It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May I suggest dogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not sure why ghost hunters don't bring a dog or some other animal on their ghost hunting adventures? Aren't animals sensitive to this kind of stuff? Well I havent seen any on any of the ghost hunting shows. Mind you I don't watch those shows all the time...

Just thought I would throw that out if not brought up before...

Sorry for the premature tap on my droid if notcable..
edit on 11-1-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Because that would make their jobs a lot harder if they have to teach the dog to react weird when nothing is truly happening which i'm sure is 95% of the time.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

They are sensitive to that kind of stuff already. Get a trained dog that sits and watch the animal observe. Use the animals natural abilities to tell a ghkst hunter to point an electronic gadget in a direction that an animal directs its attention to...

I think its quite simple actually...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Forgive the Naysayers,
but yes this works, but is a rare thing because most people don't know they have psychics in the house when they have animals.

I have had two animals that were proficient in sensing energies this way. One a white cat, another a blind dog.
I took the dog on a couple of investigations when she was alive,, and would love another dog such as her. Cats are better actually, but can't get them to used to travel and strange places. In the group I worked with we always requested information about how pets act. If they were present,, you could get vital clues, about the people too, not just the phenomenon. Anyway.
People might laugh, but that is OK, I doubt they have animals if they do.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

ive notcied that both my cats and dog will act weird at nothing, theyll make growl and chase nothing bu i dont think my house is haunted so im not sure if you can really use them that well

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters does take a dog on their trips. They have shown her many times on the show.

She stops and stares, still as a statue, when she picks up a spirit. Sometimes she whines and runs away.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks a bunch for the reply... Plus I think a dog would be useful on bigfoot discoveries. .. if not done already..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Personally, I wouldn't give any credit to that show.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is a ghost hunting show that has a dog on it. I think it's called Encounters? Or Haunted Encounters? I remember the dog's name is Captain. Totally awesome dog, seems very sweet. They don't take him to all their hunts, though, because some places aren't safe for him and some places just don't allow dogs.

I've only seen the show a few times on demand. It's on Biography Channel. The show is OK. Lots of the usual. Their EVPs always sound a bit weird to me.
I dunno - I need to watch some more episodes before I really give it a thumbs up or down. But I do like that they have a dog on the team!

Oh... haha! I just found The Captain has his own facebook page: www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Ghost Hunters does take a dog on their trips. They have shown her many times on the show.

She stops and stares, still as a statue, when she picks up a spirit. Sometimes she whines and runs away.

I was once in a hotel and my dog just stood silent staring at a closet until he started growling at nothing there. so im not sure what drives digs to do things like that

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Haven't read through the responses but yes animals are more sensitive. An old friend of mine was afraid of her house and basement. One night I was investigating it with her and we stood in silence for awhile. Her dog was outside looking in on us through the window. We walked from room to room and went to walk into the bathroom which was unfinished and the poor cat bolted from the room just as I was about to enter the bathroom. The dog started barking, growling, howling and pawing at the window. When we stepped away from the bathroom, she was calm again and watching happily. I know she something that we didn't.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I detest Ghost Adventures - not to derail the thread but Zak's methods bug me. You should not provoke spirits at all. He's just a douchebag. Ghost Hunters was okay at first but a lot of these shows are staged.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This post makes me think of something from my childhood.Our neighbours had a dog called Nero( this dog spent about 3/4 of his life barking:mad
and there was in their yard,an outside building,a biggish room,really.Whenever their faughters and i played in there,i could'nt wait to get outa there,and often made an excuse and went home on days when they insisted on playing in there.The athmosphere of menace was so strong,it was like a thick syrup-just unbearable to me.

As we were returning very late one night from visiting relatives my mother saw a person walk from that outside room,towards the neighbour's back door,the kitchen door.Next day she remarked to the neighbour "Wow you were up late too" and the woman replied that they were all asleep at their normal time,round 10pm,but this woman and her daughters were wary in their own house,there were spooky goings-on,she often said this,over a number of years.

Anyway,one night,for some reason,maybe they were out for the evening,i can't remember,they locked the dog in there.They came back to discover they now had the unexpected expense of putting in a new glasspane,because that dog was so terrified that he jumped throught the window to escape from that room.

new topics

top topics

join