It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on population

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Its an obvious fact our population is growing too fast. What will it lead to though? Whether its birth control or not, it will not be slow enough to control our population growth.

More people = more resources (another obvious fact). Reusable resources will not do the trick either I think.

I believe Darwinism is a stage and that once we reach our limit, it will be survival of the fittest and strongest.

My theory is that we will eventually have a war. This will start with conflict between the greedy and the people surrounded by remaining resources. Only death is the way to remove the weak and the strongest will survive. Who is strong, I dont really know.

Why do you think I believe this? You have 1 sweet and 10 children. Who gets it?

When will this happen? Not in our lifetime but then again the population is unpredictable and my theory can be totally wrong!

So what do you think? Am I insane? Am I right? Am I wrong? lol

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you are wrong .... you are not far off from right. Look at every species that has ever lived. Notice how the animals that roam in packs when being hunted it is something that is done with skill. The lions just don't eat one of them they chase them for a while then .... when the weakest one falls to the back of the pack then he eats him therefore leaving the rest of the STRONG FAST animals to survive.

If we as humans would just accept the fact that Handicapped people are Handicapped and quit spending billions of dollars each year to help them. ANd start spending billions of dollars to try and improve on those of us that are "OK". Can you imagine where we would be at in the evolutionary chain. If we spent half the resources that we do on Handicapped whether it be for the Blind or Maimed.

My Cousin is blind he has been sent to Lions School in ARkansas for FREE he can go to any college in Texas for FREE !! He can get anything he wants pretty much for free. And if he can't all he has to do is right his governor and it will be taken care of. ALL BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD. When are we goign to realize that looks aren't everything and I mean that as in LOOKS--meaning--- The things that we do to try and help people out like open doors for elderly, Let them open thier own doors why you think they get weak in thier old age .... if I walked around all the time with people doing everything for me I wouldn't be in very good shape myself.

Just a thought ... or a couple

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the world population is expected to reach it's climax by 2051 I believe. Your theory sounds pretty good though. I could see it happening sooner than that though.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
If we as humans would just accept the fact that Handicapped people are Handicapped and quit spending billions of dollars each year to help them.

Man that is great! I couldnt have said it better myself. It does sound somewhat evil, but it is right, totally right. On a primitive level, has there been any reports of animals giving other 'handicapped' animals special assistance just based on their disability? I've never seen another bonobo monkey help his paralyzed friend walk around.

But then again, doesnt that seperate us from primitive animals? The ability and the choice to help people? Guess that makes us human?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
if anyone was interested alot of interesing ideas were talked about on this thread

Link to Thread

my ideas are on there as well

i agree that the world's population is way out of control...
the way to slow and then reverse the population is to make it pointless to have more than 2 children (this idea would only work in the west)
child benefits would should only be paid to first 2 children, the second child only gets half the finacial support that the first child gets.
This a bloodless and humain way to reduce the western population
the middle east is more difficult as child support doesn't exist,

population movement should also be limited as this would stop countries such as Britain becoming over populated on such a small island

if this post is offensive to anyone i'm sorry, i'm trying to be practical
'you sometimes have to be cruel to be kind'

[edit on 26-6-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 27-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i think that the national health system should be scrapped!!! your probably thinking why? i believe this system is nothing but big propaganda programme towards the weak. we are all weak. the strong are weak at some point. we are all going to die sooner or later. a more worse thing is, we stop people wanting to die.

hmmm, ended abit out of topic now, lol, more towards the meaning of life!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm guessing your from the UK, why on earth would you want to scrap the health service... the reason it's there is to help us when we are weak not to dish out proaganda as you put it

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
how times have you heard the government say " we are going to improve health services"

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by bet555
If we as humans would just accept the fact that Handicapped people are Handicapped and quit spending billions of dollars each year to help them.

Man that is great! I couldnt have said it better myself. It does sound somewhat evil, but it is right, totally right. On a primitive level, has there been any reports of animals giving other 'handicapped' animals special assistance just based on their disability? I've never seen another bonobo monkey help his paralyzed friend walk around.

But then again, doesnt that seperate us from primitive animals? The ability and the choice to help people? Guess that makes us human?

Whales stay with thier mate their whoel life if they do happen to die the one that is left will not leave his mate untill he/she has pushed his/her mate up onto the BEACH. .... Kinda the same as not leaving them behind just for animals in the ocean to come along and destroy. Do you think that animals think??? Do you think anyone attacks this pissed off animal after his/her mate is dead? These are interesting questions I would liek to know the answer to. Why doesn't sharks attack this Huge dying whale .... maybe b/c there is no blood ?? Maybe because when they die they don't bleed and if they do bleed maybe the mate doesn't push them to shore.

Any how ... we as humans are so primitive. We give so much care to the younger generations. When it is really the older generations we should be learning from they are the ones that have been here all this time and have the EFFECTS of earth on them .... Hense the reason we go BLIND , DEATH, DUMB, when we get old if factors earlier in our life such as where you live at what kinda Ultra Violet light that touches our eyes. How some of us squint so hard when it is bright outside. Is that b/c our eyes are really really sensitive or just because our bodies have made more changes for some of us ... ***EVOLVING our eyes to squint. ... OH well ... TTYL ..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am a 21 year old Life/Health/Auto/Home/Annuity ... Broker ... I do not know much about the business and I have not been in it but for about a year. But the thing that you are all talking about is insurance. It is regulated by the government well ... 73% of it is ... and 90% of that 73% is State Farm .... I am not sure if insurance is just a simple way of keeping in tact with every citizen. When everyone turns 16 they get a car or thiere drivers license first thing after that is insurance. Giving your DOB, SS# , DL# , and Most Recent Adress... they really need all of this information? How many kids do you have how old are they ... thier names ... All this is BS ... I am telling you ... but any how ... That is what needs to be reformed ... because that is where all of the ACTUAL COVERAGE COMES FROM ... Where else do you get Medical ??? Medicaid , Medicare ... that is a joke ... I mean anything that has Supplements is a JOKE ... that is like saying I want everyone to go out and play baseball but all I am going to give you guys is a Bat and 11 gloves ... but NO Ball ... You have to come and buy it .... seperate and everytime that something goes wrong ... we are going to charge you more FOR THOSE BALLS @!!! ... INSURANCE IS STUPID !!! AND I SELL IT ARGUE AGAINST THAT LoL ... anyways .. sorry about getting off of the subject alittle.

OK MAYBE ALOT OFF SUBJECT ... SORRY .. Didn't turn around and read untill I was through ...

[edit on 10/27/2004 by bet555]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
as far as the handicapped comment goes, the same could be said for people using prescription drugs, we should just let them die right ?

maybe we should thin the heard by starting with folks like YOU

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
as far as the handicapped comment goes, the same could be said for people using prescription drugs, we should just let them die right ?

maybe we should thin the heard by starting with folks like YOU

Maybe you should definately, thin the heard an if it has to start with someone like me ... then god forbid I get in the way of evolution ... By the way that was a statement that was not supported by anything but, self thinking you must have someone that is liek this. or you just think about one thing and do not think to yourself WHY ? ... TELL ME WHY .. Why should the heard start dwindling with me? B/c I am a rationalists ... or b/c I am an insuracne agent lol .... Either one of those have been reasons for people in the past to oppose the other person. GIVE ME FACTS or just your thoughts would be SUFFICE .... Why should we start killing everyone starting with me ? OR why shoudl we not start NOT HELPING the handcapped what has that 50 BILLION dollars done for you that we are now in debt as a country for ? I mean did your grandson that is deaf hear you tell him you loved him is that worth 10 dollars ????
What is human life worth?
Why is it worth that when people are wasting thier lives?
Why should we keep the people that weigh is down here ?
If you were in some kind of dessert 3 days walk from water would you die or would you give your partner a water to drink and try and carry him with you ????
What do you think he would do?
If I ever became incapacitated in any way ... I would not allow anyone to take care of me ... I don't want to be a bother to anyone. Not even my mom and dad that had me .... they don't need me sitting around not being able to feed myself. Or not beeing able to see.

Maybe I am the only one who feels liek this ... THINK ABOUT IT TOWARDS YOURSELF NOT SO MUCH OTHER PEOPLE MAYBE YOU WILL SEE THE POINT OV VIEW THAT I AM LOOKING FOR YOU TO SEE ..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
Its an obvious fact our population is growing too fast.

Not according to some of the sources that have shown birth rates declining (particularly in European countries and in America) over the past few years.

I believe Darwinism is a stage and that once we reach our limit, it will be survival of the fittest and strongest.

My theory is that we will eventually have a war.

You don't think we can do any better than that??? Frankly, I can!

We can encourage equality between the sexes. With women getting better educations and decent jobs, they delay having babies and the population goes down. We can encourage men to learn about birth control. More condoms means fewer babies and less sexually transmitted disease (and better health). More vasectomies means fewer babies.

Better technology means better distribution of wealth (there's fewer extremes between the rich and the poor here in the US than there is in India or some of the third world countries.) Better technology means less pollution.

Better education means better answers to some of the problems (better ways to grow foods, including "organic" foods.) With better nutrition, better jobs, and a better future, people don't tend to have as many children as they possibly can. With better educated parents (fathers AND mothers) the kids get better care (less spousal and child battering among the better educated. Check the stats

I think you're thinking inside the box.

Start thinking OUTSIDE the box, instead. War is only the answer if we tell ourselves that's the only possible answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I suggested we start with you because of your callous and awful comment about handicapped people.

If we're going to make judgements about who should go, I vote for you.
WHY
I'd rather try to survive a war or "depopulation event" with a compassionate, intelligent person in a wheel chair than a healthy SOB like you. Just my opinion, no facts to back it up

BTW, Evolution effects an entire species, not just individuals. Evolution takes place over many many generations through genetics. If a handicapped person can "reproduce" (sorry) their genes carry on.

Killing handicapped people won't effect evolution, but it would effect the population/resources ratio.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How about a wierd quote from a movie everyone knows that makes total sense.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

The way I see it, is it's a total problem and if I believe Darwinism is the way to go, or wars or what not, Most likely senario is that we move off planet to other planets and suck up those resources...etc...etc...etc...

-DT

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let's keep some civility folks.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
you tell me about education but its education that has brought this to my mind. what do you think about the uk education? lol

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Channy
Its an obvious fact our population is growing too fast.

Not according to some of the sources that have shown birth rates declining (particularly in European countries and in America) over the past few years.

My theory is that we will eventually have a war.

You don't think we can do any better than that??? Frankly, I can!

We can encourage equality between the sexes. With women getting better educations and decent jobs, they delay having babies and the population goes down. We can encourage men to learn about birth control. More condoms means fewer babies and less sexually transmitted disease (and better health). More vasectomies means fewer babies.

Better technology means better distribution of wealth (there's fewer extremes between the rich and the poor here in the US than there is in India or some of the third world countries.) Better technology means less pollution.

Better education means better answers to some of the problems (better ways to grow foods, including "organic" foods.) With better nutrition, better jobs, and a better future, people don't tend to have as many children as they possibly can. With better educated parents (fathers AND mothers) the kids get better care (less spousal and child battering among the better educated. Check the stats

I think you're thinking inside the box.

Start thinking OUTSIDE the box, instead. War is only the answer if we tell ourselves that's the only possible answer.

Thinking inside the box ??? I think you took most of these sentences called paragraphs out of CONTEXT ... b/c this is not thinking inside the box ...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
I suggested we start with you because of your callous and awful comment about handicapped people.

If we're going to make judgements about who should go, I vote for you.
WHY
I'd rather try to survive a war or "depopulation event" with a compassionate, intelligent person in a wheel chair than a healthy SOB like you. Just my opinion, no facts to back it up

BTW, Evolution effects an entire species, not just individuals. Evolution takes place over many many generations through genetics. If a handicapped person can "reproduce" (sorry) their genes carry on.

Killing handicapped people won't effect evolution,
but it would effect the population/resources ratio.

but it would effect the population/resources ratio.

Did you just say that .....

what is this thread about ? I forgot or it seems that someone has forgotten ... LoL ... Any how ... The weak are going to die sooner than you anyways. Why try and help them they are going to die ... nothing you can do for them. You think b/c you are trying to extend this miserable life on earth through a handicap ... Then try believing in something else ... GOD , Reincarnation . LoL .. DEATH .. I do not care just believe in something and do nto say I have no facts to back something up. I do not care if it was when you were 5 your little brother died and it touched you ... Tell me .. There are reasons for everything ... reasons the way you believ and the way that I believe things that has gone on in our lifes that make them exceptionally different.

There is a personality test ... ... ... that asks something along the lines of .....
"Close your eyes and imagine a field full of flowers ... What color are they ...?"

Certain colors mean certain things in the way you grew up. Kinda funny what it ends up telling you ... I believe that these test may work on some .. but definately not all people ...

But anyways ...
Yell at me some more for what I am trying to discuss with you and you have not given one solid piece of evidence that one Handicapped person should stay around. Even I can do that ..
I mean ... Hmm ... Lets see ...

Handicapped people are supposedly better in other areas .. Example if someone is Deaf they can see better if someone is blind they supposedly can hear alittle better ... this is definately true and I am not sure if it is because, all of our bodies have the ability to do these things or more of the neurons and stuff that run that Sense of your brain is now being used on another area speeding it up ... AND if this is the case then can we produce more of these things and maybe get our ears to hear as good as they can. Maybe they are good for that .. Research .... but I still vote .... Just handicapped children born without lets say thier legs ... I cannot even type that .... I am not sure exactly what I mean by killing the handicapped. B/c I was going to type we should kill them but then I got to thinking ... and I could never kill my own son even if he came out Half not there. ALL I am saying if I would have been borned half not there I woudl have wanted to die. I am lucky to be the person I am today I guess. Maybe we just need to research Stem cell more .. I dunno ... But I am never going to know if all you do ... is say this is THIS ... B/c I say so and I think it. Why do you think it .. are you really that inside the box ... that is the tiniest box I ever did see ... C'mon please .. join the Conversation ... With details.

[edit on 10/27/2004 by bet555]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

My Cousin is blind he has been sent to Lions School in ARkansas for FREE he can go to any college in Texas for FREE !! He can get anything he wants pretty much for free. And if he can't all he has to do is right his governor and it will be taken care of. ALL BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD. When are we goign to realize that looks aren't everything and I mean that as in LOOKS--meaning--- The things that we do to try and help people out like open doors for elderly, Let them open thier own doors why you think they get weak in thier old age .... if I walked around all the time with people doing everything for me I wouldn't be in very good shape myself

Sad,sad,sad
God forbid that you have a child born with a handicap of some description-aside of the pain and constant emotional wearing down,just trying to deal with the reason why this has happened to your off-spring takes a lifetime-i dont think you ever really learn to live with what seems like such a cruel twist of fate.
Perhaps you would like to see us remove homosexuals,gypsys and non Airians aswell?
We care because its part of our human make up,striving for a greater understanding of each other and working with science to eradicate possible causes of disease and birth defects.
Jeezus man,i kind of got the point you were trying to make but try and have a little more respect.
You other comments about the animal kingdom were totally un founded also,theres plenty of footage availble of monkeys,elephants,hippos,dogs etc caring and protecting for wounded or disabled amongst their social groups.

If I ever became incapacitated in any way ... I would not allow anyone to take care of me ... I don't want to be a bother to anyone. Not even my mom and dad that had me .... they don't need me sitting around not being able to feed myself. Or not beeing able to see.

lets hope you dont but thats the great thing about being human,the ability to carry the less fourtunate-you should be gratefull you race has this trait.

We open doors for the elderley out of respect-respect? try and understand that word when you post next.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join