It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora project just a cover up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Before I get immediately shot down like I did in my very first post on this website, I am not declaring evidence that the Aurora project is a cover up. I am merely sparking a debate on it.

Going through the archives of ATS and looking at several Aurora threads, I couldn't help but notice something. Everyone who see's the famed black triangle with 3 lights always pretty much de-bunks the "UFO" as Aurora. But I'm sorry, do you really hide a secret project by throwing 3 huge lights on it and blearing it at the public? COME ON PEOPLE!! The US government is not stupid. They know how many people are interested in Aurora, so why not let us speculate and talk about it. Why not put a triangle balloon with lights on it to divert our attention. (NOT SAYING BLACK TRIANGLES ARE BALLOONS).

The whole Aurora thing is surely just a cover up? I mean leading us on at this triangle, diverting us away from something else. Or are the black triangles really Aliens?

I don't know, that's what I think anyway.

Your thoughts?

(MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD IF YOU FEEL IT'S IN THE WRONG PLACE

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nah, i believe the Aurora Projects are real. They are really High Level "Black Programs"....from what ive been told by some Air Force buddies. They do exist. They are not the "Triangle Balloons" (lmao) From what im told is that these programs are not even fully funded by the government themselves. The people that do work on, in or around these programs have a security clearance so high that they have no identity anymore...given-up....however, some top military personnel do see the Black Projects and even the top brass only get a clearance for an alotted time frame.......1/2 hrs, 1.5 hrs,...etc....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

Hmm thats a good point! Like I said I'm not fighting tooth and nail for this, just a thought.

And in regards to my triangle balloons (hahaha) I was using them as an example! Please don't think I look up at night expecting to see a balloon with some 4 year old on the bottom of the rope who forgot to let go haha

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i believe aurora is real but i also believe it is diversion, let me explain.
I believe aurora is real but that they are also working on projects that are more advanced and high tech than aurora,so in a sense aurora is a lower tech diversion from the really good stuff that they are working on.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Awesome thinking my friend!

You know I think if it people knowing about Aurora etc was such a big deal... ATS would have been shut down years ago!

There has to be more secret hi-tech stuff going on!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have always thought it odd, lets build a top secret aviation vehicle, but lets put big lights on it and fly near populated areas......

But I do believe that Amercia and others like using the idea of UFOs to explain, confuse or distract from flying objects in the sky.......

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
reply to post by Tardacus

Awesome thinking my friend!

You know I think if it people knowing about Aurora etc was such a big deal... ATS would have been shut down years ago!

There has to be more secret hi-tech stuff going on!

yep, exactly
if people know about it it`s because the government wants them to know about it,if the government wants you to know about it then you can be sure that it isn`t the really good stuff, because the government never lets us know about the relly good stuff that they are secretly working on.
aurora is the diversion that the government can point to in case anyone accidentally sees or gets wind of the "really good" stuff.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The name Aurora was used as the unclassified budget requirements for the B-2 before they were built. Someone saw the line item, said "Oh my god, it's the SR-71 replacement!" and it was off and running. Because you know, they're going to put a deep black project in an unclassified budget listing. Then some odd contrails were sighted, and it took on a life of its own and has been going ever since.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The best place to hide a tree is in the forest! Tardacus has a very good point. Maybe there are 50 shades of black when it comes to military developments, those at the lighter end that they leak information about, make the odd mistake in revealing information through budgets and such, and even let be photographed now and again, through to the deep black projects nobody even knows about that may, or may not, utilise alien technologies, and are so deep and hidden if anyone found out about them then they would accidentally and brutally behead themselves shaving, or keep falling in the shower until they knocked their brains out, or accidentally broke down in front of a freight train, and so on.

I guess we will only find out about these projects when the technology is old hat and there is something even more esoteric that they are playing with on the quiet that we don't know about. It's been a few years since the B2 bomber was revealed, maybe we're due another cool toy to be exposed like the Aurora?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Except the B-2 was never black. It was revealed in the white world from the start. The F-117 started black, but the B-2 was in the open from first flight until now.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Are you sure? The B2 was divulged to Jack Northrop before he died, so he could see the fulfillment of his flying wing ideas. The project at that time was very secret, and they allowed him to see it because they knew he would take the secret to his grave.

Either way it would lend some support to my argument, about the degrees of black projects, from those that are known about to those we never ever hear about.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
Maybe there are 50 shades of black when it comes to military developments, those at the lighter end that they leak information about, make the odd mistake in revealing information through budgets and such, and even let be photographed now and again, through to the deep black projects nobody even knows about that may, or may not, utilise alien technologies, and are so deep and hidden if anyone found out about them then they would accidentally and brutally behead themselves shaving, or keep falling in the shower until they knocked their brains out, or accidentally broke down in front of a freight train, and so on.

Oh, I've seen plenty of really dark projects leaked by accident. One of my favorites was out at Kirtland - there was a rather classified radar system (it still is, so no details) being tested. Well, the flight med guys were all sorts of interested in what the effects of this thing would be on flightline crew. Not so much the pilots, because the cockpit was shielded, but what happens to the guys on the tarmac when the radar operator fires this thing up prior to takeoff?

So, of course, what they did was, they published the details of their new approved research project in the base newsletter. And by 'details' I mean details. "In our new research we will explore the new [project designator] [radar type] which operates by [forget it], a novel and unexpected development of [another project series]. The new "radar" operates by [forget it], the characteristics of which are not well understood as regards interaction with biological systems...." On and on, for two pages of total project blow. And the guys at Nucleus, well, they thought it was approved, and put that #er on the net.

As I've never seen it here, my guess is ATS'ers don't read Nucleus, or the LANL paper, or the Sandia one. You might want to, I've seen other projects blown there, although usually you have to know what's going on to spot the spilled details.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The technology demostrators for the B-2 were developed in the black world for sure. But the B-2 was revealed shortly after its creation, unlike the F-117 and other new stuff like the RQ-170, stealth chopper, etc. I see this as the pattern we will continue to stick to as a country. Why release info on these projects when we can operate a fleet of planes/jets in secret for a decade without the public knowledge? Stay ahead of the enemy. The RQ-170, in my opinion, was deliberately "placed" in Iran for some purpose (ie. flame, other virus). We only know of the stealth choppers from the raid. So there's stuff out there that would blow your mind for sure, but you wont know about them for probably a decade.

As for Aurora, I agree with Zyphod. It was just a line in a budget that took off because the name sounded fancy when all it was was a line for the B-2 project. I'm not saying that a recon plane to replace the SR-71 doesn't exist, cause it does, but its not called Aurora, and it's certainly not called a TR-3B. Everyone who looks at this black world aircraft procurement and testing always look past the lowest common denominator in the equation: They all need to be refueled at some point, especially high flying, supersonic aircraft. So look at the boom operators in the world. Especially the Edwards boys. Take into account that there's only about 6-700 of us in the United States, then look at how many of those are instructor booms, your looking at 200 guys who've seen just about every weapons system being built in the black world, and that's a stretch because you have to go to Edwards to get to do the blackworld stuff. Good luck getting us to talk though

I'll just come out and say it, and those of you who know me don't read!!! Yes there is an aircraft built that didn't specifically replace the SR-71, but it was built for electronic warfare, among other things. In Qatar during the second Gulf War, we had the 117 hangers directly across the road from the tanker squadron office. When they came in, right before we went into Iraq in 2003, other aircraft accompanied them to the party. This is also confirmed by many AWACS operators who report F-117 pilots talking to a wingman they can't pick up using any means of detection available today. Lets face it, the F-117 is a piece of crap when it comes to anything but stealth. Who was providing EW protection for the small bomber/strike aircraft? Well they aren't going to send in some EA-6B's into Iraq without taking out at least their SAM sites on the gulf right? Screw that when you can just fly two planes into Baghdad and nobody would know until it was too late! Long story short, these "other" aircraft were parked in the same hanger as the F-117's were housed, except they were kept way more secure, behind partitions, in the back of the area.And yes, only a select few had the training to refuel them

We do know that the government likes to build one plane in the white world and a competing plane in the black world for other reasons. There's a reason that the YF-23 beat the raptor in almost every category of flight, yet the raptor won the contract. Wonder why? Probably because the 23 went into development in the black world as an ISR platform or something because of how great the plane was. I've seen some other posts in the last few days about the F-35 and all its problems. According to Zyphod's sources, another aircraft could be being built alongside the F-35 because they knew it was going to be mothballed the entire time. This project is taking waaaaaaaaaay to long and costing waaaaaaaay too much to be sustainable. I think it makes sense that another fighter is already being tested in the Nevada desert to put the F-35 out of business.

BTW, I won't answer any specific questions about classified aircraft except to say that this one is of stealth design, and is painted black as well. From my understanding from some booms today, it did NOT get retired with the 117's in 2008. It's still out there doing it's thing. I'm willing to bet it was over Pakistan during the UBL raid too
(funny how an entire city looses comm's right before the raid huh?). My guess is that even if they do retire them, they will be kept secret until the technology is outdated. There's too much to lose by letting it fall into the wrong hands. So unless we lose one somewhere, or someone gets a good pic of it, the public will be left guessing about what the F(*& it is!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Rob37n

Except the B-2 was never black. It was revealed in the white world from the start.

Parts of it were...interestingly undocumented though.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Rob37n

Except the B-2 was never black. It was revealed in the white world from the start.

Parts of it were...interestingly undocumented though.

I like this one better!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
wow three messages already. Ok I may or may not have refueling pics of other aircraft that aren't public knowledge. I will neither confirm or deny this or any other information which could incriminate myself or others. Some members of ATS may or may not have seen said pics before, if they existed.

EDIT: You know it's going to be a cool day when you take off out of Edwards and head to the range with security on board because the tanker pilots don't have the need to know

edit on 16-1-2013 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

The design phase was secret, because they didn't know how well it would work, or other factors. But there was a very public unveiling and first flight. I remember because it happened on my birthday. I always thought that was a great birthday present.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

So what you are saying that this is intelligence sector and other companies who have funding in this? And is there any documents about this because i can barely find any online relating to aurora project I have seen the YT videos but nothing more.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I don't know why, but that patch annoys me. Probably because my father was part of the 509th, and their real patch is so much cooler. I love the fact that they're the only unit in the world allowed to have a mushroom cloud on their insignia.

You have a message as well.
edit on 1/16/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pixeldeath

You won't either. There are very few references to Aurora in any capacity. I learned about it in the book Skunk Works by Ben Rich.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join