It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Photos from Out of This World

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I found these pictures from this article to be quite amazing, so please visit link. Here are examples of a few:

www.b.weather.com...

Pictures like this remind me just what specs of dust we are in the universe. Highly evolved parasites that learned to see into space very far. We could be obliterated in an instant, and The Universe could care less.

But it sure is cool to look at.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
These pics are just AWSOME. To look at them, and think of how big a person would be compared to them, we would be a speck of dust. The awe is just astounding. Thank you for the pics. I've always wanted a big picture to hang above my couch. I hope you get alot of responses, but Obamas gun thing is gonna get more attention I'm afraid. I will follow it. Thank you again for the pics!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

These detectors produce images of the cosmos not in color, but in shades of black and white.

Finished color images are actually combinations of two or more black-and-white exposures to which color has been added during image processing.

The Meaning of Color in Hubble Images

...still amazing

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nirvi

That link adds a crucial contribution to this thread, and I really appreciate you bringing it here. I highly recommend people visit your link to get a better understanding of what we are seeing in these photos, and how the photos can look way different depending on what filters are used. Excellent! Thanks again. Stars for that man please, folks.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
no. 2 is a stable wormhole. and looks like it can be used for transportation or travel. and just like everything in space, massive.

how fast does a magnet travel. the magnetic field. einstein said nothing can travel faster than light.

a magnetic field is not light. it is a property in its own right, like gravity.

it can be created and its intensity magnified using energy, i.e. light.

so it can still fit in what einstein suggested in the theory of relativity because the energy used to power it is not going faster than light.

what if this was created already faster than the speed of light.

travelling in this magnetic field, like a current, that propels you infinitely faster than the speed of light until you travel out if it, like a clam eddy beside a rapid.

except jumping out would be like landing on the bank until you slow down naturally to the speed of light and as nothing can travel faster than the speed of light you will instantly decelerate.

physicists have suggested that if you travel at infinite velocity your mass will become zero. you will be pure energy.

so once you enter it and as you accelerate you or a ship will be converted into pure energy until you travel to the other end and out of it, you will no longer be energy but converted back to mass instantly as you are not travelling at infinite velocity.

as you will be energy, you will not age and the passage of time and the voyage will be instant.

now, what if you can re-create this phenomenon, much smaller, using a ship and generate your own magnetic field in front and around you to create your own current to propel you at faster than light speed.

the speed is controlled by increasing or decreasing intensity and power.

but that may be impossible, because just like the nile river, it was created before man. to be used to travel over or thru space like water is used to travel over land.

whatever it is, it looks like it has a purpose and was created that way.

edit on 16-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Made me think of Phantasm's thread from a few days back, which had new video made by the Chandra X-ray Observatory of a collapsing star wobbling and jetting out X-rays.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The wobble / precession made the the x-ray jet spiral, not unlike the new Japenese image below. They say it could be magnetic forces causing this shape, but could it simply be inertia stemming from the bright light at the centre? Since it's so large could it be a 'pulsing blackhole'?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that the picture of the pigtail cloud isn't a photo, its an artists impression.
Neither is it a wormhole, it is a cloud of gas and dust that as been shaped by a magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
I'd like to point out that the picture of the pigtail cloud isn't a photo, its an artists impression.
Neither is it a wormhole, it is a cloud of gas and dust that as been shaped by a magnetic field.

So does the cloud really spiral in this way?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The sun is a good place to look for magnetic and gravimetric effects. Plasma follows lines of magnetism producing odd effects such as rainbows and tornadoes. And that is just a "small, normal" star.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Awesome pictures, and I like what the artists do with the colors, because it makes them look so cool. I also think that pictures like this keep people interested in space exploration, even if they really should be black and white.

Thanks for posting something fun!

Looking at these made me wonder if people study earthquakes on other planets, if there are people on other planets. Maybe someone in a parallel universe is currently pulling up their equivalent of GEE and trying to guess a magnitude.
Hope this is not too off topic, it was just a weird thought, but you never know.

edit on 18-1-2013 by PacificBlue because: edit

new topics

top topics

join