It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commerce City, Colorado Daytime Curfew for 18 & Under

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hello all:

Commerce City, Colorado is currently deciding whether or not to create a daytime curfew for all minors.

www.denverpost.com...

To join the United States Military in America you must be at least 17 w/ parent approval,

Americans can fight and die for our country at the age of 17, but can arrested and receive a ticket for choosing not to attend a public school (an institution paid for by your families own taxes).

"The Denver Post reports (http://(link tracking not allowed)/UfOlKi) school-resource officers have proposed a plan in which the city's curfew would be extended to weekdays between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Police also would be allowed to drive truant teens back to school and issue a municipal citation with a fine as high as $499."

Raising capital by limiting our societies movements regardless of age should be watched carefully, as it is a dangerous precedence.

This proposed legislation is an unjust, immoral money-grab, in my humble opinion.

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thekaliyuga

Kids should be in school......not sure why you have a problem with this????? Grant you our education system sucks, but it is hard enough to get a job WITH an education versus being a dropout, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A bunch of little tyrants are running this city...

Time for the people to tell them to go to hell with their unconstitutional BS.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Raising capital by limiting our societies movements regardless of age should be watched carefully, as it is a dangerous precedence.

This proposed legislation is an unjust, immoral money-grab, in my humble opinion.

I think you're absolutely right. Communities, cities, counties, states are all broke. We've been robbed by the banksters, and our governments--at all levels--now think they have no choice but to balance their budgets on the backs of the people. More fees, more tickets, more hidden taxes of every kind.

This IS the New World Order. They intend to crash the economy until we're broker than Somalia, and then build their new 1000-year Reich on the ruins. The laws will become more stifling and the tax load more onerous until we're abject slaves so thoroughly at the mercy of our new masters that we can't emit a whimper without getting the boot on our necks.

Any questions....?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Are you suggestion that new legislation creating curfews for any American ... over the 12-1 A.M. curfew isn't something to be concerned about?

Having the information is the idea. Do I detect a thread Killer???

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are you suggestion that new legislation creating curfews for any American ... over the 12-1 A.M. curfew isn't something to be concerned about?

Having the information is the idea. Do I detect a thread Killer???

Not trying to kill your thread at all! I was commenting on "your words" that pretty much led me to believe that this was a truancy effort due to the fact "your wording" was referencing to the fact this law was to make sure that the kids were supposed to be in school.........

If I am wrong, please fill me in on why I misunderstood your OP!

Edit: I read the article you referenced and that is EXACTLY what it is referring too! TRUANCY!!!!

I am 50 years old and if we skipped school and the popo caught our asses not in school, we got taken home and got a good ole fashion ass whoopin!!!! Apparently you must be one of these youngins who think you can do as you damn well please????

edit on 13-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
He'll when I was in the 11th grade, I was home from school at noon, didn't have any afternoon classes, would I have to e confined to my home or school til 2:30?
Curfews I thought were unconstitutional under freedom of movement and such

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The idea that your money is going to Schools in the district surrounding your home, then to receive a ticket that must be paid by for by you the parent who is already paying taxes to keep the lights in that school is also interesting.

It's not like the child can pay a $500.00 ticket, the burden will fall on the family that is likely already financially strapped.

Thanks for the reply
edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The idea that your money is going to Schools in the district surrounding your home, then to receive a ticket that must be paid by for by you the parent who is already paying taxes to keep the lights in that school is also interesting.

It's not like the child can pay a $500.00 ticket, the burden will fall on the family that is likely already financially strapped.

Thanks for the reply

Agreed that it might be a burden on the parents, that I am not arguing. But what about parental responsibility??? Trust me, if I got fined because my "little angel" decided they just didn't want to go to school, they would be having a tuff go at sitting on their narcissistic little ass for about a week!

Teachers ARE NOT baby sitters, and if a child is out of control it falls upon the parents!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Thanks for the reply

Agreed that it might be a burden on the parents, that I am not arguing. But what about parental responsibility??? Trust me, if I got fined because my "little angel" decided they just didn't want to go to school, they would be having a tuff go at sitting on their narcissistic little ass for about a week!

Teachers ARE NOT baby sitters, and if a child is out of control it falls upon the parents!

None of this really changes the fact that this is a hidden tax--never mind that it's a new implementation of the control grid. It has nothing to do with truancy. We've always had truancy, and there have always been methods of dealing with truancy. This is about money and control....

edit on 1/13/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That is the problem that happens when people use the state as a baby sitter. If you know that the school system sucks, why not home school your children and bypass the local tyrants in your community?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well i am 2 sided on this, i feel that the kids should be in school at that time. on the other hand why the hell is the city trying to say what i can and cant do. with that being said i have been there and spent time there, it is a rough place that the cops have a hard time with.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That is the problem I have with this the school time curfew bit, I understand the valid reasons but I also see it as extremely oppressive of ones individual choices, even as a kid, to conform or not to state education and indoctrination. Just because they are minors they do not cease to be individuals.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

None of this really changes the fact that this is a hidden tax--never mind that it's a new implementation of the control grid. It has nothing to do with truancy. We've always had truancy, and there have always been methods of dealing with truancy. This is about money and control....

I agree and disagree......There is no doubt that our governments (state and local) are strapped for cash and that the police are being used to create revenue and fill the prisons for companies like CCA......That I will say is true. However, I am seeing this as forcing parents to accept come responsibility in the actions of the offspring!

Let me ask you this, "What do you think should be done with kids who refuse to go to school?"!!! I know there are parents who try but their kids do whatever they want. In that case, don't you think tuff love is in order? I mean by God if my kids are costing me money and just don't give a damn about consequences for their actions, then I would think they need a taste of what happens to adults who break the law!

Then on the other hand, you have parents with the attitudes that "outa site outa mind", "I'll buy them whatever they want so they stay the hell out of my face!", then you have parents who do nothing more than breed children into this world and expect everyone else to be responsible for raising their kids!!!!

I guess it is just better to let them grow up as greedy little, self serving idiots who believe the world owes them??? Or that by them learning it is okay to be individuals and break the law, that prison is going to rehabilitate them so that they can better fit into society????

What the hell? Kids need to learn responsibility in life and that there are consequences for making wrong choices! I would rather see them learn this fact early on in life than end up being put into prison and come out worse off than when they went in..........

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am all for keeping kids in school and fining the parents when they are not. No need to call it a curfew though.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They need to get you use't to it.
so when you get older you will not wine about it.

wake up !

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There isn't any mention in the article of how this would apply to home schooled children. They would have to be exempt of this enforcement.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

That's what they're trying to eliminate, so ALL children become mindless drones

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's what they're trying to eliminate, so ALL children become mindless drones

It doesn't say or address that issue, but hey, why not, if we don't teach em at an early age to have responsibilities let's just look forward to them ending up in the prison system aye? You of all people should realize that life is nothing more than conditioning! How in the hell can a child learn responsibility? Think about it, if you can't get your sorry little ass to school every day, just how in the hell will you become an adult and have enough responsibilites to go to work and earn a living?

BTW, you have said in the past you are a felon, so just how many people in prison were trying to get their GED while they were in there????? Don't you think they might have avoided their whole situation if they would have gone to school instead of running the streets????

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You DO know, many children in ages past never attended a school, or stopped around the 8th grade, and did fine, so that's not the issue

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join