It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Taibi (video): Secrets and Lies of the Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here you go... though I realize this may be getting redundant, it is yet another example of how government is the puppet, and the bankers pull the strings!

In essence, the numbers are constantly manipulated and the taxpayer (who is flipping the bill) is constantly being lied to.

Wonder why the system has gone down the drain?

We have bankers who think in trimesters, telling politicians who think in four-year cycles what policies to apply which are paid for by taxpayers who have no choice but to think in real-world, long-term views.

Personally, and after having read (I highly recommend it BTW) James Rickards' "Currency Wars", I believe that the depreciation of the dollar is actually the goal, in order to try and alter the trade imbalance with China.
The problem, once again, is that though this may look good on the government's balance sheet, it has the potential of hitting the common citizen really, really hard.

But since when was the well-being of the citizen ever their concern... well, in theory we know it is their mandate, but most of us have long realized that this is but a sad, sad joke.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

The first problem is this idea that the government should "do something".

The government should do nothing, let the banks fail. If the banks were allowed to fail, they would stop taking risks and get their books in order.

But thats not how our Oligarchy works. Profits are private, losses are public.

And these guys arent even talking about the real bailout, the $16 trillion given away by the "Federal Reserve".

Ratigan talks about the mainstream bailout:

edit on 11-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh, I agree.

If I were to agree to any bail-out, it would have taken that tax-payer money and deposited into the bank accounts of U.S. citizens in those banks.

One one hand, the bank's books would have looked just as good, but on the other (and more meaningful) hand, the citizen's money would have gone back to them, in the form of disposable currency which would most definitely have stimulated the real economy.

Now, if only the money could be spent exclusively on "made locally" products, then the "economic crisis" would be a non-event! (Due to the almost endless multiplier effect.)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For me, on of the most disheartening aspects is the fact the the number of accounts in these large banks has significantly increased sine the butt-reaming they perpetrated on all of us. How many ATSers are still doing their banking with one of the big banks? How about ATS itself? I was one of many that moved all my banking to a small community bank and couldn't be more pleased. What about everyone else? Where is the outrage? Where is the 'vote-with-your-feet' pressure?

join