It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are a dying Breed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is insane! America is dying, it's constitution is dying and it's people are dying! We are shooting each other up, fighting amongst ourselves over every little thing and the whole time pointing the finger at TPTB & each others ideas and beliefs as the problem, the cause, the infestation instead of looking in the mirror and around our own homes & communities & habits!

America isn't about working hard for your money and living the American Dream anymore, it's about busting your a!! so your neighbors can collect their welfare checks and go buy beer [snipped] while their children fend for themselves and go unbathed! It's about running your unemployment out until you're the next one standing in the welfare line instead of going out and finding a job, maybe for a little less pay than before, I mean God forbid you should take a pay cut and work your way back up the ranks! What the hell ever happened to that idea and that work ethic? Oh I remember now, it went by the wayside while everyone became too consumed with what the freaking Kardashians were doing, who was pulling who's hair out on ANTM, which teen kid was spittin out another one on national tv, and who was blowing who up on the latest blood and guts game hitting the shelves!

We are becoming and raising a society that has no values anymore and no belief system! It's all about being freaking politically correct so that Uncle Sam can get his foot just a little bit further in your back door while the electronic babysitters take care of brainwashing your kids so you can harvest your crops on farmville!

We want to be mad that kids are shooting up kids in school and the government is trying to take away our guns, and no one is doing anything to fix it, but WTH? IT'S ALL REACTIVE! America was built and founded on PROACTIVE IDEALS! We BELIEVED in something! And I honestly don't care if you belive in God, or Krishna, or Budha, or Aleins or some primordial cess pool that spit us out hard enough to grow arms and legs..... We have to believe in SOMETHING or we end up where we are today, with a society of people that believe in nothing but themselves, breeding an ignorant, superiority, entitlement attitude that can't handle it when something goes wrong, or they don't get their way!

Technology is killing us, not advancing us! We are glued to facebook waiting to see the latest updates on "friends", stuck to our phones that flow in with constant text messages, bombarded with MSM's take on things, there is never a break from the chaos, no one thinks for themselves anymore! You have a problem, make it public and make your decision based on how many "likes" you get! I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE! Right wrong or indifferent, WE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS! There is never a break from the drama, the body and brain never gets a break from the stress and drama, and with no one to turn to but the video games and reality tv, we are escalating out of control!

I'm not saying we need to start a revolution, i'm suggesting we all turn the crap off for a while, take a good long hard look in the mirror, honestly evaluate where you think you are, where you think you're going, what you can do to make a change in your own little world so that maybe together it'll begin to make a change in the bigger world. We've been headed for hell in a handbasket for quite some time...... I think it's time to Get up and Get mad and put the brakes on!

edit on 11-1-2013 by Jusvistn because: fix video link

edit on 11-1-2013 by Jusvistn because: Paragraphing

edit on Fri Jan 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Then the mods can move it, i'm not sure i know how.
Maybe it is a rant, maybe it is only my opinion, but i think there is more truth in my rant than most ppl will care to agree with. And I haven't a clue what you mean by poorly written key words. but thanks anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Another problem with America is everybody is an English Teacher.

Forget the English Lecture and look at the message that is being put forward in a very passionate, heartfelt way.

I agree with most of the points, except the employment section - You can't accept even low paying jobs if there are none there.

S&F

edit on 11-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Fact...communication is effective if it is clear,concise, and easily digested.

The OP is a passionate expressive member, but if he/she used the paragraph and spacing bar ...more would read and digest.

Instead of skimming.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

No jobs, I agree with you on that, but i've seen ppl get offered a lower paying job and refuse "because they can make more on unemployment" and yes, maybe that is true, but unemployment runs out, and then they are making nothing, and crying poor in their beer that there aren't any more jobs out there. Not everyone mind you, but many. The same with the Welfare system, folks that really need it to get back on their feet are denied, while others just ride that wave and never make an attempt to have anything better or be anything better.

Thank you for the compliment. Amazing to me how this video quote is as true today as it was in 1976. Seems not much has changed except the players, the faces & the way technology delivers it all to us.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
No only a small worthless, meaningless collection of geekwads on a website Big deal

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I hear what you are saying, and trust me America is not the only country that are having issues, everyone is!

Since the turn of the year 2000 the world has been slowly going to hell and it seems to be speeding up now. The human condition is so different to what I remember of the 80's and 90's I can't even see a way back from where we are.

That being said, I think as a species we probably deserve what we are getting now, look at what we have done to the planet, other species and each other. The human species must seem like a parasite spreading like a disease all over the world. If I was looking in from the outside I would want to exterminate the human parasite too, before it consumes all.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

I agree wholeheartedly! There is a part of me that wishes 12/21 would have brought some kind of world wide mega doom, just to wake ppl up!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

your point? I think i missed it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

My point is that no one on this site, nothing we discuss or how we discuss it makes a rats ass of a difference. We could all die right now/live to 150 and it wouldn't make a difference. This is the internet and totally unimportant.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

You're right, I could drop dead on my way to work and this thread would die and no one would know the difference or care. And maybe that is part of the problem, ppl want to gripe and complain and discuss and point fingers, but no one wants to get up and get out and try to make a difference. Maybe it's because we've forgotten HOW to make a difference because everything has gotten so skewed and dispropotionate that we don't know where to start. Maybe that is the whole point of my post, to see if collectively we really can start to make a difference instead of just talking about it and insulting ideas.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The world needs to fall apart before anything can be accomplished.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Then in that case, I'll take my experience and honorable discharge to the grave with me.

But before that, I hope to go down with the rest of our generation in history. Except, I'm going to pray for my exit to allow me to honor my Viking and Phoenician ancestors in such a way, it makes Spartans drool in jealousy.

edit on 11-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

From a huge family line of Honorable Discharges, and here in my house, they will get my guns from my cold dead carcass. I want to keep my guns, but I don't want my kids to get blown away at recess. I want my retired grandfather to quit his "greeter" job at walmart and enjoy his retirement while the able bodied man goes to work to earn his time off. I want the single parents working 2 jobs to support families to get the help they need to get on their feet, while the mom down the street that keeps spittin out kids to collect the welfare and then giving them to foster care when the age out to get fixed and get a job. I want to see new jobs created for the folks that are hitting it hard to find work and those who are not to be held accountable. I want to see a government that respects and understands the constitution and the value & and values it's meant to uphold.

I'm from a different kind of generation than what is happening today and I'm having a hard time grasping how we got here and just exactly where we are headed.

ps. Thank you for your service
Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated and valued.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I think the problem is really people like you. You clearly have no empathy for someone who is down and out and needs welfare to survive. Lets see how proud you would be when your stomach started to growl and none of your bills could be paid. You oppose technology, which is the only thing that keeps us advancing. Nay sayers of technology have been around forever, at one point people were afraid walkmans were going to destroy society. Blah. Facebook and text messaging allows us to be in constant contact with people we care about, I dont see how thats a bad thing. And lastly you want people to believe in SOMETHING just not themselves aka humanity. Thats the real problem. People are still using their magical thinking powers and invisible sky daddy so solve their problems instead of realizing that WE are the ONLY ONES who can SAVE OURSELVES. More people need to have faith in themselves and in their fellow humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I do not want such horrible things to occur either.

I've started a RATS thread on dealing with exactly that. But its another topic, so...

A public awareness initiative can start to address these issues, but a more proactive general public is what may be required for any effective change. At that point it is more like a preventive maintenance procedure, and unless they are willing to, it is up those of us who have already, made the change either as a life style through service or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I think you misunderstood. I have been down on my luck and pulled myself up from my bootstraps to keep on keeping on. The problem that I am trying to point out is that folks who are down on their luck and going through some hard times and crisis don't seem to be the ones who are getting the help and assistance they need, while those who are taking advantage of the system and the help are enabled to keep doing so. I'm not saying that if you've lost your job you should grab the first min wage one out there 1 hour from home where you need a 2nd job just to pay your gas and your babysitter, and if your down and out and getting help and working toward making your life better and getting off the help, I would be the first one to praise you and assist if I could. I have a ton of empathy towards the human race, but there are some, you must agree, that are sucking the life out of this country. As far as technology, you can't get a job today with having a cell phone or computer, and i'm not opposed to technology, just saying that we need to be able to turn them off and give our minds, our bodies and our souls a rest from them.

Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Perhaps it is true.

Perhaps we are a dying breed.

But it is not in my nature to surrender to circumstance.

I know there are others who feel this way. I hope that I am not alone in stating that there is no problem wrought by narrow self-serving interest, that cannot be overcome with sincere effort, with an undying passion to make real the true objectives of freedom and liberty. These things are not in the domain of any group to hijack for their own benefit.

Contrary to the position of many - we are not 'stupid' - we are not 'inept' - and we deserve the human dignities we demand as a right.

I will not be among those who throw up my hands and say - "Go along to get along!" And I will not allow myself or those I care about to become oppressed by 'organized' and 'entrenched' promoters of their own 'entitlement to grandeur.'

The real debate has yet to begin in this country... not because we are incapable of sustaining a dialog, but because the gatekeepers orchestrate continuous strategies to keep us off-balance. And apparently, not one among them has the real courage of a leader. They are all subjugated by the expedience of politics, commerce, and those who they fear.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Very well said Maxmars!

My post, although a bit of a rant, was put out there to see if anyone at all would contribute any type of an idea on how to fix the problems in this country, as it seems the leaders of such have none, it appears the general populace does not have any either. Yet, in my neck of the woods, you can hear them all complain of these things far and wide and constant.

My point is the more we all remain in a reactive state (someone got shot! take away the GUNS!) the harder it is to think from a PROactive state (someone got shot! it's happening frequently, what could be the CAUSE?)

top topics

join