It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu emergency declared in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

www.aljazeera.com

New York's governor has declared a public health emergency for the state over a flu epidemic that has sickened more than 19,000 people, allowing pharmacists to immunize infants and children.

Governor Andrew Cuomo's move on Saturday comes as officials across the US grapple with the worst flu outbreak in several years.

There have been at least 28,747 cases reported across the country so far this season, and 20 children have died from the flu, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prev
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsinfo.inquirer.net
www.globalpost.co m

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Eat plenty of leafy greens lemons and garlic! Flu season in New York is apparently bad enough to declare an emergency. This story also says that certain limitations, which stop pharmacists from administering flu vaccines to people under 18, will be lifted for the next thirty days. So, lot of vaccinations this month.

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Very interesting that this comes at the same time as Bloomberg declares himself as Medical Director of NY and limits the amount of pain killers dispersed in NY hospitals.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This maggot needs to step back and allow actual doctors to decide what is best for medical care.

Give someone a little power and they will attempt dictatorship. My question is why do people keep this scum in office?

No answer? It's your own fault.

Peace

edit on 12-1-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
VACCINE VACCINE VACCINE

GET IT

FEAR FEAR FEAR THE FLU

TAKE THE VACCINE

TAKE IT

TAKE.... IT...

TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
VACCINE VACCINE VACCINE

GET IT

FEAR FEAR FEAR THE FLU

TAKE THE VACCINE

TAKE IT

TAKE.... IT...

Lol I was about to post something similar.
Right on target....
Please 19thousand out of 8.2 million.

ITS A EPIDEMIC!!!! OH NOOOHSSS

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

VACCINE VACCINE VACCINE

GET IT

FEAR FEAR FEAR THE FLU

TAKE THE VACCINE

TAKE IT

TAKE.... IT...

You have it spot on and they're drawing tax revenue on every syringe they draw - talk about suckers!

TextIn the weeks leading up to the Christmas 2012 holidays, some members of Congress got antsy about making certain the push to have everyone vaccinated against the flu would also entitle Uncle Sam to a special tax on each flu shot.

Two bills were introduced into Congress: H.R. 6687 in the House of Representatives and S.3716 in the Senate. The House bill stated it was introduced To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include vaccines against seasonal influenza within the definition of taxable vaccines.

Even though the House bill died in committee at the end of the 112th Congress, the Senate version was reintroduced January 2, 2013 by Democrat Max Baucus and Republican Orrin Hatch.

The new bill was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and immediately sent to the House for passage. A real fast track piece of legislation, I’d say. A sleeper too, that not many people know about.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

VACCINE VACCINE VACCINE

GET IT

FEAR FEAR FEAR THE FLU

TAKE THE VACCINE

TAKE IT

TAKE.... IT...

Right on target....

what if it spread to 19K within a few days from the first reports? o_O

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

VACCINE VACCINE VACCINE

GET IT

FEAR FEAR FEAR THE FLU

TAKE THE VACCINE

TAKE IT

TAKE.... IT...

Right on target....

Actually it's out of 311 million.

"There have been at least 28,747 cases reported across the country so far this season"

That's like 0.00009%...

I've never had a flu shot and never will. I'll make my own antibodies, they'll work better than that lab-grown garbage anyway.
edit on 1/13/2013 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You can almost bet this report was manufactures (and I hardly ever say things like that nor believe them)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by twisted-timothy

Oh no the flu. You only gotta worry if you're old or a baby. Flu comes once every few years, mutates a bit each time. we'll be fine.

EDIT: lol note the language "the worst flu outbreak in several years." Depending on what several years is, it looks like we've got the worst flue outbreak in maybe 5 or 6 years. (that's what i assume several means? under 10 any). #e.. remember the great flu of 06? no? oh.

edit on 13-1-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: see edit

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Very interesting that this comes at the same time as Bloomberg declares himself as Medical Director of NY and limits the amount of pain killers dispersed in NY hospitals.

This maggot needs to step back and allow actual doctors to decide what is best for medical care.

Give someone a little power and they will attempt dictatorship. My question is why do people keep this scum in office?

Peace

Yeah. And Bloomburg got the flu shot. And still admits to getting the flu!

Mayor Michael Bloomberg got a flu shot in October but still got the disease last month. Still, Bloomberg said that won’t stop him from getting vaccinated every year, CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer reported.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

They're limiting pain killers? They're not doctors, so they're apparently practicing medicine without a liscence.

So instead of adopting the Medicare of the Free world, they've adopted the Communist style that tortured people after Chernobyl in the US.

Imprison the Slavers!

edit on 13-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
lol, its funny how everyone i know around me got the flu AFTER getting the vaccination, yet I forgot mine this year, and healthy as a horse, yet ive been coughed on, sneezed at, kissed by people with the flu, and i'm prefectly fine

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
why is aljeezera saying this and not a newyork source?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
lol, its funny how everyone i know around me got the flu AFTER getting the vaccination, yet I forgot mine this year, and healthy as a horse, yet ive been coughed on, sneezed at, kissed by people with the flu, and i'm prefectly fine

Yeah, its called letting your body build up a tolerence naturally instead of pumping artificial crap into your body which most likely has more than just a flu preventer in it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

This state of emergency is brought to you by the Pharmaceutical Corporations of America.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think the laws being suspended to allow more vaccinations was the most interesting part of the article. I wonder what other superpowers you get when you declare an emergency

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
You have it spot on and they're drawing tax revenue on every syringe they draw - talk about suckers!

TextIn the weeks leading up to the Christmas 2012 holidays, some members of Congress got antsy about making certain the push to have everyone vaccinated against the flu would also entitle Uncle Sam to a special tax on each flu shot.

Two bills were introduced into Congress: H.R. 6687 in the House of Representatives and S.3716 in the Senate. The House bill stated it was introduced To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include vaccines against seasonal influenza within the definition of taxable vaccines.

Even though the House bill died in committee at the end of the 112th Congress, the Senate version was reintroduced January 2, 2013 by Democrat Max Baucus and Republican Orrin Hatch.

The new bill was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and immediately sent to the House for passage. A real fast track piece of legislation, I’d say. A sleeper too, that not many people know about.

I wonder If they just need some quick cash

new topics

top topics

join