It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Bush lie for 4 more years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Bush has been beating around himself for 2 years now about his actual intentions in Iraq. He's made excuse after excuse for the mistakes made in the execution of the occupation. He's made any number of empty promises to the troops on the ground about coming home and getting equipment. The insurgents have promised that it will get worse, which I really don't doubt.

If Bush is elected, how is he going to maintain his story for four more years, when the truth of the situation keeps seeping out. Does he have a large enough constituency that will simply 'stick to thier' guns beyond reason, as Bush so arrogantly done?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It'll be Kerry's turn to lie. Bush is dropping like an anvil in a septic tank. He's on his way out - big time.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In my opinion he'll have no trouble doing what he's been doing for another 4 years. Those that haven't been convinced of his BS are inconvincable. His constituency is probably half of the nation, and they've shown quite well that they will "stick to their" guns beyond reason...

Ignorance is bliss.

- Attero

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
It'll be Kerry's turn to lie.

Yeah, it would be his turn to lie. Man, I feel sorry for him if he does win. He's doing a pretty good job in his campaign of telling people that Bush is lying, but not of telling them how. He's basically setting himself up for having to apologize to the world for Bush's disingenuity, but only if he can prove beyond doubt what that disingenuity was.

And, he'll have a hell of a mess to clean up, but I don't think he can do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Delta, when did you stop beating your wife?

Kerry wouldn't know how and where, or even when Bush lied. But don't fret, he has a plan.

Amazing, you seem to be sure that Bush lies, but you seem to disregard that your boy Kerry has lied more on the trail than Bush did since being sworn in.

I wouldn't worry about it, though; if I were to bet on this game, I'd bet that Kerry will get it by one or two states. I might be wrong, but I believe Penn. will be clearly Kerry, and I believe Florida will be Kerry by 10%.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just nuts but I think Bush is gonna win by a landslide.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I mean the demographics of the country. We're talking about the Baby Boomers, who were raised to "love" the president & respect him....no matter what. Now, I know that does not reconcile with the utter disrespect shown to Clinton over what is a common occurence & common "perk" of being president ( unregulated booty calls), but you never had the rise of American Fascism dovetail with the media age before.
So, these older folks, 50's + , do give any president who mouths the words "morality" frequently enough the support, even if his actions are in stark contrast to anything moral.
The upside? The increased social & economic power from people moving into their mid 20's to mid/late 30's - they are Online saavy, they see marketing for what it is, and will be putting that older generation under their care - so you have an all fronts power paradigm shift.
We will see a death of Radical Fundie Religious Right power in this country, within the next four years.
As for Kerry & his term, we'll be going from a child of elitetism where proving to the lower classes was never required, to a prosecutor who cut his teeth on "proving his case". The backlash is that people will then complain about "too much detail" .

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can Bush Lie!?!?!?!

Wow, it is amazing as to how narrow minded some liberal thinkers are. You hate W. just to hate him. If you truly cared about politics and the future of this country, then things would be different. if you are convinced that W. has lied about everything, then fine, but how could you ignore the lies of John Kerry.

This man is a bundle of half conceived thoughts and plans. He is also a liar. We all know of the numerous lies this moron who wants to be president has given great efforts trying to jam into the weak minded. I want to discuss the most recent politically planned nonsense. What I am about to discuss is a good example of how the democratic party runs in all situations.

400 tons of high explosive ordinance have been stolen! They were stolen from a base that was supposed to be guarded! It was placed on a secondary list as if these explosives werent important! What incompetence this failure of a leader has shown. He failed to do his job with these weapons. Failure!

That was me pretending to be John Kerry and the Media.

Here is the reality check. The weapons were missing already, when US troops arrived at the base for the first time. It looks as though we have satelite images of a fleet of russian troops and vehicles at the site before any US troops even came close to arriving. Do your research, because this stuff isn't in the news.

The fact that John Kerry knows this, and is still spewing his political nonsense along with the liberal media, is amazing! All the liberal BS about how Republicans were going to pull a rabbit out of their hat right before election time by announcing the capture of Bin Laden makes more sense now. One rule I follow is : If democrats are accusing republicans of something, then that means they are doing it. So here is their rabbit out of the hat. Pulling a 1.5 year old peice of meaningless intelligence out a week before the election and twisting it to fit their agenda......

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Can Bush lie for 4 more years?

Yes.

Will he?

No.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just because some of us are against Bush, it doesn't quite mean that we're for Kerry or even voting for Kerry. So why don't you guys quit casting anybody who is against Bush as a liberal Democrat.

- Attero

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Delta, when did you stop beating your wife?

I don't have one, maybe that's my problem!

Amazing, you seem to be sure that Bush lies, but you seem to disregard that your boy Kerry has lied more on the trail than Bush did since being sworn in.

Bush's lies are lies in the sense of his gross omissions when telling the public what is happening. I do believe that the two premises he cited for our need to wage war were lies, but that is because I believe that his primary purpose was economic, and that will become more evident in time.

But the omissions. He has never answered for the failings of this war. It was poorly planned, by the wrong people, for the wrong reasons. The bottom line is, the primary intent behind the war was never to win. If your intent in war is not to win, and win decisively, then war shouldn't be waged at all. He disregarded the experienced advice of his generals, notably his SECDEF, who should know, and does know a buttload more than Rumsfeld what he's talking about.

Bush just wanted to go into Bagdad as cheaply as possible, win a quick, easy battle, and go down in history as a great war president, and make some quick cash along the way. But he is an arrogant, cocky, spoiled little child in grown-up form. Just look at his face and listen to his voice when he reacts to different situations. He doesn't have the required level of humility to be well rounded enough person to be good for his position. He's been wrong on so many things, but at this point, he couldn't cop to them, because that might cost him the election. He, and his followers are the type of people who refuse to be wrong (so are many of Kerry's, by the way, wherein lie most of our problems).

As far as Kerry's concerned, I resent him being called 'my boy' just about as much as I resent his nomination for the presidency of the United States. To be honest with you, he may have lied, but I wouldn't know because I really haven't listened to him that much. I have no more faith in Kerry than I do Bush right now, because I don't think he has the strength of character and innate leadership skills that would be required of a leader to get us out of what we're in right now. He hasn't said anything substantial, in my opinion, and that is why I dont' listen to him. We need and extraordinary American to step up right now, and even though they are plentiful, they are either too poor to compete, or they're smart enough to stay out of it. Sad. Sadder, Kerry is just a doofus.

I'm a conservative, yet non-religious Republican, but that was because of Reagan, who was a responsible, mature, and good man who, when mistakes were made by him, he admitted it and apologised. A person that reminds me of him is McCain, for whom I will be voting. Republicans who support Bush, compare Bush to some of your favorite contemporary Republicans, and ask yourself, would you prefer Bush over the others? Democrats do the same.

I'm voting McCain in Utah. Bush is going to win this state electorate anyway. By voting Kerry, I would waste the vote, but by voting McCain, I will be supporting him for nomination in 2008, which I think he'll be seeking. The more votes he gets now, the more support he'll have.

The point is, whoever wins this one, Bush or Kerry, neither one is going to rally the people more completely, we'll still be split 50/50, and nothing will get done as a result. Either we will be no better off in 2008, or we will backslide further.

And this election race has been representative of the personalities running. This race has been a farcical representation of American politics.
It is a satire in, and of, itself. Bush and Kerry are clown shoes.

I could rant more, and I will, but at someone else now. Thank, TC, for allowing me to solidify and clarify my position, and more importantly, feel good about myself.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Whoopsie!

[edit on 28-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Wow, it is amazing as to how narrow minded some liberal thinkers are. You hate W. just to hate him.

I have perfectly valid and resonable reasons to feel that Bush has done a poor job, some of them having to do with the fact that in whatever he has done in life, he has done poorly. Do I hate the man? No. If he were just a normal guy, and not attempting failingly to lead all of the American people, I wouldn't fault him for whatever flaws he has or mistakes he's made. He is just a man.

If you truly cared about politics and the future of this country, then things would be different. if you are convinced that W. has lied about everything, then fine, but how could you ignore the lies of John Kerry.

I do not ignore the lies of Kerry, if they exist. More accurately, I just ignore Kerry. I know enough and have heard enough of him. He couldn't lead himself out of a port-o-John, and so I don't care. He is the wrong guy at the wrong time. Simple of that. He's no better or worse than Bush when considering the future of the country. Especially not when there are so many other greater Americans to choose from. These greater Americans need to get in the game, bring the system back to where it should be, rather than at this extremist battle-state, attack-ad, fight to the finish, immature, never-say-die system we call American politics.

This man is a bundle of half conceived thoughts and plans. He is also a liar. We all know of the numerous lies this moron who wants to be president has given great efforts trying to jam into the weak minded. I want to discuss the most recent politically planned nonsense. What I am about to discuss is a good example of how the democratic party runs in all situations.

400 tons of high explosive ordinance have been stolen! They were stolen from a base that was supposed to be guarded! It was placed on a secondary list as if these explosives werent important! What incompetence this failure of a leader has shown. He failed to do his job with these weapons. Failure!

Here is the reality check. The weapons were missing already, when US troops arrived at the base for the first time. It looks as though we have satelite images of a fleet of russian troops and vehicles at the site before any US troops even came close to arriving. Do your research, because this stuff isn't in the news.

Sure. 340 tons out of 400 thousand tons. Less than one percent of the total amount of similar compounds that have already been recovered. This is not an election issue. This is a media problem. The reason this is such a big deal is only because it is in the news right now. How the hell did flu vaccinations become an election issue. How could either candidate blame the other for some mistake on the part of a pharmeceutical company? This is what I mean when I say this election race is a farcical representation of what the process should be. I'm not surprized Bush didn't cite Kerry's voting record as the reason we may have missed a tiny fraction of the total ordinance in the Iraqi desert.

The fact that John Kerry knows this, and is still spewing his political nonsense along with the liberal media, is amazing! All the liberal BS about how Republicans were going to pull a rabbit out of their hat right before election time by announcing the capture of Bin Laden makes more sense now.

Yeah, funny thing, you know, if the Dems had not played up this rediculous idea as much as they did, we may just have seen bin Laden captured before the election. But since they made such a big deal out of such a stupid idea if it were true, now there is no chance of it because it would be to obvious.

If Bush did know where he was, and Kerry were to win the election, I bet he would lock up the information he has or otherwise make it so Kerry would have less of a chance of being successful in office. Same thing with gas prices. If we see Kerry elected, watch gas prices skyrocket immediately. With barrel price at $52, why isn't the gas price much higher than it was back in May when barrel price was $45, also at the time a record high? Just more conspiratorial speculation, there.

But honestly, I really think that Bush is the type of person who would make someone look bad just to make himself look good.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So, Delta, how many wives have you killed?

Can you continue to lie about that?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well TC, I'm taking a different tack. I think that Bush will continue to lie for the next 4 years but as he will probably be unemployed, WHO CARES.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I used to love her,
But I had to kill her.
I knew I'd miss her,
So I had to keep her.
She's buried right in my back yard.

Call the police...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

I used to love her,
But I had to kill her.
I knew I'd miss her,
So I had to keep her.
She's buried right in my back yard.

Call the police...

WRONG, call Axle.

He ain't smelling like a rose lately either.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I still don't believe you. How long will you continue to lie?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Axl Rose is a dick. Typical of a tanker...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
By the way, Delta, always bury the wife in the neighbor's back yard. That way your defense attorney can spin a tale of an adulterous affair gone awry with the neighbor killing the wife!
Sorry, I got side tracked there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join