It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns already allowed in schools with little restriction in many states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Link to article

By M. Alex Johnson, staff writer, NBC News With the debate over gun violence reshaped by the shooting deaths of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school last month, lawmakers across the country are pushing proposals to arm teachers in the classroom. But many of them may be wasting their time. More than a third of the states already allow teachers and other adults to carry guns to school. In most cases, all you need is the equivalent of a note from the principal — you usually don't even need law enforcement approval.

This to me is interesting news, but one very important factor they failed to mention is how many shootings or violent attacks have happened at schools that allow CCW?

I think that would be the most important aspect of this article. Just another example of how the media fails in mammoth proportions when it comes to telling the damn truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Well.. I'll say this. I do know how many states...specifically WHICH states..allow CCW carry onto a school campus. It isn't "many" by any stretch and both the title and body of the article are very misleading.

Now the reporters who came with that title couldn't research the calorie count of a Big Mac without an editor or two for fact checking and they didn't have them here, it would seem.

Would anyone else care to do the research to say which states DO allow it? Which are just talking about it...doesn't mean much. There are thousands upon thousands of bills proposed every year and only a few hundred go anywhere. 90% of these won't either.

So... What 'Many' would that be? Indeed.. The MSM couldn't get the color of the sky right if they hadn't grown up with it to be sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

looks like the nra got what they wanted. now they just made it easier for the killers to get a hold of a gun. they dont even have to use their own.
edit on 14-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SecludedGamer

what does that even mean? Do you think crazed killers will just go shake down teachers and take their guns away from them? I doubt even an idiot would think he had a good chance at that. Might want to rethink your position here.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer

looks like the nra got what they wanted. now they just made it easier for the killers to get a hold of a gun. they dont even have to use their own.
edit on 14-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

Please show me where in these mass shootings, that a firearm was taken from someone, by the shooter and used.

More BS Anti nonsense from someone that fears an object.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree this was very poorly written. It left out almost all of the meat and potatoes of the title. Which States, and how is it working? That is kind of need to know information when taking the time to publish the damn article.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Absolutely...BAN is a funny place for how a bad article can make an OP look bad if people aren't watching the forum it's posted in to realize you have 0 control over the title you choose.

I appreciate the catch and share. Warped in perspective or not by the MSM, it's still what they are reporting and so quite valuable to know regardless.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A few years ago - Satirist Chris Morris made a joke about how Americans would one day be holding conversations at gun point, and how teachers, priests and school children would be armed.

I bet he never though his joke would ever come true.

America - the laughing stock of the planet. Too insane to be trusted with anything, yet for some idiotic, backwards reason you're arming teachers and wholly ignoring the problem of your widespread mental health issues.

Unbelievable. And people wonder why nobody trusts you. If you're not killing your own children, you're giving them guns.

What an absolute joke.

edit on 14-1-2013 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I have often wondered what the view was like from the moral high ground. You will have to send a photo one day.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Because the US is the only country with "issues?"

I don't understand why people the world over need chime in on the topic of private gun ownership in our country - you have your laws, we have ours. You ought to be more concerned about what our military is doing; they represent the real threat to the world.

edit on 14-1-2013 by jasonl1983 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join