"Google Flu Trends, which estimates flu levels based on what people are searching for, is pointing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by MaMaa

If you've never had it, why would you need it?

Am I missing something?
I don't need it, not in my opinion anyway. I figure I have never had the shot and never had the flu, why fix what isn't broken.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

lol you're not missing anything.

You are blessed to live in a place where common paths of disease cannot reach you. Congratulations!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It's interesting that even though the US has the highest rate of flu vaccination, it also is the only country list as having "intense" flu activity on that map. Higher activity than may countries that have colder climates and are less affluent. I wonder to what degree diet and exercise is a contributing factor.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by Gorman91

So as a sort of response to "vaccines don't work", and the supposed fact that fewer people have been getting vaccinated every year, it seems that the number of people getting the flu is up...

...Now I'm the first to say that I am suspicious of what they put in vaccines with immunization. But they do work. And now, the statistics are starting to show the effects of fewer usages.

www.google.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Propaganda...

They don't work. If they worked than the flu should be 1/2 of what it is.

128 million doses have been sold this year alone.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu vaccine makers produced about 135 million doses this year. As of early this month 128 million doses had already been distributed.

www.news4jax.com...

The flu vaccine has done nothing to prevent a national intense level flu. It's a scam.

If you want to disagree with me, then it could be possible that the flu level isn't as intense as claimed and the vaccine manufacturer are hyping the numbers to take advantage of more flu fear free marketing.

I've been vaccinated every year for the last twenty-five years of my life, in all that time I've caught the flu once, and even then it lasted about a day and a half.

This year I didn't due to a new baby, work, life in general and low and behold I get the flu for the first time ever. I mean really get it, fever of a 103.7 for two days, vomiting, hot/cold flashes galore. I'm still recovering from it, although technically the test for flu came back negative/inconclusive, the only thing that stopped the escalation of symptoms was tamiflu, so there you go. You think a vaccine is bunk? Okay, but you're wrong. I can tell you from first hand experience, from having a family that exists almost entirely in the medical field and from just common observations. Just because you don't grasp what actually goes into vaccination and research doesn't mean it's a terrible plot to kill all humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Your immune system must shine with heavy metals. Congrats. And a very unbiased reportage as well with your world full of medical personnel. All your 25 years, eh? I know I'm convinced.

Vaccines are one of the worst things you can do to your existence. Pharmaceuticals are another. Surgery is still one more for the list. Radiation? Not recommended either. I think you get the point.

Why are people afraid of getting sick? Get sick, eat some dirt, eat or drink something a little off, and learn. Your body learns. You get stronger in every way.

Don't be afraid of illness. It doesn't feel good and it's annoying, but it's a good time to learn for everyone. You take care of others and are taken care of. You can feel a whole range of emotions that you're not really allowed otherwise in our brilliant, modern, fulfilling society. And yes, sometimes people die. Yes, children too. And yes, feel sad about that but living an artificial life is worse than death.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I haven't had a flu vac since I was in elementary school (in my late 20s now) and I haven't had the flu in in so long I can't remember. I may have gotten it 5 or 7 years ago.. maybe? I have only had it a few times in my life, but I think 90 percent of my cases were when I was in the ages when I was getting the shots. Maybe you have been getting the flu now because your body started to rely on the shot and when you stopped 3 years ago your immune system wasn't ready to defend against the flu without it. My own personal experience makes me think it's not worth it, but maybe I am just not as susceptible.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
On the local news last night, they "pre-spun" a story on the flu, saying that "the number of deaths had soared", and I was expecting that the number would go from the four that had been reported in the morning to seven or eight.

Nope, 23 people died last week in Minnesota -- the number went from four to 27.

As someone who has an underlying condition that makes me very susceptible to the flu, that's pretty sobering. Yes, I get a flu shot every year, because unlike most people who aren't over 65, my bad lungs mean that getting the flu can kill me. Even at an effective rate of 60% I'll take a poke in the arm any day.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

What happens when people are suddenly cut off from things like medication and vaccines? Will there be a withdrawal that will be utterly crippling? And is that incentive to decrease dependency on these things? If things continue on like they are, we will reach a point where most of our citizens are either fragile and ill perpetually or complete hypochondriacs, either way it encourages me do without any of those things. And is there a pneumonia vaccine? I think that would really concern someone with lung issues.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, just as fast as the "worst season in years" was shouted from the roof tops, CNN reported this morning that there is a steep drop flu reports in the South and Southeast.

Add to it the "flu-like-illness" thing and who really knows what's accurate?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

What happens when people are suddenly cut off from things like medication and vaccines? Will there be a withdrawal that will be utterly crippling? And is that incentive to decrease dependency on these things? If things continue on like they are, we will reach a point where most of our citizens are either fragile and ill perpetually or complete hypochondriacs, either way it encourages me do without any of those things. And is there a pneumonia vaccine? I think that would really concern someone with lung issues.

I don't want to butt in impolitely, because you both have valid points.

However, I just want to inject: we all die.

If taking shots make you feel like you will live longer, enjoy. We all live once, prepare mentally or physically, whatever makes you feel more comfortable.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by Awolscout

Your immune system must shine with heavy metals. Congrats. And a very unbiased reportage as well with your world full of medical personnel. All your 25 years, eh? I know I'm convinced.

Vaccines are one of the worst things you can do to your existence. Pharmaceuticals are another. Surgery is still one more for the list. Radiation? Not recommended either. I think you get the point.

Why are people afraid of getting sick? Get sick, eat some dirt, eat or drink something a little off, and learn. Your body learns. You get stronger in every way.

Don't be afraid of illness. It doesn't feel good and it's annoying, but it's a good time to learn for everyone. You take care of others and are taken care of. You can feel a whole range of emotions that you're not really allowed otherwise in our brilliant, modern, fulfilling society. And yes, sometimes people die. Yes, children too. And yes, feel sad about that but living an artificial life is worse than death.

Okay man you have fun with catching any number of disease that will kill you or severely harm how your body works for years. Or if you're a parent like I am kill your child because you consider them to be something that they aren't.

You think that your immune system can weaken or strengthen based on input? It doesn't. But hey live your life the way you want to. Namely some backwards 1800's style way of viewing the world and advancement in healthcare and lifestyles.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

What happens when people are suddenly cut off from things like medication and vaccines? Will there be a withdrawal that will be utterly crippling? And is that incentive to decrease dependency on these things?

As I understand it, each year the virus is a little different, and the vaccine is a little different in order to try and stay ahead of things. Yes, it is probably pretty likely that there is a flu virus in our future that will not be thwarted by the vaccine that year, and you'll quickly be rid of a lot of people like me. On the other hand, if I hadn't been getting the shot all along, it's quite possible that I'd already be gone.

And is there a pneumonia vaccine? I think that would really concern someone with lung issues.

Yes, there is a pneumonia vaccine, which I got a couple of years ago. As soon as he realized that I hadn't already gotten it, my doctor got me the shot (which was in short supply at the time) the same day. It only protects against one form, bacteriological, though.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Well, just as fast as the "worst season in years" was shouted from the roof tops, CNN reported this morning that there is a steep drop flu reports in the South and Southeast.

Add to it the "flu-like-illness" thing and who really knows what's accurate?

The interesting thing about that google graph is to go look at the 2009-2010 history -- an early spike, then it drops off far sooner than any other year. So temper claims of "look at the numbers, and flu season doesn't peak until March!" with that -- some years it comes early, and it leaves early, and this may be one of those years.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

However, I just want to inject: we all die.

We certainly do, that's why I won't spend my hard earned money or even my time worrying about something as mundane as the flu. I have treated my body in a fashion that allows me to be apathetic about flu or colds, even despite all of the chemical exposure that unfortunately just "comes with the territory", territory being life in the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Intresting thing about that Google flu map... Northern Hemisphere = pretty much high flu activity. Southern hemesphere, almost no fluy activity.

Could it have something to do with Winter and low sun exposure. I think it does.

My opinion...
Wash your hands with PLAIN (not antibacterial) soap and warm water. Keep your hands away from your face. And take vitamin D to get your D3 level up toi about 75ng/ml.

edit on 11-1-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Intresting thing about that Google flu map... Northern Hemisphere = pretty much high flu activity. Southern hemesphere, almost no fluy activity.

Could it have something to do with Winter and low sun exposure. I think it does.

Actually, I think that the factor that winter would play is to keep people in confined spaces indoors. You can be infected by someone who sneezes 20 feet away from you, and the crud stays around for hours if there isn't something in the environment to disperse it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by davjan4

Actually, I think that the factor that winter would play is to keep people in confined spaces indoors. You can be infected by someone who sneezes 20 feet away from you, and the crud stays around for hours if there isn't something in the environment to disperse it.

that's true... but why do those doing the infecting have the flu in the first place? The connection between the flu and low vitamin D levels is well documented. Just one example:

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

From what I'm hearing in my area,..the Current flu shot is ineffective against the current strand of the flu which is spreading....Now I don't know this to be fact, so do you own checking.....

I was sick with fever,body aches,horrendous coughing,sinus infection...meds Appeared to clear it up after it spread around the house..Now 5 weeks later same thing all over again...both Times needing medical attention due to breathing issues..

I tried to air out my home yesterday, and started to disinfect through out..
Perhaps the google trend shows that people are looking for answers out of concern?
This mess appears to be persistent and nasty....

thx

tom

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have never had a flu shot and I have never had the flu.
That's all I got.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Just throwing this out there for ya, maybe you got sick because you've only been sleepin 2-4 hours and maybe you can function, but your body's having a harder time inside.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join