It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Google Flu Trends, which estimates flu levels based on what people are searching for, is pointing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"Google Flu Trends, which estimates flu levels based on what people are searching for, is pointing to a particularly bad flu season"

www.google.org

Explore flu trends around the world

We've found that certain search terms are good indicators of flu activity. Google Flu Trends uses aggregated Google search data to estimate flu activity. Learn more »
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So as a sort of response to "vaccines don't work", and the supposed fact that fewer people have been getting vaccinated every year, it seems that the number of people getting the flu is up...

...Now I'm the first to say that I am suspicious of what they put in vaccines with immunization. But they do work. And now, the statistics are starting to show the effects of fewer usages.

www.google.org
edit on 10-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Thu Jan 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have not had a jab for the last 3 years and I have had flu over Christmas for the last 3 years, I work in an old folks home and they have all had the jab plus most of my fellow workers have also had the jab, none have been ill.
I will get the jab next year.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

So as a sort of response to "vaccines don't work", and the supposed fact that fewer people have been getting vaccinated every year, it seems that the number of people getting the flu is up...

...Now I'm the first to say that I am suspicious of what they put in vaccines with immunization. But they do work. And now, the statistics are starting to show the effects of fewer usages.

www.google.org

Propaganda...

They don't work. If they worked than the flu should be 1/2 of what it is.

128 million doses have been sold this year alone.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu vaccine makers produced about 135 million doses this year. As of early this month 128 million doses had already been distributed.

www.news4jax.com...

The flu vaccine has done nothing to prevent a national intense level flu. It's a scam.

If you want to disagree with me, then it could be possible that the flu level isn't as intense as claimed and the vaccine manufacturer are hyping the numbers to take advantage of more flu fear free marketing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

www.google.org

Are you suspicious too that perhaps all the billions of dollars and hours put into bioweapons work may bare fruit?

Injecting toxic mercury, aluminum, carcinogenic solvents and toxins isn't the way to health and over time will weaken the immune system. I suspect any negative disease statistics reflect this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Not really. It only takes one strand that's not covered to make the flue vaccine useless.

You get vaccines for the most likely ones that cause serious illness.

Furthermore, a vaccine does not guarantee that it won't adapt to your own body itself. Many times I hanged out around sick people and although was not sick at first, a week later got it.

It stays in you for some time. And if it finds a weakness, it will adapt. But if it's a weaker strand, that adaptation is less likely to be lethal.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

That is one vaccine from one government for one disease.

This is my response to that. Statistics for another disease in another country, with another system.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
On the map that Google has... let me get this right..

China and India don't have the flu? Or just don't report cases?

Same goes for the Philippines. I know they have been pushing flu virus propaganda and to no surprise it is the people with money who live in the city that fall for the media and buy the shot... Which seems like they are doing so in a country that does not record flu cases, or is not a problem country for influenza.

I haven't had a shot in at least 8 years, and have get "sick" once every 2-3 years, maybe. Eating a proper diet and having some form of physical exercise does wonders.

Edit to add: UK has no data? Italy has no data? This map seems more like fearmongering and I am very surprised google does not break down the information further to regions of the USA. They have geolocation tracking for IP addresses, they should be able to break down influence searches by state/region, as opposed to the whole country being about as "intense" as you can be.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

No report. If you recall, Google was sort of invited to leave China.

China and Russia also control internet usage...

I do the same for the flu shot. Because I don't mind the occasional break and "taking the hit". But for lethal diseases like meningitis, it works and is worth it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No report. If you recall, Google was sort of invited to leave China.

China and Russia also control internet usage...

I do the same for the flu shot. Because I don't mind the occasional break and "taking the hit". But for lethal diseases like meningitis, it works and is worth it.

Looking back over my life and the shots I have had; I consider myself fortunate to not have anything terrible happen to me (that I know of, or that has happened yet.) I will not get another shot again if I can help it.

As for meningitis, here is an article where at least 40 children in Africa are now paralyzed after receiving the MenAfriVac vaccine supported in part by... the Gates Foundation.

Paralyzed after Meningitis Vaccine

Not all vaccines are the same it seems.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I always wonder if there is not a some sort of feedback loop.

1. We hear on the news the flu is bad this year

2. We google some search terms just to know what to look for or what to do just in case

3. See #1 because google searches says it, so it must be true

Seems a bit silly to me...
edit on 1/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I imagine not all are the same. I'm probably not going to read that much into the Africa case however. I suspect it's a case of eugenics, but regardless, I simply don't understand *how* that could happen unless somehow that population selection was different.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well actually I'd not heard anything about the flue. But realize that there is a great wall of the internets between old media and new media. What the old media reports doesn't exactly affect we here on the new media. I rarely hear much from them in fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I didn't even know it was going around. I have never in all my 38 years had the flu, my hubby has never had it either and so far none of our kids have. Neither my hubby nor myself have ever gotten a flu shot either.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just got over H1N1 last week and let me tell you it was no joke (I did not have a shot this year). My father who had the flu shot this year was in the ER Monday night for guess what... the flu.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I've heard that some people in my area have had the flu....and it sounds like it wasn't very pleasant.

I think I may have had the flu once in my adult life...for sure...in 1993.
I hesitate to even mention this so as to not jinx myself

But, I try to keep my immune system up, stay of out doctor's offices where there's a lot of sick people breathing on me....shop when stores are not extremely busy....wash my hands.....and I have herbal tonics for infections and respiratory and digestive issues.

Not sure I buy into Google Trends...at all...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

If you've never had it, why would you need it?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

It's significant because it shows how much activity something is getting. It's been fairly accurate for matters like politics and the lot as well.

This year's flu hit me and it hit hard. I was in St Louis went it hit and spent most of my time in the hotel suffering with a pretty bad fever. It was snowing and wet and cold. Terrible time for a cold.

It's not the worse flu I had. But it was the hardest hitting and paralyzing in a while. So keep far from it! Close to 2 weeks later, and I'm still recovering from the cough and I for some reason cannot seem to wake up unless I've had at least 6-10 hours of sleep. This is sort of strange for me, because usually I can run on 2-4 hours of sleep pretty well.

My cure, as hilarious as it may be, was to take a very very hot bath. Just let the fever do its job. Gone within 2 days.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've been hearing radio ads calling for the vaccination of every living citizen in this nation the US. How absolutely terrifying! I'll be going back to the wilderness as soon as people try to force vaccinations and mandatory health insurance payments on me. I've never had a flu vaccine and I can't remember having suffered any flu like symptoms since I was a child. Then again, I eat food and exercise and maintain the attitude that I will not get fat or sick, and here I am fit and healthy.
edit on 10-1-2013 by jasonl1983 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join