FBI agent is really low quality.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If any one gets kidnapped, please call Semper and I.

We will get there and help, probably before the FBI gets on scene. But, yes I only forward them so the email info is known, headers etc.

I have worked with the FBI a few times, and they are not evil suits looking to cointelpro somebody. Usually they are suspicious plain cloths fellas, who always ask me if I am an agent. Or, what I do and such, then when I try to tell them they seem to disregard it, and later they ask again if I am an agent, as if.

But then, look at it like this, as suspicious as most people are of the FBI, they seem to be that way around prior service active duty types. lol.

Same thing with the Juniper Three fiasco. Good times...

Nah, unless your laundering money for "Al gay duh", and not giving uncle Sam his cut, no one has any thing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've actually just re-read it and this jumped out at me:

"any action taken (or not taken)"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join