It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A 1st, NYC Police Plan to Ask Pharmacies to Stock GPS Pill Bottles to Track Thieves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What? No way, I don't think so! Not to track thieves but to track you!

By Associated Press, Published: January 15 NEW YORK — Police in New York City plan to combat the theft of painkillers and other highly addictive prescription medicines by asking pharmacies to hide fake pill bottles fitted with GPS devices amid the legitimate supplies on their shelves. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly is expected to unveil the plan Tuesday at a La Quinta, Calif., conference on health issues hosted by former President Bill Clinton’s foundation.

While pharmacies elsewhere in the country have experimented with so-called bait bottles in the past couple of years, the New York Police Department would take a more comprehensive approach by encouraging thousands of pharmacies to stock the bottles.

Another statement from the article:

Prescription drug abuse “can serve as a gateway to criminal activities, especially among young people,” the commissioner says. “When pills become too expensive, addicts are known to resort to cheaper drugs such as heroin and coc aine. They turn to crime to support their habit.”

The NYPD has begun creating a database of the roughly 6,000 pharmacies in the New York City area with plans to have officers visit them and recommend security measures like better alarm systems and lighting of storage areas. Kelly says it also will ask them to adopt use of the bottles with GPS devices.

OUTRAGEOUS! New York, you have gone over the edge!!!! This is not going to curtail drug addiction!!

My WARNING Message to All New Yorker's:

Good Morning, we will be monitoring your activities today, including your meals. Please be advised, if you choose to indulge in soda you MUST NOT exceed the 16oz. limit. This will be your only warning! All violators will be flogged and placed on "The Rack!" NO EXCEPTIONS!

If you are recovering from surgery, you are to take your Pain medication EXACTLY as prescribed! If you do not obtaining pain relief, you are NOT to take another pill one minute early. You MUST Not DEVIATE from the directions. Any attempt to pry open your bolted dispenser Is Punishable by death. We know where you are, ALWAYS.

Smile, we see you. Have a nice day and remember, place all RUBBER eating utensils in the proper container.

Come on ATS, what do you think? Your thoughts, please.

Pax

washingtonpost.com

edit on 1/17/2013 by paxnatus because: fix quotes

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Advertising the move takes all the teeth out of it.

Like I cant dump a punch of pills into a baggie?

When's the last time a dealer handed anyone a little red prescription bottle?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not trying to be rude but you should read your own post again.

The GPS devices are in fake bottles stored w/ the real ones. The idea being a thief or robber will just grab all of them and will get a tracker along w/ them. Banks do something similar w/ traps secreted in stacks of bills which are kept around to be put into the money a bank robber takes w/ them. I even know of one case where this was successful in tracking the robber down immediately afterwards.

If they were putting GPS trackers in all pill bottles I could understand your issue but the pharmacy is not going to be handing out the fake trackers to patients....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

No, you are misunderstanding, I thought that at first too, but if you look closely at the article they will be dispensing the fake with the real to the patients. I believe it is to monitor all of us!!.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Like people who use actually take the bottle, sheeze.

They will have to place 'markers' in the pills themselves which will be visible to the drones ...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Good points, however what we are discussing here is the first step leading to the next which can get out of control fast in today's theater of tyranny.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

edit on 1/17/2013 by paxnatus because: ooops double post

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Good points, however what we are discussing here is the first step leading to the next which can get out of control fast in today's theater of tyranny.

Antar, Hey!!! I need you to be my editor!! Yes, this was my point i just never really came out and said it! Thank you for clarifying!!

Exactly, I see this scenario coming. Soon the govt. will be monitoring HOW we take our Meds!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Pretty much everybody has GPS tracking on them now. It's called a cell phone and they are free apparently. Not to mention newer cars have GPS. It is far too late to discuss the governments ability to track you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They are decoy bottles and not the small ones consumers get but the large 500-1000 pill count bottles that are stocked on the shelf.

No, you are misunderstanding, I thought that at first too, but if you look closely at the article they will be dispensing the fake with the real to the patients. I believe it is to monitor all of us!!.

There was no mention of patients or consumers anywhere in that article.
edit on 1/17/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Yeah, and unfortunately most the people who have the cell phones couldn't care less that they can be tracked. Because to them, if they aren't doing something wrong then there's no reason for them to be worried. What many people fail to realize, and I don't think I need to tell you this, is that one day in a second, with a change of a law or whatnot, they can become a target "criminal." People just don't think these things through.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
New York and NYC are broke. So the Mayor of NYC ordered all the doctors to stop prescribing narcotics.

All the people with cancer and other painful ailments now can't get narcotics. The State/City needs them dead to save money. Plus those people are on their death beds and will pay people THOUSANDS to people who'll go out and steal a bottle of medication for them....to keep them alive.

Win-Win....it'll bring revenue in for Government and kill off all those old/sick people draining Government.

Why do YOU think the Mayor of NYC recently ordered all the Docs to stop prescribing narcotics? The Mayor's using his Executive (Dictator) powers and deciding who's going to live and who's going to die.

Don't live in New York.....not good for your health.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I didn't know that happened. How is he able to get away with that? BTW I live in NY State. Sucks to be me. For sooooo many reasons. New York has some of the most ridiculously strict and convoluted laws!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Insurance conglomerates, Pharmaceutical take overs and the food/commodities distribution networks. The mice need to be fully observed for the experiment to be a success.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I read the entire article and nowhere in it does it say anything about GPS tracking being used for anything other than the fake bottles which would be kept in the pharmacy and would only leave if stolen or slipped into a robber's bad of goodies.

Again, you are completely misrepresenting the article by claiming this has anything to do with tracking normal patients in any way.

Please quote the part of the article which contains this supposed tracking of prescriptions for normal patients.

I like a good conspiracy as much as anyone but in this case the entire thread is based on false assumptions or misreading of the source material.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Eco, go back and read what I said to antar! This is only the beginning is the point of the thread!! I did misunderstand initially, yet I do not trust what they are saying and based on the ridiculous laws coming out of N.Y.
I'm not too far off!

Pax

top topics

join