It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Already, the new server and forum seem to be having a very positive effect on ATS.

So far this month, we've had just over 18,000 visitors looking at 220,000 pages, at an average of 37,000 pages every day. This is a pace to put us at 1.11 million pages viewed by the end of May.

Also, just six days into May, ATS has served over 5 gigabytes of bandwidth (1/2 the specified monthly limit of the previous server). This is a pace to put us at 25 gigabytes of bandwidth by month's end.

These are very respectable numbers by any standard.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Your welcome William, and I'll see about doing more to ensure a steady increase of numbers stated.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I had many troubles last month, and during the end of April I gave up trying to post on ATS because it was so slow. Now that it seems to be running at good pace again, I have been a more frequent user. I missed being able to come on here and enjoy myself, Bandwith problems don't allow that. I thank the ATS staff and most of all I thank William, for his, time, money and effort he puts into allowing us to speak the truth to those who seek it.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, William you have done a great job performing the necissary odds and ends. Perhaps I will nominate you for more than the "April Fool" Award.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ON an income vrs expenditure scale, is the site breaking even (or is it too early to say). I would hate to have to pay for the bandwidth if I was Simon!

BTW what is the cost of bandwidth, obviously there is a wholesale and a 'retail' cost. How much per gig on average?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
and what about an abovetopsecret.com email address..can I get one.. do I have to pay....Answers I require answers...

Chris

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
ON an income vrs expenditure scale, is the site breaking even (or is it too early to say). I would hate to have to pay for the bandwidth if I was Simon!

BTW what is the cost of bandwidth, obviously there is a wholesale and a 'retail' cost. How much per gig on average?

If you're willing to do as I did with a rack-space machine, bandwidth can get cheap. My cost is roughly $0.44 per monthly gigabyte for the total package, but I need to buy a good-sized chunk to get that price.

top topics

join