It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting object I've captured in 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I found this object in the sky one night. I have no idea what it is. I've ruled out pretty much everything that I could think of. (satellite, ISS, etc) I posted this in the Gray Area of the forum, but to no avail. I was hoping someone could at least attempt to elaborate on what it could be.

Original photo: sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

Zoomed photo: sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net...

Btw, if it matters, the camera I used is the Sony DSC-W330.

In the original photo, the object is towards the top of the picture. Object was also motionless.
edit on 13-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Did you take it out of a car window? while walking? Were you moving when you took it or was it on a tri-pod?

If you were moving and the exposure time was set high on the camera it could just be 'motion blur'. It looks like it was taken at night, many cameras have a function 'night mode' where the shtter is left open longer to capture more liight, but objects and lights will leave trails if there is movement. the night mode may come on automatically on some models depending on available lighting. with the newer sonys this is likely.
I
If this is not the case then I don't know what it is.. perhaps a big L shaped asteroid flycing close to earth? L-Man alert ? Dunno :/

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

Sorry, I always leave out details. Especially the most important ones. I was standing in my backyard motionless. Also, I am not aware of any night mode on that particular camera. If there is one, I didn't see it come on. And, the object was motionless as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It looks like its either a star or planet to me , you can find out by installing Stellarium , its free and will tell you whats in the sky from where you are looking .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The most important details are still missing.

1. Why did you stand in your backyard in the middle of the night taking a picture of the sky ?

2. Did you see the object with the naked eye ?

2a. If so, are there more pictures ?

2b. For how long was the object visible ?

2c. Did it move ?

2d. Did it emit audible noise ?

3. Did anyone else see it ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The most important details are still missing.

1. Why did you stand in your backyard in the middle of the night taking a picture of the sky ?

2. Did you see the object with the naked eye ?

2a. If so, are there more pictures ?

2b. For how long was the object visible ?

2c. Did it move ?

2d. Did it emit audible noise ?

3. Did anyone else see it ?

1.) I was letting my dog outside, and always like looking up at the stars.

2.) Yes, I saw it with the naked eye.

2a.) Those are the only photos I have. I didn't see much point in taking more.

2b.) I have no idea. I eventually went inside.

2c.) No. It wasn't moving.

2d.) It did not emit any kind of sound.

3.) As far as I know, no one saw it but me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like its either a star or planet to me , you can find out by installing Stellarium , its free and will tell you whats in the sky from where you are looking .

I must disagree with you. It does not look like a star or planet. What star or planet looks like that? I also saw stars in the sky. They looked like they usually do. Dots.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

What star or planet looks like that? I also saw stars in the sky. They looked like they usually do. Dots.

Not all Stars look like dots , some look like flashing beacons and are often mistaken for objects in our atmosphere ...UFOs

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You could say the time and date for starters, there is/was other scheduled space stuff, apart from satellites, ISS, and Shuttle.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What star or planet looks like that? I also saw stars in the sky. They looked like they usually do. Dots.

Not all Stars look like dots , some look like flashing beacons and are often mistaken for objects in our atmosphere ...UFOs

I didn't say stars didn't flash like a beacon. But my object didn't flash...and it didn't look like a star. And that star doesn't look anything like my object. Case still open. And, people tend to associate UFOs with aliens. I am not. UFO can mean a couple of things. Unexplained flying object; Unidentified flying object; Unidentified floating object; etc. I'm not assuming aliens at the moment, but am not closed to the explanation. I consider that explanation logical, among others.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You asked ...

I was hoping someone could at least attempt to elaborate on what it could be.

I'm just suggesting something it could be , if you want to be sure it isn't check Stellarium or one of the many phone apps available .
If you can rule out a Celestial object then its an unknown .... or something else

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
You could say the time and date for starters, there is/was other scheduled space stuff, apart from satellites, ISS, and Shuttle.

Yes. I could. The date was 10/15/2011 @ 6:32AM. As far as I know, there were no satellites around the area at the time, no ISS, and no Shuttle. Even so, I've seen the ISS around my house...I could easily identify it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You asked ...

I was hoping someone could at least attempt to elaborate on what it could be.

I'm just suggesting something it could be , if you want to be sure it isn't check Stellarium or one of the many phone apps available .
If you can rule out a Celestial object then its an unknown .... or something else

Ha. I would say it's a UFO(not necessarily alien). I've never seen anything look like that in the sky before. Like I said to another person in this forum...I've seen the ISS. I knew it was the ISS when I saw it. I also haven't seen the object since. If I ever see it again, I'll probably forget to download it. Lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by blahxd67
It does not look like a star or planet. What star or planet looks like that? I also saw stars in the sky. They looked like they usually do. Dots.

I believe this to be a classic example of blur. taking photographs at night/dark will cause an object to blur if it has not been lit by a flash. Just my 2c

I agree with the other poster, check Stelarium or another such app and you may find the answer.

Having read the reply from other members you appear to not want to check this out. If that is the case then give us the image details such as date and time and let us know what position you pointed the camera, N, S, E, W?

We can help, if you let us

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Nice picture, the way it's shaped leads me to think it is not motion blur that has caused it. It looks solid to me but I'm in no way an expert.

If it didn't move at all it was not a satellite, I like to watch the sky at night and a satellite moves pretty smoothly and constant across the sky till it gets near the horizon.

Do you have a date for this picture?

What direction were you facing when you took this picture?

The only plausable theory to what it is that I can think of is motion blur or a rocket launch on the horizon maybe?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

It does not look like a star or planet. What star or planet looks like that? I also saw stars in the sky. They looked like they usually do. Dots.

I believe this to be a classic example of blur. taking photographs at night/dark will cause an object to blur if it has not been lit by a flash. Just my 2c

I agree with the other poster, check Stelarium or another such app and you may find the answer.

Having read the reply from other members you appear to not want to check this out. If that is the case then give us the image details such as date and time and let us know what position you pointed the camera, N, S, E, W?

We can help, if you let us

Be safe be well

Spiro

It's not motion blur. In fact, when I was trying to stabilize the camera, I kept getting motion blur. I took photos until I took a clear one. I was facing 10 degrees North.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My friend,

It's not motion blur. In fact, when I was trying to stabilize the camera, I kept getting motion blur. I took photos until I took a clear one.

Can you share the image EXIF data please and let me know what direction the object was in the sky?

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Nice picture, the way it's shaped leads me to think it is not motion blur that has caused it. It looks solid to me but I'm in no way an expert.

If it didn't move at all it was not a satellite, I like to watch the sky at night and a satellite moves pretty smoothly and constant across the sky till it gets near the horizon.

Do you have a date for this picture?

What direction were you facing when you took this picture?

The only plausable theory to what it is that I can think of is motion blur or a rocket launch on the horizon maybe?

The date is 10/15/2011. I was facing 10 degrees North. It's not motion blur. I had to take a few photos because I kept getting motion blur. The one you're looking at is the clearest one.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My friend,

It's not motion blur. In fact, when I was trying to stabilize the camera, I kept getting motion blur. I took photos until I took a clear one.

Can you share the image EXIF data please and let me know what direction the object was in the sky?

Be safe be well

Spiro

How would I do that? I've never done that before. Also, it was facing North.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My friend,

My friend,

Be safe be well

Spiro

How would I do that? I've never done that before. Also, it was facing North.

Every digital camera creates a stamp of details, such as date/time/exposure etc etc. I have checked the EXIF data from your images which you provided and the data suggests the image has been tampered with through an image editor which I presume you did you upload the images here.

The only way we can find the EXIF date is for you to upload the ORIGINAL image to the likes of photobucket or such like.

Be safe be well

Spiro

top topics

<<   2 >>

join