posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Northumberland mate, We call it "the thinking mans Cornwall"

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
reply to post by smyleegrl

Nice thread idea...makes you all the more aware of what a beautiful and diverse world we are blessed to live in...and as someone who is not a huge fan of travelling, other than on foot and bicycle, I do enjoy being offered a window into the less talked about places...

My city, York...

Cheers Kilgore, saved me a job there.
Certainly not the most cherry picked pics you could have used either (no pics of Constantine!).

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Im also half and half from my celtic roots, and im proud of both, rarley do i need to shout at myself in the mirror

Does it depend upon the quantity of Buckfast being consumed?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

To be fair, it's better than Nelson! Plus, you can get takeaway for a couple of quid (the mrs has a brother living there).

Still wouldn't want to live there though!..............

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Cheers Kilgore, saved me a job there.
Certainly not the most cherry picked pics you could have used either (no pics of Constantine!).

Well, he's not looking at his best at the moment what with all the scaffolding at the back of him...

But here ya go...

...don't go saying I never give ya owt.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

That was my first guess, but that beach had me questioning my own judgement...beautiful neck of the woods...lucky you!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is right outside my front door. A few weeks ago we had a good snow..which is rare.

I am from southern Illinois. Some of the pics from over seas are very lovely...I wish we could all trade places for a while
edit on 14-1-2013 by Neopan100 because: /

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Aaah Constantine.........

Cheers again Kilgore. Good to know there is someone to rescue me from my technophobe nightmare on a thread such as this. And no, instructions are no good to me - when it comes to computers, they appear to be written in Klingon!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ohio, USA, between Cleveland and Akron...my city is the average suburban town, nothing impressive to show you, but we are lucky to live very near the Cuyahoga Valley National Park...

..and right in the middle of it, the Blossom Music Center...

Peace!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I actually don't recognize that area. Are you from Southeastern Illinois or just pretty far south? I live about 30-40 minutes from St. Louis.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Ooh Ooh (desperately waving his hand)... Trade with me. That place looks like pure heaven, i could spend a lifetime wandering around there and never get fed up.

You people in the US are blessed
You have in my opinion the most beautiful country on this fine earth- such rich diversity.

Sure, we all know that parts of Europe or indeed anywhere are beautiful, but the grass is always greener ya know?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Lol. You're right to a degree but having spent most of my life living in both Scotland and Ireland (Cork- The Rebel County), I can tell you that they mostly respect and back each other up, but when the subject changes to football then all bets are off and sleeves rolled up

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

I am from Marion, Illinois. It's were IL57 meets IL24. I think STL is about 121 miles from here..could be a bit more..it takes us about an hour and a half to get to the river. We go up to Trader Joes and shopping every few months..that ride is BORING! So flat. We are right where the flatness meets the hills and rocks.

You are seeing the area of
Shawnee Forest
Garden of the Gods
Ferne Clyff
Dixon State Park/rec area
Bell Smith Springs...(which is just BEAUTIFUL) it is a hidden treasure..a natural spring and the water is so clear.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Neopan100 because: .

Here is agoogle linkto images of around here...
edit on 14-1-2013 by Neopan100 because: added link

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was born in Newport News, Virginia, then went to louisville kentucky, then to new river north carolina Marine base, then to El Toro Marine base Calif., then on to Naval Station Apra Harbor Guam, Then to WASHINGTON. Navy Annex, DC (lived in Falls Church), Then Back to Santa Ana ,Calif. Then to Lemoore Calif/ Aircraft Carrier for 3 years. Then to Tustin, Calif., then to Alanta, Georgia. Then back to Tustin, Calif., Then to Florida. I lived in all those places.

I've been to other places (and ships) for short periods of time :
Mombasa, Kenya., Subic Bay and Olongapo MANILA, Philippines, Hawaiian Islands, Wake Island, Japan, Alaska, Hong Kong and Kowloon Peninsula to name a few.

Jeeze..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So, I had to contribute to this positive thread. I have to admit, this is a good idea! To answer your question:

Georgia coast sure is a beauty at sunset.

And, although this is half way around the world: Kawasan Falls, Philippines. Looks like I've got the best of both worlds.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Jess117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I've been to other places (and ships) for short periods of time :
Mombasa, Kenya., Subic Bay and Olongapo MANILA, Philippines, Hawaiian Islands, Wake Island, Japan, Alaska, Hong Kong and Kowloon Peninsula to name a few.
Jeeze..

You should go to Cebu Philippines next time! It's not so crowded there, the people are friendly, and the beaches are really nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

smyleegrl, Absolutely Great Thread...
I was born and raised in Harbin China, My city border's are close to North Korea and Russia.
My home now is Phoenix, Arizona with my husband.
My home city is famous for the Winter Ice Festival.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I was hoping you'd bring those beautiful pictures!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Stumped....
You know it's bad when you look on Google images and can't find one nice picture.
Million and one pictures of ruddy Staffordshire bull terriers though. Youtube will have to do...

This is the kind bit...And to be fair for most of us this is only a quick bus or 10 minutes in the car away. For the main hub of civilisation around here it's pretty grim though.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

A Briiliant Idea Smylee !!!! S&F

I will most certainly keep an eye on this one, some of the pictures shared are totally awesome !!!

Hope to see much much more members contributing on this thread. Here's my part of the world:

==========

Where I work, most of the time, Montreal, Quebec:

Here's another shot, from an angle showing the Olympic Stadium where we hosted the 1976 Games:

For anyone visiting Montreal, the Old Montreal (Le Vieux Montreal) is a must:

A highly visited spot:

You’ll also catch sight of the Notre-Dame Basilica, a neo-Gothic church built in 1829 and inspired by the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris. This church is one of Montreal’s most popular attractions.

More about the Old Montreal Here.

==========

Where I live, in a small town near the St-Louis Lake, on the South Shore of Montreal:

Where I spend a little bit of my time off, in a natural habitat protected area called Pointe du Buisson:

Where I spend most of my time off, an eight kilometers island - a protected natural habitat as well - called St-Bernard Island:

From deers to foxes to turtles to over two hundred and fifty various bird, this is what I see, everytime I go there:

Finally, this is a picture of me, taken last summer, on the North end of the Island. We can see a bit of Montreal in the background:

And before anyone asks, that chinese tattoo means "Passion".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join