It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commerce City, Colorado Daytime Curfew for 18 & Under

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You DO know, many children in ages past never attended a school, or stopped around the 8th grade, and did fine, so that's not the issue

hmmmmmm, how far in the past are you talking about? OR are you referring to the Amish? What is the issue then? Teaching kids that having no responsibility is good?

Let me ask you again, "How many people in prison, were trying to further their education?"!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Honestly, what does PRISON have to do with ANY of this???

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Honestly, what does PRISON have to do with ANY of this???

Ya know, I feel sorry for you, I really do!!! Can you not see the correlation between kids not being disiplined enough to go to school and prison????

Your either being obtuse, or you just don't get it!!!!!!! Either way, I am done.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Really, there have been truancy laws in the US for many decades. There were truancy laws with fines associated with them when I was in school and trust me that has been MANY decades ago. They serve a function and bring responsibility back to where it belongs- personal decisions on the part of the child and ultimately the parents.

Children by definition are not able to make adult decisions. They are not allowed to decide not to go to school.

I am unsure why this city doesn't already have truancy laws in place, but if this is something new to them perhaps they have found one of the causes of their problem. Kids need to be in school, wherever school happens to be including in the home. If you aren't ensuring your kids are where they need to be, you can pay the fine. I don't have a problem with this.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by thekaliyuga

Raising capital by limiting our societies movements regardless of age should be watched carefully, as it is a dangerous precedence.

This proposed legislation is an unjust, immoral money-grab, in my humble opinion.

I think you're absolutely right. Communities, cities, counties, states are all broke. We've been robbed by the banksters, and our governments--at all levels--now think they have no choice but to balance their budgets on the backs of the people. More fees, more tickets, more hidden taxes of every kind.

This IS the New World Order. They intend to crash the economy until we're broker than Somalia, and then build their new 1000-year Reich on the ruins. The laws will become more stifling and the tax load more onerous until we're abject slaves so thoroughly at the mercy of our new masters that we can't emit a whimper without getting the boot on our necks.

Any questions....?

Good point. I had a thought the other day... with all of this pushing for people to get higher education, even though such a high percentage of college grads can't get jobs, what does that leave? Student loans that can't be paid. Student loans that are run by the govt and people who are too broke to pay back their loans. Well, if you are in default of your student loan because you are out of options like deferrals, etc., your tax refund gets intercepted. So they are guaranteed to collect. Even if you are say, 6 months behind on a $100/mo loan, but owe maybe $15000, they take everything and put it toward the $15,000, not just $600 for the months you were late. It will continue that way until it is paid off, one way or another.

My point? We are broke, so the govt. pushes education. People then graduate, but can't pay back loans, because there aren't enough jobs, so the govt. collects on its loans, via IRS refunds. Not saying people shouldn't pay back their loans, but see, it is a vicious circle for people who simply can't find money because they can't work, even after all of this education. It is just a way to make more money off of people, truly, and then it does away with all the pesky refunds the govt has to hand out at tax time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join