It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Watch 2013

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The mid-west is blank [I'm sure it's all a big coincidence] and Minnisota seems to be glowing a bit again.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Elizabeth Colorado.
June 16th

Elizabeth Colorado
June 17th

Elizabeth Colorado
June 18th

Elizabeth Colorado
June 18th
Someone even screen capped the main board

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Radioactive beef in Hitachi City [60 miles from fuk]

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Radioactive beef in Hitachi City [60 miles from fuk]

Cool (and especially sad) vid. People know they're buying radioactive meats, and this shows the beef steak went from ~20 microsieverts to ~40+ microsieverts after opening the package and measuring the radiation with no thin plastic shield.

Japan is being whitewashed on all fronts about the magnitude of the situation

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

just a matter of time for us in the U.S. Unless they start putting depleted waste in our drinking water like they do floride ,to get rid of it.
edit on 12-7-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello. Would you be kind enough to verify that the irradiated meat products discussed above are a direct result of exposure to radiation from Fukushima?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'll take that as 'No, I'm just scaremongering', then.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
I'll take that as 'No, I'm just scaremongering', then.

I don't think anyone can be 100% sure, but there may be some credibility as the video is in Japanese. At this point it is my belief that average informed person is aware of the problem but their life goes on as usual.

For this video, and with your stated location in Tokyo, do you have any geiger counter or other tool that counts radiation so you can analyze it in your daily life?

I'm curious if you are stating this response from personal data gathering

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

I don't think anyone can be 100% sure,

Yes. And that's the skeptical attitude I'm taking. On other threads, you'll see cattle deaths in Canada being attributed to Fukushima, lumps in throats in America. Etc. One guy linked his migraines to Fukushima.

No. I don't have a geiger counter. No, I don't worry about it unduly, because I've got a life to lead.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I don't think anyone can be 100% sure,

Yes. And that's the skeptical attitude I'm taking. On other threads, you'll see cattle deaths in Canada being attributed to Fukushima, lumps in throats in America. Etc. One guy linked his migraines to Fukushima.

No. I don't have a geiger counter. No, I don't worry about it unduly, because I've got a life to lead.

Maybe not 100% sure agreed on overseas, but how about the very peculiar conditions with cattle in Japan? Also, why is it acceptable for food to be marketed and sold using the amount of microsieverts in the product?

Do you acknowledge the radiation (and who knows what the full spectrum means) exists? Just curious =)

But yeah, I think for most all of us, it is "I've got a life to lead."

I just wonder about the grandchildren...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes. But there has been no verification that the meat contamination is a direct result of Fukushima. It's all fruitless speculation. I'm vegetarian anyway :-)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes. But there has been no verification that the meat contamination is a direct result of Fukushima. It's all fruitless speculation. I'm vegetarian anyway :-)

Ok.. Well, I can't predict the future, and even though meats/products in the rest of the world (outside of Japanese cattle potentially affected by Fukushima) are not measured for radioactivity maybe means it could be there as well.

Who knows what long term radiation exposure could cause anyways.

Vegetarian diets are great, I would still augment them with some meats/dairy/nuts though. However, I would stay away from localized mushrooms - they are a radiation sponge imo.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

would still augment them with some meats/dairy/nuts though. However, I would stay away from localized mushrooms - they are a radiation sponge imo.

To be honest, I'll risk the mushrooms over a plate of decaying cow, if it's all the same to you :-)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Item

Amaricans are in grave danger due to RADIATION from FUKUSHIMA!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by baddmove
started on 8/12/2013 @ 10:30 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by baddmove
I've been telling my wife for the last 2 years that the radiation from Fukishima is getting worse..

Here is a Blog cast you should all listen to...

some excerpts first...

[[A]t this current time in July of 2013, Fukushima is 80 to 100x more expansive and more intense – letting out about 100x more of the radiation of Chernobyl. The problem with Fukushima is that it’s not only continuing for 865 days…
I mean, let’s wrap our minds around that for a second – it has been leaking out radiation in increasing volumes for 865 days. That’s two years, four months, 12 days to be precise – since 3/11/11. And it’s coming in the air. It’s all over the Pacific. And what we have to do is –we’ve been charting the progress of this – how it’s been affecting stillbirths – and the Canadian government let out some studies saying that it found stillbirths along the British Columbia coastline that are 800% -- year over year – increased since 2011…

Hawaii is one of the states that is receiving most of the Fukushima radiation in the U.S. The other areas are the west coast of Canada…
(read that again)

Alaska is third because the jet stream obviously functions right up into the north during the summer months -- and then obviously in succession Oregon, Washington, California and then so forth further eastward, obviously. So, if the Fukushima radiation continues – God forbid – for the next five years – but that scenario is increasingly likely – the cumulative radiation in New York City will be the same in five years as it is today in Crescent City, California…

And the Obama administration, going back to Fukushima, ordered – they ordered the shutdown through the EPA -- the Environmental Protection Agency --

which is one of the most corrupt organizations in the US and world – because they shut down all of the west coast sensor towers for the radiation starting on April 2011. And they have not been functioning since, except for a few periods of time, and all of that information has not been shared through the free information act – which I find is just outrageous , especially when I seem to remember very clearly words from the current administration that they would be “more transparent” -- which has been nothing more than a lie…

You can listen to it here..scary stuff people....

networkedblogs.com...
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Crazy. I grew up in Elizabeth, Co (lived there 8 years) It's a cow patty town in the middle of no-where really. My family had 7 members when we moved there and they added 7 to the population sign when we showed up, haha, Wonder why only that small area would read so high? Never thought I would hear that town referenced on ATS

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Ibaraki prefecture testing a car air filter [They breath too, right] 7.0 microsieverts or about 70 X background.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Item

After disaster, the deadliest part of Japan's nuclear clean-up beginning this November!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by MariaLida
started 8/14/2013 @ 10:48 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by MariaLida
Insight: After disaster, the deadliest part of Japan's nuclear clean-up

(Reuters) - The operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is preparing to remove 400 tons of highly irradiated spent fuel from a damaged reactor building, a dangerous operation that has never been attempted before on this scale.

By Aaron Sheldrick and Antoni Slodkowski
TOKYO | Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:16am BST

Containing radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released in the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima 68 years ago, more than 1,300 used fuel rod assemblies packed tightly together need to be removed from a building that is vulnerable to collapse, should another large earthquake hit the area.

Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) is already in a losing battle to stop radioactive water overflowing from another part of the facility, and experts question whether it will be able to pull off the removal of all the assemblies successfully.

"They are going to have difficulty in removing a significant number of the rods," said Arnie Gundersen, a veteran U.S. nuclear engineer and director of Fairewinds Energy Education, who used to build fuel assemblies.

The operation, beginning this November at the plant's Reactor No. 4, is fraught with danger, including the possibility of a large release of radiation if a fuel assembly breaks, gets stuck or gets too close to an adjacent bundle, said Gundersen and other nuclear experts.

“There is a risk of an inadvertent criticality if the bundles are distorted and get too close to each other,” Gundersen said. He was referring to an atomic chain reaction [...]

“The problem with a fuel pool criticality is that you can’t stop it. There are no control rods to control it,” Gundersen said. [...]

“Previously it was a computer-controlled process [...] It has to be done manually so there is a high risk that they will drop and break one of the fuel rods,” [Toshio Kimura, a former Tepco technician, who worked at Fukushima Daiichi for 11 years] said. [...]

The process will begin in November and Tepco expects to take about a year removing the assemblies, spokesman Yoshikazu Nagai told Reuters by e-mail. It's just one installment in the decommissioning process for the plant forecast to take about 40 years and cost $11 billion.

uk.reuters.com...

enenews.com... u-cant-stop-it-no-control-rods-to-control-it-consulta

Wait check
Worry check
Duct Tape you bet your sweet ass duct tape

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Radiological Release Incident

For the first time since the 2011 Fukushima disaster, a Radiological Release Incident
has been officially decalred.

Tank Has Leaked Tons of Contaminated Water at Japan Nuclear Site

Three hundred tons of highly contaminated water has leaked from a storage tank at the ravaged Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant on Japan’s Pacific coast, its operator said Tuesday, prompting regulators to declare a “radiological release incident” for the first time since disaster struck there in 2011 and adding new fears of environmental calamity.

Workers raced to place sandbags around the leaking tank to stem the spread of the water, contaminated by levels of radioactive cesium and strontium many hundreds of times as high as legal safety limits, according to the operator, Tokyo Electric Power, or Tepco. The task was made more urgent by a forecast of heavy rain for the region later in the day

www.nytimes.com...

And this just in from Rueters

Japan will raise the severity rating of a recent toxic water leak at the destroyed Fukushima nuclear plant to level 3, or "serious incident", on an international scale for radiological releases, underlining the deepening sense of crisis at the site.

Contaminated water with dangerously high levels of radiation is leaking from a storage tank at Fukushima, the plant's operator said on Tuesday, the most serious setback to date for the clean up of the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.
www.reuters.com...

For the first time since 2011, an INES rating has been issued...
Deep sorrow for those there at the plant, news reports say workers have been
"dusted" , setting off alarms, and that the levels of radiation are very severe.
edit on 20-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join