It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are You From? (With Pics)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I just want to say, great thread, Smyleegrl. S&F

Bookmarking for the beautiful pictures throughout the thread.

Even though I don't want to share my true location, here is my make believe home...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi Smylee,

Just wondered if you had shown any to your school kids yet? (sorry, "young adults"!). And if so, what they make of them?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I bet it still is. I just live on the other side of the states now, and I am way older with kids, so I do not see a Montreal trip like before in my future. Though I wish I could

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Hi Smylee,

Just wondered if you had shown any to your school kids yet? (sorry, "young adults"!). And if so, what they make of them?
not young adults, they are first graders.

And no, not yet. Last week we were doing a series of assessments, I had no opportunity. However, when we get back in school Tuesday I will be using some of the pics as writing prompts, and just showing the others. They are all amazing.

If its okay with everyone, I'd like to share some of the pics you posted with my other teachers. I won't do so unless you give permission, and it will only be the pics I share, not the thread.

Now I'm off to enjoy my snow day! Woot woot!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was born and lived to my teen years in small town in area in my country which is called a lakeland.

So in my country we have most lakes in the World and its beautiful in summertime and beautiful but cold in winter time.
One of my teachers once said that there is a beautiful work of art here where ever you lay your eyes

and its so thruth
Its and ideal place to anyone who loves nature.
We love Sauna its part of our tradition, in summer in summer cottages we have saunas by the lakes and its a custom to bath in sauna and skin dip in lake. There is Midnight sun in summer.

We also have saunas in most of our apartments and houses i believe almost 80 %.

Nowadays i live a little bit norther still in lake area and Aurora Borealis can spark up a little cold winters.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Beautiful pictures. I agree with your teacher's sentiments.

Do you mind sharing the name of your country? I completely understand if you don't want to, so no worries. It's just I'm guessing Sweden or Norway?

I visited Stockholm once, it was beyond beautiful for such a large city.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Finland it is

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Absolutely beautiful pictures !!!!

A sauna in every apartment you say ??? That's it. I'm moving.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

about 80 %, nowadays no one want a house or apartment without own sauna, in some bigger cities and old buildings there can be one sauna per building but thats nowadays rare.

Its so nice to have nice sauna time whenever you choose to

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Please, Please, I'd like to see more pictures of the UK, I want our next vacation to be in the UK traveling.

Oh if you insist...a few of my favourite places in North Yorkshire...

Asygarth Falls (as featured in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)

Thornton le Dale (my Nan lived there, and where I spent most school holidays)

Whitby Abbey (of Bram Stoker's Dracula fame)

Robin Hood's Bay (if you visit, wear comfortable shoes...the whole town is on a VERY steep gradient)

Swaledale

edit on 18-1-2013 by KilgoreTrout because: wear not where!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thank You KilgoreTrout, My husband immediately pulled out his Robin Hood DVD and found that steam

Beautiful Country.
dollukka, You also live in a Beautiful area of the world, I like the water very much. Thank you for the pictures of your home land.
smyleegrl, You may use any of the pictures I posted for you that you like. Thank you for asking.

edit on 18-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

My pleasure, and if you and your husband do decide to come to the UK for a holiday, please feel free to get in touch with me. I'm not on very often, but usually at least once a week, and I would be more than happy to point you towards some of the lovelier places in my country.

All the best

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
reply to post by guohua

My pleasure, and if you and your husband do decide to come to the UK for a holiday, please feel free to get in touch with me. I'm not on very often, but usually at least once a week, and I would be more than happy to point you towards some of the lovelier places in my country.

All the best

Thank You, That is Very Nice of You

If we were still in China, I'd be so very happy to show you around, It is so very inexpensive to travel in China.
Most of our National Treasure's are open freely to the public, Like the Forbidden City in Beijing, you could spend all day there and it's free, the minstrel shows and puppet shows and concerts are free too, it would cost to eat there of-course.
But this thread is not only about China, so I'll be good.
ETD: If you see two strange looking, very lost folks.

Please say Hello!

edit on 21-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good thread Smyleegrl! Beautiful pic's everyone!

Here's a barn on the road to my house:

Here's the damn dam:

This is a small part of the lake:

This is Beauty Mountain over-looking the New River. It's now considered that the New River may be the oldest river in the world. I think it's also the only river to flow north:

This is the New River Gorge Bridge. It was the worlds longest arch bridge until China had to beat us. It is 876ft high. There is a big event every year where hundreds of thousands of people attend from all over the world and base jumpers do their thing. You can Youtube it to see! It's wild stuff:

edit on 22-1-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Fylgje, Beautiful pictures, Sorry about my country building the longest bridge

What state are your pictures from?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am thoroughly enjoying this positive thread. Thanks SG.

I was born in Toronto, Ontario Canada and lived there during the 50s - early 80's. So, the old Toronto is my Toronto. This pic is of the old city hall skating rink, where I recall my friends and I would skate there at night and drink hot chocolate to stave off the cold.

We now live in Southwestern Ontario in a medium-sized city, 10 minutes away from wine country and one the the seven wonders of the world; Niagara Falls. We still spend a great deal of our free time in Niagara Falls and Toronto. These pics are exactly what you will see while driving.

We actually took a ride on the 'Maid of the Mist' which goes right up to the waterfall. Sometimes we stay in the hotels and always get a fallsview room; it's a spectacular view.

Now these pics are of Southern British Columbia, Canada, where we are planning to retire. Specifically, Osooyoos or close by, but definitely within that area. Simply gorgeous views.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
I think it's also the only river to flow north:

Like the Nile and the Meuse?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Beautiful place, I always considered moving to Sweden or Finland, I like the progressive ethos and the architecture as well as the scenery.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
BUMP.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Smyleegrl,

I came across this beautiful picture of a church in Cades Cove, in the Smoky Mountains, TN, and thought I would share it with you and the other members.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join