It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts dont exist - space/time anomaly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
In relative agreement with RP2SticksOfDynamite, I've always had the thought that when one 'observes' a ghost, it may be a rift, or wave in the fabric of space time? I've thought it possible that maybe 'time', as it flows with spaces, observes waves not unlike an ocean. At certain points, the waves will cause the ocean (of time & space), to overlap with them, thus causing a past & present connection in which we see 'Ago' with 'Now'. This may happen as the wave passes through, then back up and over, than down through repeatedly. Like too an ocean, space time does not all have to go up and down with the waves, as some rises, some stays settled, while too there is the bottom layer. That is one of my two theories anyhow...

I agree - I remember a few years ago locking myself out of my flat in London - it was the early hours of the morning, so i decided to hang around in my car until a decent hour whereby i could get a spare key from a friend.

Anyway - i was sober and have never taken drugs - as I sat in my car I idly started to look at the empty street ahead of me.

As I watched I could see figures and shapes, walking, crossing the road, there was a very busy hustle and bustle happening, it was sort of on a sub etheric level. It was fascinating.

I felt sure I was watching imprints of the previous day, or maybe of the previous 100 years - it was like the street had a memory and was replaying this memory on a loop.

I often think that ghosts are slips of time, maybe when we jump because we see them that they jump because they see us ?

This has also happened to me more then once, when I have been in a hypnogogic state, between wake and sleep, I have seen many times a solid 'human', as I jumped, they jumped too.. weird.
edit on 13-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am skeptical as well and this is why I theorize that we may be looking at some kind of space/time event. I think it's possible that we end up communicating with a "higher self" of a person through time and that we are communicating with them while they are still alive. I feel that when we see something, it's because they are coming through that corridor of space/time but these people are not consciously aware. These are, of course, just theories and I feel that we should at least explore the possibility by figuring out how we can prove or dis-prove this theoretical concept.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Some people also theorize that events like the one you mentioned are us seeing through to another reality instead of into the past. According to some of these theories another reality overlaps ours and a barrier between them becomes thin and allows us and them to see through.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

Since we live in a minimum 10 or 11 Dimensional state Universe and all dimensional states are connected and ruled to an extent by each dimensional state...one could look at One Dimensionality as in this state all points of position of both Space and Time are the same.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When it comes to the dead you can have many things going on. Off the top of my head:

1) A psychic with natural mediumistic abilities can act as a medicine man or medicine woman and bring IN the spirit of a dead person to talk with them, gain information, attempt to provide healing for surviving family members, and so on; this is communicating with a soul that doesn't have a body down here anymore but obviously survives death, going on to another dimension most of the time;

2) You can have the recently dead, who linger with a metaphorical "foot" in both the physical and etheric realms for exactly three days/72 hours after death. During this time, even people who don't think they're psychic will tend to have a heightened sense of that spirit being "present" in a very tangible and strong way, having dreams of them, feeling that the dead person is around them saying goodbye, etc. A psychic will be able to actually communicate with the recently deceased, retrieving last minute messages and so on; a healer or shaman will also be able to provide healing and cleansing to the deceased, who almost always went through a great deal of trauma leading up to their death and can use healing.

3) There are ghosts or spirits who have an aspect of their spiritual self, an astral shell, still "stuck" in this dimension; although in my experience even a ghost isn't in our dimension ALL the time, just from time to time, usually when there is heightened emotional energy and/or lots of living people in a space giving off a lot of energy; it's easier for a ghost to come in at those times. Hotels, theaters, churches, hospitals --- these places are almost always haunted by multiple ghosts who come in from time to time, drawn to the vibrant energy of all the living people who move through those spaces. Ghosts usually have emotional trauma that made it hard for them to make a peaceful passing to the higher realms, and sometimes they don't even know that their body is gone, so they can be quite unhappy and sad and angry. Dealing with them is a little like trying to communicate with someone who is a bit "high" on something or drunk or out of it; you need to be very clear, calm and loving to break through their psychic haze.

About the "time travel" aspects, that doesn't resonate with what I've observed and worked with regarding the dead. At this point I worked as a professional ghostbuster on several dozen cases and have worked for free helping the spirits of many thousands of dead -- humans, animals, and even trees. And the only reason I "believe" in ghosts is because early on I developed the ability to chat with them, to gain information from them that was highly specific and could in NO way come from my own consciousness or experience; verifiable stuff that proved to me this was genuine communication. Also when you're an empath you pick up on a great deal of emotional data, it really feels just like a very emotional and vibrant living person is right there with you, often a bit desperate to share their story, make amends, give information to their surviving family members, and so on.

Some "haunted" locations sit on very powerful crystalline mineral beds and other types of strata that create strong "ley lines," and energy sensitives will find a lot of heightened stuff going on in these places --- ranging from demonic activity, angelic activity, ET/interdimensional stuff, natural and positive devic energies, and ghosts. These are all completely different types of beings that too often get lumped together. So it FEELS like an entirely real and vivid experience, not something being generated by your own imagination. And sometimes spirits are quite "dull," too, and they're obsessing about weird stuff like wondering if the new occupants of their home will dust the staircase banisters properly --- you can tell this information isn't arising from your OWN consciousness when you yourself aren't particularly interested in the subject and certainly don't share the interests or obsessions of that particular dead person!

PS: I should clarify that what the OP and some others are talking about, where there is a dimensional rift and you can observe activities of people seemingly going about their business, and this is a seeping through from another time or dimension --- this IS a real phenomenon. There are times when the veil between dimensions is thin and you can see what is going on in alternate realities, alternative timelines, and so on. But this is quite different in my experience than a ghost who is very much clinging in a dense way to THIS dimension and appearing from time to time to the living in this dimension; that ghost is existing in a kind of half-dimension, not quite elsewhere, and not quite here; quite an uncomfortable thing for these trapped souls.
edit on 15-1-2013 by LipstickMystic because: content

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You could argue based on dimensionality but I was specifically referring to realities in this case. Length is a dimension but not a reality. Just clarifying lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I am not speaking of varying dimentionalities.

What I am refering to is a possible connection to our other selves that would exist within an Alternate Divergent Universal State.

This connection may well be made by the possible exchange of Quarks which exist at a numerical minimum and maximum within every Proton and Neutron.

Thing is Quarks can exist numerically at will between the minimum and maximums and could very well be changing existence within one version of ourself to another.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

Ghosts, for the purposes of this post, are a collection of energy that contains some or all of properties of a person that has died but without a body or a completely solid form.

Tell that to my stepdaughter who experienced a totally SOLID ghost not see through, not transparent totally solid and physically touched her. That's the truth, I know she could not be that good of an actress to have appeared as freaked out/scared as she was, and there was no way it was an actual person that lived, and no drugs or liquor to be hallucenated.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Op if your theory were to hold as true then the opposite should be true as well. We in the present should be able to communicate with the people of the future, except we would be seen as ghosts to these people. We'd also have to be standing in a location of significant importance to us (since most ghosts haunt areas that were important to them while alive). Yet we do not hear stories of someone suddenly having contact and scaring the beejeezus out of some future resident in their home.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I wasn't saying that "ghosts" can't be solid, I was only laying a basic framework to make sure there was a common point of reference. Some theories posit that people can "phase in" to our realities.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ahhh.. yes. inter-dimensionality is also a possible. We could cycle through various dimensions and depending on the phase of that cycle we could come in contact with other beings in other realities. It might even be as a result of some kind of field that surrounds each person as this would explain why not everyone sees everything.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

Well one has to be careful when using the word Inter-dimensional as I was refering to Alternate Universal Divergent Realities.

Human Beings exist Inter-dimensionally in our 10 or 11 plus Dimensional Universal State. Hollywood has created this misconception that a different dimension means something it does not.

Dimension is a term of Geometry and Hollywood would make you think that a different dimension is like an Alternate Universal Reality. It also would make you believe that beings of matter can exist in say a two dimensional state whic they can't because Matter needs at least 10 or 11 dimensional states just to exist.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice theory OP. I've thought along those lines for a long time. Not quite sure we could communicate with them though, but who knows? The way I see it, we are looking at a tear in the space-time continuum, for want of a better term, and are seeing some events of the past like through a dirty window.

Many ghost apparitions give out this impression anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If you're up for it, a more in depth explanation of what you just posted would be brilliant, please.

Interesting thread.

edit to ask
are you saying this is just double speak, and refers to what we are individually? Is that what you mean? I'm sorry if that is a stupid question, clearly I have more reading to do....
goodness!

edit on 19-1-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

OK...I will try to explain this in as simple and basic a way as I can.

Hollywood has incorrectly made films that would have you believe that the Aliens that are visiting our planet are not from a Planet in a Solar System somewhere in our Universe. As in the latest Indiana Jones movie the written story line told of Interdimensional Beings that visited Earth from their home which was explained to exist IN THE SPACES BETWEEN SPACES.

The problem with this is multifaceted in that since these Aliens in the movie were tangible matter as well as the story making them able to be seen and detected by Human senses...this is contrary to what the reality of the physics would allow.

Human Beings are in essence Inter-dimensional beings. Humans...the matter...particles of mass and all the Quantum Particle/Wave Forms that make up those particles as well as the Quantum Particle/Wave Forms that orbit our Atomic Nucleus' that are Electrons and other Quanta such as Photons that are generated from our bodies such as IR Light...CAN ONLY EXIST IN A UNIVERSAL REALITY THAT HAS AT A MINIMUM 10 OR 11 DIMENSIONAL STATES. Every single Atom in our bodies and the Atomic Particles that are in the Nucleus' and the Electrons orbiting are completely comprised of QUANTUM PARTICLE/WAVE FORMS such as Quarks, Leptons, Mesons, Glueons, Hadrons...etc....as well as the Electrons orbiting the Nucleus and the Photons being emmitted also are Quantum Particle Wave Forms.

This means that on the very smallesr possible level Human Beings are COMPLETELY MADE OF ENERGY. This Energy that is Quantum Particle/Wave Forms needs at a MINIMUM at least 10 or 11 Dimensions and perhaps more existing in our Universal Reality JUST SO WE CAN EXIST. This means that Humans ARE an Inter-Dimensional Life Form. If you were to hear such a statement out of Hollywood such as in the Indiana Jones Movie where William Hurt corrects Jones' son by saying...they are Inter-Dimensional Beings in fact. This statement is assumed to mean that these Aliens exist in another dimension...which really means very little and is a statement that people not understanding the realities have incorrectly assumed means that another Dimension means another Divergent Universal Reality with different Universal dimensionality.

This issue is even confused by those who are writting the story as they have combined the impossibility for tangible Aliens consisting of Matter to be able to live in a lower number of dimensional states...which would be the answer to the Spaces Between Spaces statement...but this is impossible as I have stated Matter cannot exist in a lower dimensional state that is less than 10 or 11 Minimum.

So what they should be saying is the Aliens are visitors from an Alternate Divergent Universal Reality...most likely from our group but with a very small possibility of being in a different Multiveral Group of Divergent Universal Realities. Our Reality is but one of an Infinite number in ONE Multiversal Group. There are also Infinite numbers of Groups and each group has it's own Universal Physics or lack of or even exists as a construct that we can neither understand or define. The point is that any life from a Universal Reality in one group would have a very low probability of either being able to travel to or even exist within a Universal Reality of a different group.

A Dimension is just a term of Geometry. When we say length, width, height...those are three...but we do not live in a three dimensional Universe as this is not enough for movement and without movement no Electron Orbits thus no matter so Time makes 4 Dimensional States. Still 4 dimensions is not enough for Matter to exist as even if you have time as well as lenght, width and hight...you still need more dimensions to allow for Quantum Particles/Wave Forms to exist as both Particle and Wave. Without these extra dimensions Photons cannot act as a wace and thus Light could not have frequency and thus no color as well as Electrons not having Frequency when they act as a wave and thus no Electric Frequency and no Radio Waves.

We need at MINIMUM 10 or 11 Dimensions in our Universe for the Physics of this Universe to work or exist.

Also...since it is logical to assume that Life as we know it and certainly the Aliens in the Jone's movie were visable as well as Biological...must have Matter and Energy to exist as Life...the thought of 2 Dimensional Life Forms would be impossible as represented as the Aliens in the Movie. Or even such depicted Life existing in a Sub-Dimensional State such as the description the Spaces Between Spaces. If a form of Sub_dimensional Life does exist then it COULD NOT EXIST OR MANIFEST IN OUR UNIVERSAL REALITY as well as such life would most likely be confined to a Divergen Universal Reality that is not of our Multiversal Group. Split

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I think there is something to what you are saying. This does not always seem to be the case though, I still think there are ghosts but they may never have actually been humans. I would say more like programs powered by people themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

How does the idea that an outcome is changed based on the introduction of an observer? From our perspective and understanding of the physics at hand, we have drawn conclusions as to what we think can and can not be. At the same time, it was once thought that the sun revolved around the earth and the sciences at that time thought that it was not likely that the earth revolved around the sun. I'm sure there is other scientific conclusions that were thought to be the only possible solution and then later to find out that it's wrong. Based on what we currently know, we see how your conclusions would be scientifically accurate, however, I personally also believe that there are elements that are undiscovered that could change the way we see things. As we are the observers, our perceptions could easily determine the outcome.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

Well...this is what is GREAT about a Multiversal System. The observer is accounted for as any observer and all possible actions and effects of such actions are covered under the concept of Infinite Number of Existing Divergent Universal States of Reality.

This means that every possible action and outcome will exist in it's own Universal Reality. If every possible combination of each event has it's place in it's own Divergent Universal Reality...your question would be covered.

LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

LOL..
I've often thought that multiple observers can also shape a reality. For example: If there are 20 people that believe the sky is green with no doubt in their minds otherwise and one person that believes it's blue, the sky will be green because the collective belief of 20 people overcomes the belief of the one. To this end I think that we all essentially live in our own bubble of reality and that it's the very thought energy of those around us that allow us to shape our worlds into something that is essentially a common consensus. So we live both in an collective reality as well as one that we can shape that only effects us. People who "see" or "hear" paranormal events may have a little more power behind their reality and are able to step beyond the collective beliefs of the world in general and tap into echo's of other possibilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

This is the same premise as a bunch of people always turning their hats backwards when a batter is up to plate so that he can get a hit or as a recent commercial shows a bunch of people turning their beer bottle label toward the field to influence the field goal kicker to make the kick! LOL!

Unfortunately this does not work. What would work would be a person or bunch of people creating a BUTTERFLY EFFECT an example of CHAOS THEORY....which is a theory of how in any closed system no matter how big...a specific action can influence the outcome of another action even if the first action seems random or so distant as to seem unable to influence events.

Also Chaos Theory is the ability for a person to predict the outcome or action of something through the observations and thus calculations that will allow predictions of events that appear random but are driven by other seemingly random events.

Again this only works in a closed system and would only work in an expanding Universal System if a person was to know the position of every particle/Wave form in the Universe. If a person could know this then they could predict all future events.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join