It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Membership Jumps 250,000 In 1 Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

A day before President Barack Obama is scheduled to release Vice President Joe Biden's recommendations to curb gun violence in the United States, the National Rifle Association told U.S. News and World Report that they have seen membership grow by 250,000 in the month since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

"I would say that every time President Obama opens his mouth and Sen. [Dianne] Feinstein opens her mouth and they talk about gun bans and restricting the rights of law abiding Americans, people pay attention to that and sign up," says Andrew Arulanandam, the NRA's public affairs director.

I've been a member of GOA, JPFO, some state orgs and given to 2AF but I had always avoided the NRA. For me the NRA was that organization that screwed us over in '34 and sold us all out in '94.
"
After hearing them post Newtown not pander to the "Fudds" and not crawl to the fed for understanding and compassion I finally signed up.

Apparently so did 249,999 others.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even though I`ve never owned a gun I use to be a NRA member, I felt that it was important to support groups that protect our rights and the constitution.Maybe i`ll become a member again since the constitution is once again under attack by domestic enemies.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

After hearing them post Newtown not pander to the "Fudds" and not crawl to the fed for understanding and compassion I finally signed up.

Im one of those 250,000 also. I very very reluctantly made the descision to join. I really despise some of the people they have supported in past elections, but they do have a very loud voice in DC.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wish you guys luck with the NRA, but look for them to sell you out again.

Though I hope I'm wrong about that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great. Now they have a list of all the gun nuts handy.
When the FBI raids the NRA and gets your name and addresses to track down gun owners.
Get ready.

new topics

top topics

join