It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Added a cop (and ex-marine), and a former paramedic to my survival group!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I love it when life works out like that. We met this couple just as friends, and because we had a lot in common, before we even knew what they did for a living. He'll likely even be a member here soon enough, as we have the conspiracy thing in common.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Unless you're dishonorably discharged, you never stop being a marine. No ex-marines, only retired marines.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nice. I need to find a group like that here in Nuevo Mexico. Anyone know of any?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No one can possibly say they are still a Marine when they have been out for 20 years and are 50 pounds overweight, they are living in denial.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Are any of them headstrong? Regardless of their expertise some people could become a nuisance or unwanted opposition during any catastrophic event. You may want to do one thing and they the other so make sure you are all on the same page.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Congrats
Always nice to add a few more skills to your group.

Looking forward to seeing more knowledgeable people joining the forum, consider this a warm advance welcome to your friends.

CX.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Now all you need is a professor who can make a radio out of coconut husks and you will be good to go. And you are going to want a marine who was dishonorably discharged, when SHTF you are going to want a guy who is a little off.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm pretty much that guy who's a little off and can likely cobble together a radio from a coconut, hehe...

As for overweight or out for 20 years...nah, he's still pretty fit (currently a cop, I think he's only been out of the marines for about 10 years), and actually a bit buff. I have a feeling they're going to be really good friends, the kind we have for years to come. We were over their place the other night, drinking and doing karaoke until about 3am...(he has his garage set up like a karaoke bar, professional equipment, and everything)...then, they were over this weekend and we all rode horses on our ranch. We're going to do Disney in an upcoming weekend (they have a lot of our same interests), so I think it's all going to work out well.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

A lot of people have a hard time letting go. Like the high school quarterback who still shows up to every high school game 30 years later, yelling at the coach because he knows better. lol

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh, this is good! Glad to hear you're getting a little group together.

Near our house in Illinois, my husband and I found out quick that people with like minds were... well... nowhere. Except one, and he worried us when he shaved and started to come over to talk to me when my husband was at work. But wouldn't visit when my husband was home.

Where we are now, Fort Polk, we are aware there is a group nearby but they wanted us to go through a screening test, reveal our names, banks, etc. We didn't trust that so haven't joined.

But on our end although we're interested in survival, we also just want a group to talk to in person. So good for you that you got things going on. Don't take it for granted.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

I've met a handful of midle aged, outta shape, knuckleheads saying once a marine, blah, blah, blah.
And i just grin and say okay bud. Good luck to ya.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JerkyBeer

Really, it's more about adding some great new friends...just an added benefit that their skills just happen to be a perfect compliment in a SHTF scenario. They love the ranch too, so it's all good. We have a lot in common with them, and it's like we've known each other for years. The new friendship is really the most valuable thing to come along, the other is just a happy bonus.

Where we are now, Fort Polk, we are aware there is a group nearby but they wanted us to go through a screening test, reveal our names, banks, etc. We didn't trust that so haven't joined.

Wow...so much better to just be friends, and build from that...

edit on 22-1-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join