It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan & Ben Sahiro on guns (And the reason Americans don't like Piers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Watched this live last night. Notice how this guy Ben is saying almost everything Alex said, only in a calm tone (excluding his remark, "Don't lump me with Alex Jones." They talk about Alex like he's trash, but whatever), then after his segment, they go to commercial and replace him with some kid who CLEARLY doesn't know what he's talking about, who says "Um... guns need to be locked up... something needs to be done..."

Said kid was involved in one of the shootings, and traumatized. He's also a teenager. Way to exploit the weak and ignorant, Piers. Anything to get someone to agree with you, huh.

At first, I didn't like Ben. Never saw him before. But, for coming out, and straight up calling Piers a bully (which he is), I kinda like him.

Piers Morgan with Ben Shapiro on guns

For those of you who didn't see the original Alex vs Piers, here you go.

The Alex Jones / Piers Morgan fight

Why do Americans dislike Piers Morgan? Because he's in our country, trying to take our guns. This is not Britain. This is America. Our guns are none of his business.

I understand why many people don't like Americans, because of the angry impression people like Alex Jones leaves on you. But listen here, Alex, along with the rest of America, is enraged when people from outside of the country stick their faces in our business. Britain was in favor of taking our guns a long time ago, weren't they?

Watch this gun debate, and weather you're American, English, Mexican, blue, or pink. Tell me honestly.

Do you honestly like Piers Morgan?

Piers Morgan's "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" Debate

Do you like this man? Do you agree with this man? Really?

It's not all "America is the bad guys."

Alex said--whatever you think of Alex, I don't care, it's the truth--Hitler took the guns, Stallin took the guns, every government gone tyrannical took the guns.

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, and I apologize, I know everyone is sick of hearing about this... but it really irritates me.

EDIT; found another video. Jesse Ventura on the show, his views on gun control. Didn't see this video before.

Piers Morgan and Jesse Ventura on guns
edit on 11-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Alex was spot on - but there is a way to communicate well, and a way to communicate bad.

Alex does not know how to calmly talk about something without comming across as a radical.

You must talk in ways people relate to if you want to win them over... not in ways they are afraid of.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Why we don't like him???

Because he is a Jackass Blowheart that is not a US citizen that thinks he gets to yell from atop his soapbox, which is usually ignored, about how America needs to change.

Why is it the Progressives infect places and then state that place needs to change.
Piers, if you don't like America, please, go home. You will not be missed here.

Event he X-Factor didn't want him anymore.
When Pop Culture turns on you, you know you are a dismal failure.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Sick of the Alex Jones was out of control comments from the ivory towers.

What do you think the rooms looked like that were discussing the revolutionary war? You think they were not heated arguments, fights and im sure of it even deaths over it?

Its about time we got angry about the sickness that runs this world.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I hate piers, a lot.

Piers did raise a good point or two (when Alex let him ask) specifically the number of murders using guns (37:11,000, with the respective populations 70m:350m), but Alex had some excellent points too.

Unfortunately Alex and his extremely aggressive attitude, kinda hurts the arguments he takes, he may be right but would YOU give him a gun and then try to argue against him? lol

The UK DOES have more violent crimes, i think a point piers would have made, is that percentage wise, crimes that end in death are far more likely to end in death if a gun is involved. Id rather be mugged and stabbed and live - than be shot and die, if i had a gun to defend myself as well as the criminals gun the chances that some one dies rockets up.

Im from the UK and i think that while criminals can get their hands on illegal weapons through smuggling from other country's etc is a possibly, a law abiding (no criminal record) mentally stable individual should be allowed to own a gun to protect their home. But you can only have this situation once the number of far more easily available weapons is significantly reduced. In the USA there are so many guns illegally and legally owned that such a realistic and justified place can never be reached. All in all, you USA guys are in a real pickle.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

people don't like piers because he's an arrogant douche bag who act's like his crap doesn't stink.

the only reason piers is in america is to avoid troubling and inconvenient questions like "do you honestly expect the world to believe that as chief editor of news of the world you didn't know all your reporters were hacking phones".

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
look, no one likes piers morgan, never did - i was beyond amazed that US media gave him a job and it seemed like we had palmed him off on some suckers at last. we will not take him back though, it's no returns so find your own bunch of idiots to pass him on to.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yes that looked very bad for Alex, avoiding the question with more (and stupid) questions.

Made his relevant and justified comments look weak, not good over all for the cause, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

At the very least though he got 'democide' trending on google.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Responding to Piers Question "Why would anyone want to have an assault weapon?"...

I think the best answer to this question is if we answer another question...

Why does a Dog lick its gonads (for a better word)?

answer is simple: BECAUSE IT CAN!!!

2nd amendment allow us the right to bear any, any, any arms... the only limitations are our desire and our purchasing power.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I don't like Piers Morgan at all. The first time I watched his show was when he had Mike Tyson on, im a big fan so I had to watch. And what ends up happening? He goes straight in about the whole tray-von martin shooting. It was just too stupid. Lets ask a convicted rapist about his opinion on moral issues. Yeah, that's the ticket...
I mean if I were to do a show saying its wrong to hack people's phones and for journalists to write stories about illegally obtained information, I probably wouldn't ask morgan to ask him what he thinks.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Why do Americans dislike Piers Morgan? Because he's in our country, trying to take our guns.

Actually, I don't think that's the reason why people don't like him. Piers Morgan was disliked and sometimes hated long before he began to epsouse his views on gun control. Piers Morgan is like the Simon Cowell of journalism. He is one of those types of people you "love to hate". He is a loud mouthed, often rude, extremely arrogant, in your face, cocky, egotistical conman, a liar and a political opportunist.

He was practically ran out of his own country for his illegal and immoral behavior and then brought his pompous, self righteous, demi-godike dogma with him to the USA and picked up where he left off. Jumping on any band wagon he can hang onto and exploiting the latest hot topic of the day for every penny and peanut he can put his grimy little weasel like hands on.

This was just the straw that broke the proverbial camels back and will hopefully be the great flood that washes his British butt back down the drain to where he came from and where he belongs.

Piers Morgan? Yeah, I know that guy ...... he's okay I guess.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe he would feel better in Mexico, they have much stricter gun laws and I heard its super safe.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

While people are complaining about how Alex Jones yelled at P.Morgan it is Ted Nugent that told Piers to drop dead and he could kiss his ass. I don't hear screaming to the roof tops about that confrontation. The only reason Piers is even still on the air is due to him using this topic and getting wel known guests on his show to raise the ratings. Even at that he has such a few people that watch his show they are planning on moving him to another time slot. Personally I believe he should be cancelled. He is a nobody trying to be a somebody and all he can do is talk about how wonderful the UK is and how the US should be just like his wonderful homeland. If he is so worried about armed Americans no one is stopping him from going back to where he would be safe. In fact he has had more than one invitation to do just that. He needs to get over the fact that this is not the UK. We don't want to be part of the UK that was settled a long time ago. Not once but twice they were sent packing across the Atlantic . Now we have this piece of work trying to tell us, in his better than thou snotty arrogance how we should be like him. Go home Piers even you may not be wanted there either the UK not the US is your home.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've been watching Piers do his pompous jackass routine on British TV for many years. He is shameless in the questions he asks his guests, prodding for info until he can see the inside of their shell, where he has no right to be.
He only got his talent show jobs because his own only talent is blatant exploitation for personal gain. The more controversy this snake can generate, the more he keeps himself in the limelight, so it doesn't surprise me that he uses gun controversy as a tool.
He doesn't care about your gun control policies imo, he's more interested in how much he can profit from peoples personal tragedies.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yuniorsan

As much as your 2nd amendment is about owning guns, it is not the sole reason. Your 2nd amendment is about protecting yourselves against tyranny and when your government come for your guns, you should understand that tyranny isn't far away. I think attacking your gun rights is a major warning sign and you need to fight this crap, these Media a/holes who most likely walk around with armed bodyguards until the very end. Attacking your 2nd amendment should be the beginning of tyranny to every law abiding gun owner.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Piers Morgan is a joke. He has horrible ratings and a small following of 300K people (globally) and is probably on his way to unemployed unless he can manage to keep people watching by exploiting the recent tragedies even if they involve children. Kind of ironic since he wants to save the children but at the same time convince Americans they should give up guns which lots own (legally) to defend the same children Piers wants to save. He also feels the need to talk over anyone when they start making sense but if they go to crazy town he lets them speak. Let's start a "Don't Watch Piers Morgan" social media movement

en.wikipedia.org...

After a respectable start on the debut show,[7] and tripling the viewing figures of King's program,[8] Piers Morgan Tonight had suffered from falling ratings.[9] On his first show 2.1 million U.S. viewers tuned in,[10] but by the second show the ratings dropped to 1.3 million.[11] The January 28, 2011 edition garnered just 498,000 viewers

edit on 11-1-2013 by oniraug because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

people don't like piers because he's an arrogant douche bag who act's like his crap doesn't stink.

the only reason piers is in america is to avoid troubling and inconvenient questions like "do you honestly expect the world to believe that as chief editor of news of the world you didn't know all your reporters were hacking phones".

Clap , applause . clap , repeat .

They don't even like him in the UK ( from what I have read )

top topics

join