It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soursop Fruit 100 Fold Stronger At Killing Cancer Than Chemotherapy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Jesus everyone got its own name for it, its not a Durian fruit nor a PawPaw nor a Custard Apple it is a it's called a soursop.

anyway.

www.quackometer.net...

I stand corrected.

Graviola is a substance that comes from a tree in the rain forests of Africa, South America, and Southeast Asia. Its scientific name is Annona muricata. It is also known as cherimoya, guanabana, soursop, custard apple, and brazilian paw paw. In many countries, people use the bark, leaves, root, and fruits of this tree for traditional remedies. The active ingredient is thought to be a type of plant compound (phytochemical) called annonaceous acetogenins. People in African and South American countries have used graviola to treat infections with viruses or parasites, rheumatism, arthritis, depression, and sickness. We know from research that some graviola extracts can help to treat these conditions. In laboratory studies, graviola extracts can kill some types of liver and breast cancer cells that are resistant to particular chemotherapy drugs. But there haven’t been any large scale studies in humans. So we don't know yet whether it can work as a cancer treatment or not.

Source

edit on 11-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is excellent new information.

This is what makes me sooooo mad ..... how many milions and millions of dollars are put into Cancer Research, for like Komen for Women and The Cancer Research Institute.

Anyway, Soursop is the name of the fruit from the plant "Annona Muricata".

There are several medical studies on the Annona Muricata.

The essential oil from the leaves of Annona sylvatica (EOAS) was extracted by hydrodistillation, and the analysis was performed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...

The anticancer activity the EOAS showed growth inhibitory activity on all cell lines when administered in a high concentration

Source

The in vitro anti-tumor test showed compound 5 significantly inhibited 95-D lung cancer cells and compounds 2 and 9 exhibited remarkbale activity against A2780 ovarian cancer cells.

Source

"Nutritionally, the fruit is high in carbohydrates, particularly fructose.[citation needed] The fruit also contains significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B1, and vitamin B2.[3] The fruit, seeds, and leaves have a number of herbal medicinal uses among indigenous peoples of regions where the plant is common.[citation needed]

There is evidence indicating that the fruit's extracts selectively inhibit the growth of human breast cancer cells by downregulating expression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) in vitro and in a mouse model,[4] but the effect has not been studied in humans.

Laboratory research and evidence suggests that Graviola may be effective in treating some infections as well as some forms of cancer, but human data is lacking."

Wiki

Its properties of action is antibacterial, anticancer, antiparasitic, antitumor, antispasmodic, stomachic, astringent, cytotoxic, febrifuge, hypotensive, insecticide, pesticide, sedative, vasodilator, vermifuge.

Antitumor effect by the active or inactive against cells of tumor origin (not having capacity of these cells die and go crowd forming stones or tumors) acts to decrease gradually until they disappear calcification, which takes time to go each of our systems, improving and purifying. In the case of kidney tumor or calcifications in the liver, pancreas, lungs, brain or kidneys the dose increases from 5 to 7 grams daily, and their intake should be longer than six months.

Antirheumatic, antiarthritic, has an immediate effect on joint pain and degeneration of these (Osteoarthritis). Especially for those who receive treatment.

Antidiabetic, by its powerful action in the blood helps to eliminate excess glucose. Works to normalize the juice and pancreatic enzymes. If you take insulin, should be consumed 1 or 2 seeds, peeled and crushed fruit (guava) fasting for seven days.

For ovarian colic, soursop tea (graviolas), let cool and strain before drinking, repeated after two hours.

Anti-inflammatory, endocrine and liver, because of his extensive power-inflammatory and / or released by the blood, is excellent for the endocrine system, normalizing hormone production in the different glands of our body, whether in the nervous system, immunological and player (ovaries and prostate) in the liver, kidneys, stomach, gastritis and ulcers fights.

Contains folic acid, which makes it excellent for women who wish to become pregnant (normal production of DNA), avoiding infections that complicate the development of the fetus.

Sedative, to recover the heart muscle after a heart attack and combat hypertension and cardiovascular problems. It has calming effect at night, getting a good nights sleep. No sleepy during the day.

Antidiarrheal, by its potent insecticide eliminates bacteria that cause diarrhea, is more effective than an antibiotic and works without damaging the intestinal flora, being 100% natural. Bark and leaf together have fungicidal properties, antifungal eliminates certain fungi that produce erythema (herpes, psoriasis).

Skin: Psoriasis, lupus (with Flax and Nettle Black), seborrhea, in regulating the endocrine system, also controls our glands fluids making them work if they are blocked and regulating them if they occur in excess, such as psoriasis.

Antiparasitic, insecticidal action by their powerful help to eliminate parasites, especially in children, dissolve one capsule before meals for 7 days.

Tract, for its soothing action facilitates good digestion, removing excess fat and triglycerides in opulent meal. To aid digestion, it is excellent when we are on chemotherapy.

...... and much much more, so read the link.

Source

Also warns about buying supplements in health food stores because it's not the same. You need to consume the acutal plant in its natural state.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

The only "research" they are funding is the research into the size of their bank accounts.

I've written a few times specifically about Komen and how an examination of their IRS Filings (available on their website) shows a huge expenditure for payroll and management salary/bonusing but a tiny number for # of salaried workers.

Something's afoot

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Pardon?

I would think, based on the limited research in this field. That the consumption of Soursop fruit in the study area, is due to the availability of it as a staple in their diet, from it being an indigenous fruit to the area. I would tend to think, anything eaten in over abundance will have some type of side effect. Also, the study is not conclusive. It's an interesting study, nonetheless. But, it won't stop me from eating the fruit.

Des

edit on 11-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Hence the "increased consumption" part of the post.
As for it's possible anti-cancer properties I would suggest though that increased consumption of it would be a necessity at the very least as the active compound would only be present in comparatively small quantities per fruit, far too little to have any positive effect.
Remember as well that the studies that have shown a potential cancer cell inhibition is very specific to a certain genotype of breast cancer. It's only be studied in vitro and it's only been studied in mice. No human studies yet.

Plus there have actually been more studies conducted on its propagation of Parkinsons than its role in fighting cancer.

So, a bit of the devil and deep blue sea.
Eating this fruit in increased quantities might help against cancer but at the same time may give you Parkinsons.

Which do you want?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
reply to post by Julie Washington

The only "research" they are funding is the research into the size of their bank accounts.

I've written a few times specifically about Komen and how an examination of their IRS Filings (available on their website) shows a huge expenditure for payroll and management salary/bonusing but a tiny number for # of salaried workers.

Something's afoot

Yes, I have read the report on Komen and they disgust me. When the were going to to the "walk" in my area I posted their disgusting ways on my facebook page and many friend were totally unaware and backed out their support.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'm doubtful of this at this stage.

* I don't see any clinical trials
* In googling the tree and fruit, I see it's eaten in areas where life expectancy is much shorter (and therefore, lower rates of cancer) than in "the developed world."
* there are countries (Finland) with long life expectancies that have a MUCH lower rate of cancer than the Caribbean nations and Mexico and I'm going to predict that almost no one in Finland eats this fruit: cebp.aacrjournals.org...

In different areas of the world, people's death patterns (mortality trends) vary considerably (Take a look at Mexico, one of the nations that eats this fruit. Diahrrea and parasitic diseases take a very high toll )

I think someone found an exotic fruit that isn't being touted by other nutritional supplement companies, made an extract, and entered (with "weasel words") the "cancer cure" market. This is a highly competitive and highly profitable market for the nutritional supplement companies.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When i done a thread about the Blushwood tree I came across this video about the soursop.

soursop
It is explained in this article that the healing properties are found in the ark and seeds and not in the fruit. That makes sense because there were animal trials on blushwood seeds and proof that the oil in the seed can shrink a tumor in a matter of days.

If one takes a look at my blushwood thread they will see how it is nothing more that 500million dollars stopping the world from being cancer free.
edit on 13-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes we eat this fruit in my Island of Puerto Rico grows in trees and is very soft and smoochy, it has dark small seeds and we use just alone or use them on what we call "Champolas" they are fruit drinks.

The taste is better when drinking in a fruit drink than eating it raw, because of the texture for some.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It's probably due to Laetrile or B17 content then if I had to guess... it was banned in the US because it works and therefore cuts into the cancer industry. They can't make billions if folks can simply treat themselves with fruit pits.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
reply to post by karl 12

I'm doubtful of this at this stage.

* I don't see any clinical trials
* In googling the tree and fruit, I see it's eaten in areas where life expectancy is much shorter (and therefore, lower rates of cancer) than in "the developed world."
* there are countries (Finland) with long life expectancies that have a MUCH lower rate of cancer than the Caribbean nations and Mexico and I'm going to predict that almost no one in Finland eats this fruit: cebp.aacrjournals.org...

In different areas of the world, people's death patterns (mortality trends) vary considerably (Take a look at Mexico, one of the nations that eats this fruit. Diahrrea and parasitic diseases take a very high toll )

I think someone found an exotic fruit that isn't being touted by other nutritional supplement companies, made an extract, and entered (with "weasel words") the "cancer cure" market. This is a highly competitive and highly profitable market for the nutritional supplement companies.

Yeah, there's not a wealth of research grants available for curative research if the 'cure' isn't something they can file a patent on. As to your second point, 'Lower rates of cancer' should stand out regardless of life expectancy statistics and I'm not sure what 'Diahrrea and parasitic diseases' have to do with anything other than demonizing 'that fruit'.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

As regards parasites, an ethanolic extract from it has some capacity to kill trematode helminths...

From an in vitro USDA study, conjuction with others may be more active.

This should raise interest for other studies.

As for cancer, a review paper can resolve some questions raised here. Might post within the hour.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21562762

Parasitol Res. 2011 Dec;109(6):1585-92. doi: 10.1007/s00436-011-2418-0. Epub 2011 May 12.

In vitro trematocidal effects of crude alcoholic extracts of Artemisia annua, A. absinthium, Asimina triloba, and Fumaria officinalis: trematocidal plant alcoholic extracts.

Ferreira JF, Peaden P, Keiser J.

USDA-ARS, Appalachian Farming Systems Research Center, 1224 Airport Rd., Beaver, WV 25813, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

Trematode infections negatively affect human and livestock health, and threaten global food safety. The only approved human anthelmintics for trematodiasis are triclabendazole and praziquantel with no alternative drugs in sight. We tested six crude plant extracts against adult Schistosoma mansoni, Fasciola hepatica, and Echinostoma caproni in vitro. Mortality was best achieved by ethanolic extracts of Artemisia annua (sweet Annie), Asimina triloba (paw-paw), and Artemisia absinthium (wormwood) which, at 2 mg/mL, killed S. mansoni and E. caproni in 20 h or less (except for wormwood), F. hepatica between 16 and 23 h (sweet Annie), or 40 h (paw-paw). Some extracts were active at 0.2 mg/mL and 20 μg/mL, although more time was required to kill trematodes. However, aqueous A. annua and methanol extracts of Fumaria officinalis had no activity. Chromatographic analysis of the three best extracts established that A. annua and A. triloba extracts contained bioactive artemisinin and acetogenins (asimicin and bullatacin), respectively. The anthelmintic activity of our extracts at such low doses indicates that their anthelmintic activity deserves further testing as natural alternative controls for parasites of both animals and humans. Our results also support recent evidence that synergistic effects of multiple bioactive compounds present in crude plant extracts is worth exploring.

PMID: 21562762 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
reply to post by deadeyedick

It's probably due to Laetrile or B17 content then if I had to guess... it was banned in the US because it works and therefore cuts into the cancer industry. They can't make billions if folks can simply treat themselves with fruit pits.

It's definitely not laetrile in the seeds and/or bark (please don't call laetrile B17, it is the antithesis of a vitamin!).
Laetrile does not and has never cured cancer.

There has been numerous studies performed on it since its "discovery" in the 1950's and not one has reported ANYONE being cured by it.
Not one.

There are however, plenty of clinics who still perform this laetrile "therapy" mainly in the likes of Mexico and no doubt they have plenty of testimonials to "prove" how successful they are (and bank statements too).

As for graviola.....

www.cancerresearchuk.org...

Try it if you wish...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Again my friend, thanks for a very informative and enlightening post!

I happen to consume soursop in fruit form and in sweetened drinks when going on vacation in Latin and South America. I also purchase the soursop ice-cream here in the US. Extremely tasty fruit. As a matter of fact, the authentic soursop ice-cream is my favorite flavor.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join